Australian RC Forums banner

shim bell question

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  towie964 
#1 ·
hey i guys i want too shim my Clutch Bell to help the bearings last but Im unsure which size i need my book is saying washers.

Im presuming they are shims but when i took my engine for repair last week at the hobby shop i wast sure if my engine come with shims so Im unsure.

My book is saying washers 2 3x5x0.4mm so im not sure if they are my shims or not i cant seem to find that size on the net anyone know would be a great help if they are my shims or washers and where i can get that same size

#4 ·
Where abouts are you ?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#7 · (Edited)
Supercheap or Bolt King or similar will all stock shims, so will your LHS have tamaya shim packs. Ignore the 0.4 as you will want to thickness the shims to suit the amount of backlash there is, this might be 0.5 might be 0.7, you just keep adding shims till the play is gone. M3 x 5mm I think the tamaya ones are M5x7 not sure i would have to look in my tool box and im going to bed :)

#10 ·
The 3x5 measurement has got me wondering....

The screw that holds the clutch bell in place should be a 3mm x 5mm, but the shims should be 5mm (inside diameter) to fit over the shaft, there may be a small 3mm washer on the screw as well

I am thinking you would be looking for 5x7x.02mm shims, they can be bought in a Multi-pack (10) from most LHS....Just ask for clutch bell shims

Supercheap are unlikely to have anything that small

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.