Australian RC Forums banner

Open the forums up!!!

23K views 125 replies 23 participants last post by  PC WIZ 
#1 ·
OK, here are out list of demands :)

1. images in our signatures, limit the size though
2. tags in our sigs

Ummmm anything else you guys want to add?

#4 ·
AUSRC Hoodies for all and stickers!

#5 ·
Bumper stickers! That way I can see my fellow rc'rs on the road and race them there too.

**I don't urge anyone to drive unsafely or condone this, but when in Rome...**

#8 ·
ive got a hoodie and tee coming from one of the other forums lol

it would be good if Aus could keep up with some of the newbie forums.

#9 ·
People walking around RC race meetings advertising ausrc for free and charging us money for it?
What a novel idea! I think your on to something there. lol

#13 ·
The benefits should be there and the contributions should be voluntary.

#14 ·
Best thing is to keep putting forward suggestions and all us mods can do is put them forward to the owners of the forum.
What is the impact to them if it is enabled?

#16 ·
More PM space for every 10 rep points recieved? :p

#17 ·
I have sent a message to the Forum owners, asking for their input on some of the ideas that have been mentioned in this thread

So...here is the big question....

How many of the members would be genuinely prepared to purchase a membership if you could get the larger Inbox, Pickies in Signatures, supporter gear like T Shirts, Caps, Hoodies and Stickers?

The Forum Owners will more than likely want to see a genuine interest from more than just a handful of members before committing to a large dollar investment, so if this is something you want, put your hands up...

If you would like this kind of Merchandise available, leave a comment so they can see their is a genuine interest

I will make this thread a sticky so it is easy to find

Cheers
Pete

#19 ·
larger Inbox, Pickies in Signatures,
These should not cost anything, they should be rewards for contribution. A forum is nothing without people who post, and this forum makes its money off of us who post here, so tossing those of us who post a lot a bone is not going to hurt them at all. Something like 300 posts gets you a larger inbox and 1000 posts gets you a picy sig. Reward those who contribute. Pretty simple, all the rest, hoodies and stickers, well forget that, too much money to invest for little return, if anyone wants an AusRC sticker, i will be able to make small runs of stickers soon from home, so i can deal them out.

#20 ·
I still do....

If I read a well put together post, or I feel strongly about a subject, trouble is, you can only give a rep point to one person, then must spread it around before giving the same person another rep point..

#21 ·
You have to run a donation model at best.

As for their time and effort? Enabling the images is easy. Setting up the inbox is a piece of ****.

I run a forum that charges $5, $10 or $15.
Then has it set up so that after donation you get 200, 300, 500 pms. Then the same amount of photos in the gallery. And then it changes what you can do in the signature.
We dont even charge every year.

spruce the place up a little and get people active.

#26 ·
I didn't know we had rep?
You have two yourself. :)

I would buy a hoody and T/shirt. Stickers should be free to all who pass 30 posts.

#29 ·
I dont see why it should be free to be honest

#30 ·
I have suggest to the owners that we get new sponsors on board who contribute to the forum, who also offer prizes for a paid members draw.

I would like to see the old subscribers system come back. With $25, $50, $75 and $100 subscriptions. With each lever gaining a certain level of membership e,g PM inbox, signature, stickers an hoodies. Hope it will happen.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.