Australian RC Forums banner

Thexder's Losi Build

11K views 39 replies 6 participants last post by  Thexder 
#1 ·
I've seen some awesome Losi 5ive T builds on other forums and thought I would show what I've been doing to mine.
I got my Losi second hand and with a few mods already done
RCMK Head
TC Steering Brace
Senad Short Air Filter
Alum Front / Rear Brace
Alum Servo Saver Arm
Quick Release Fuel Lines
Olimate Tuned Pipe Unsilenced

I do love the look of the truck and the low profile it has. I know everyone has seen them before but I had it on my workbench just sitting there looking at it.

Attachments

See less See more
#32 ·
Cheers guys, I was in PSR the other day with my eldest daughter and she was really keen to get a RC buggy, so don't need Felix for that excuse :)

#35 ·
So, racing hasn't happened yet which for the Losi is a good thing. I've sorted out some issues I was having with the carby, took both the Losi and the Baja to the local park to have a bit of a test drive and found out the the brakes on the Losi kept binding. I had replaced the stock centre diff mount with Alloy posts and the brake caliper bolts kept coming loose. Even after they were threadlocked. So it looks like I'll have to go back to the stock diff mount till I can invest in the Modified RC diff mount. To me that looks like the way to go for long term strength and reliability.

#36 ·
RC is frustrating like that isn't it.

I took my MCD out for a bash with the guys on the weekend and didn't even have an awkward landing or a hit to teh front wheels yet my servo just died! SUCKS.

Lucky there will be another MCD on my doorstep tomorrow! :)

#37 ·
Matt, I don't know how you can do it :) two's enough for me at this stage.
Yeah it can be frustrating, though it's better to have things like this happen while I test it out rather than have it happen up at Monarto.

#38 ·
Well race day came and went. Was a great day even though I didn't get that much track time with the Losi that I would have hoped.
I decided to take both the Baja and the Losi as I wasn't too sure how the Losi would go and I knew that the Baja was running well. Really happy with my Baja, I was slow as a wet rag but was great seeing it go around the track and handled like I remembered. When it came to racing with the Losi, as soon as we started I was smiling all the time. Such a different car to drive. I know this isn't an Elcon, Horrman or even a MCD but having not driven a 4WD before it was just a fun drive. I'm sure I was smiling ear to ear during those 8 minutes for heat 1.
Unfortunately, I didn't get it in for heat 2 as one of my rear shocks came apart and I didn't see it till I was about to start the race. Plus, I lost a bolt in the center diff holding the front brake calipers. Got it fixed in time for the finals. I was doing well till my rear brake locked up and stopped me from continuing, plus I noticed the rear shock was leaking again. I didn't really care though. Was a blast to drive.
One thing I noticed though, my Penta body did a great job of keeping the mud out of the cage. There was hardly a scrap of dirt inside, plenty of mud around the outside though. My only complaint was that I expected the body to last a bit longer that it did before it got cracked. There are minor cracks around the front corners but a big crack though the right side panel. Considering I don't remember crashing it or having any collisions I wasn't sure how that happened. Still though, I can easily replace the side panel, just have to paint it up first.

Attachments

#39 ·
So is the losi living up to what you thought or wanted it to be? I hate it when you buy an RC and it doesn't perform how you thought it would. Thats when I sell it and buy somthing else.

I look forward to see you and the losi and the next TnT day, Ill be there for sure.

#40 ·
Actually I was pretty happy. Each time I was cornering I had a big smile on my face. Ah, the joys of 4WD. I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to complete the final but considering it was the first time on the track and the first time I had a good bash with it I wasn't expecting it to be perfect. Hopefully I can play with the setup a bit more on the 18th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.