Thexder's Losi Build - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Moderator little_drifter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivean View Post
    yeah they follow AARCMCC, so you are outlaw for everything there by the looks of it LD. Once you go over 26cc you are Outlaw
    Yeah outlaw for me, it sounds so bad ass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AIR:
    DJI Phantom - Spektrum DX9 Mode 2, Hobbyking Bixler v1.1

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

• TLR 22T 2.0 • MST FXX-D • Tamiya CW-01 • Tamiya DT-02 • Slash LCG 4x4 VXL •

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm still waiting on a Rx LiPo battery that I ordered from Hobby King but I got a small LiPo (2200mA, 7.4v) from PSR the other day and thought I would try that with the dual set.
    I made up a lead to convert the Deans plug to a standard Rx plug and took a saw to the old battery box from the stock steering and throttle setup.
    Unlike the electrics box on the Baja, there is heaps of room for a battery, kill switch and light controller if you wanted.
    Cutting the battery box off the stock setup, I mounted it to the battery plate. Fits well and now the battery is protected.
    It's amazing how different the steering is using the LiPo over the stock battery.
    "Where there's a will, there's a way, and I will be going thata way."

HPI Sprint 2 Flux
    HPI Baja 5T
    Losi 5ive-T

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Are you using HV servos? is the lipo going straight to the rx?

AIR:

I'm running a Savox 235 for the throttle/brake and dual Hitec 5765's. Both are 7.4v so I should expect a difference. Have the battery going directly to the rx at this stage.

HPI Sprint 2 Flux
    HPI Baja 5T
    Losi 5ive-T

Cheers to Easy I got a few goodies, full screw and bearing kit plus Aluminum Hot Racing rear arms. Love the finish on them. Just wish I could find a front set. Also installed the Full Force shock socks. The yellow isn't exactly what I wanted but it's as close as I can get. It will be interesting to see how that fare compared to the Outware shock covers that I have on the Baja, they're dirty but have lasted 1 1/2 years of bashing/racing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

HPI Sprint 2 Flux
    HPI Baja 5T
    Losi 5ive-T

Thumbs up

Well, I had some free time yesterday, got around removing the wheels, giving them a sand down and dyeing the wheels black. Came out well and look much better than the grey.

HPI Sprint 2 Flux
    HPI Baja 5T
    Losi 5ive-T

Looks sweet as. Is the bun out the oven yet?

AIR:

Yes, Felix was born yesterday morning 9:14am and we all came home that afternoon. Pretty happy and proud Dad at the moment.

HPI Sprint 2 Flux
    HPI Baja 5T
    Losi 5ive-T

Congratulations Mark.....and Felix, cool name

The car looks wicked mate. That'll turn a few heads at the track
    • TLR 22T 2.0 • MST FXX-D • Tamiya CW-01 • Tamiya DT-02 • Slash LCG 4x4 VXL •

Congrats to you and your wife, a boy, you'll have plenty of future reasons to buy the next toy!
    Go hard for fun!!

Cheers guys, I was in PSR the other day with my eldest daughter and she was really keen to get a RC buggy, so don't need Felix for that excuse

HPI Sprint 2 Flux
    HPI Baja 5T
    Losi 5ive-T

Well my number decals arrived today. Big thanks go to Trophy5th on OZLS for doing those for me. Now it looks ready for Monarto.
    Attachment 32745
    Last edited by Thexder; 17-07-2013 at 11:13 PM.

HPI Sprint 2 Flux
    HPI Baja 5T
    Losi 5ive-T

Congrats on little Felix! Hope mum and bub are doing well.

Back to RC...... ....... the Losi looks sweet!

AIR:

So, racing hasn't happened yet which for the Losi is a good thing. I've sorted out some issues I was having with the carby, took both the Losi and the Baja to the local park to have a bit of a test drive and found out the the brakes on the Losi kept binding. I had replaced the stock centre diff mount with Alloy posts and the brake caliper bolts kept coming loose. Even after they were threadlocked. So it looks like I'll have to go back to the stock diff mount till I can invest in the Modified RC diff mount. To me that looks like the way to go for long term strength and reliability.

HPI Sprint 2 Flux
    HPI Baja 5T
    Losi 5ive-T

RC is frustrating like that isn't it.

I took my MCD out for a bash with the guys on the weekend and didn't even have an awkward landing or a hit to teh front wheels yet my servo just died! SUCKS.

Lucky there will be another MCD on my doorstep tomorrow!

AIR:

Matt, I don't know how you can do it two's enough for me at this stage.
    Yeah it can be frustrating, though it's better to have things like this happen while I test it out rather than have it happen up at Monarto.

HPI Sprint 2 Flux
    HPI Baja 5T
    Losi 5ive-T

Well race day came and went. Was a great day even though I didn't get that much track time with the Losi that I would have hoped.
    I decided to take both the Baja and the Losi as I wasn't too sure how the Losi would go and I knew that the Baja was running well. Really happy with my Baja, I was slow as a wet rag but was great seeing it go around the track and handled like I remembered. When it came to racing with the Losi, as soon as we started I was smiling all the time. Such a different car to drive. I know this isn't an Elcon, Horrman or even a MCD but having not driven a 4WD before it was just a fun drive. I'm sure I was smiling ear to ear during those 8 minutes for heat 1.
    Unfortunately, I didn't get it in for heat 2 as one of my rear shocks came apart and I didn't see it till I was about to start the race. Plus, I lost a bolt in the center diff holding the front brake calipers. Got it fixed in time for the finals. I was doing well till my rear brake locked up and stopped me from continuing, plus I noticed the rear shock was leaking again. I didn't really care though. Was a blast to drive.
    One thing I noticed though, my Penta body did a great job of keeping the mud out of the cage. There was hardly a scrap of dirt inside, plenty of mud around the outside though. My only complaint was that I expected the body to last a bit longer that it did before it got cracked. There are minor cracks around the front corners but a big crack though the right side panel. Considering I don't remember crashing it or having any collisions I wasn't sure how that happened. Still though, I can easily replace the side panel, just have to paint it up first.

HPI Sprint 2 Flux
    HPI Baja 5T
    Losi 5ive-T

So is the losi living up to what you thought or wanted it to be? I hate it when you buy an RC and it doesn't perform how you thought it would. Thats when I sell it and buy somthing else.

I look forward to see you and the losi and the next TnT day, Ill be there for sure.

AIR:

Actually I was pretty happy. Each time I was cornering I had a big smile on my face. Ah, the joys of 4WD. I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to complete the final but considering it was the first time on the track and the first time I had a good bash with it I wasn't expecting it to be perfect. Hopefully I can play with the setup a bit more on the 18th.

HPI Sprint 2 Flux
    HPI Baja 5T
    Losi 5ive-T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12