Australian RC Forums banner

Open the forums up!!!

23K views 125 replies 23 participants last post by  PC WIZ 
#1 ·
OK, here are out list of demands :)

1. images in our signatures, limit the size though
2. tags in our sigs

Ummmm anything else you guys want to add?

#33 ·
Lol LD, you caught that one quick!

Having the old mods on here is good! They get to know who the trouble makers are and understand what others are on about.

Plus if you expect something when you give money, its not really a donation is it lol.

#34 ·
One other thing i'd like to add.... members should NOT have to pay to cover the costs of running a forum, your sponsors should be covering the costs of that... get out and find some more sponsors, that's what i do for the mcd racing forum membership is free.

#39 ·
Sigs shouldn't be paid for. It is no skin off their nose.

I will give you a list of what I did on the forums for $5, $10 & $15 donations when I got home. I then had 140 people donate.

Do you think you will get 20 people donating more than $50?

I do giveaways as well

#40 ·
I don't think more then 20 people would donate more then $50, no.

Pete and I have put ideas forward to the owners and we will see what responses we get from them.

What would people think about the chat box again? It did kill the forum a little I think, people stopped posting in threds. But the chat box seems to work on other forums.

#45 · (Edited)
IMO I don't have have a big enough regular member base to warrant a chatbox. But I'm all for stickers and so, but in more of a shop format rather than a donations format. Would be good to have stickers and merchandise to promote the forum to get a more people interested in rc and a bigger member base. With decent bashing get togethers in 3 states there's plenty of opportunity to promote ausrc.

Also lets not turn this into a mods discussion. Rod and LD continue your conversation via PMs.

#52 ·
Actually, that's where the problem is.... the parent company is running this forum as a business and expects to make a profit.

#56 ·
also stickers should be done in a group buy, somebody organises the design and printing and charges whats needed to have them printed and sent.

same thing could be done with jumpers, shirts and such but it takes time, testing and support.

#57 ·
I'm not overly fussed about free merch or pics in sigs etc. I would like a bigger inbox though. I have a massive one on rctech that I rarely ever use, and yet here where I post alot and use the pm system fairly often I constantly have to delete messages to be sure I get any pms.

To be honest though the biggest improvement to the forum would be an end to all the bickering and schoolyard biatch fighting that has been going on lately. Not only that, but I've seen a lot of smartarse comments made in threads posted by new members, which is hardly encouraging new members to come back.
I'm not going to engage in any fingerpointing, nor am I trying to start any new fights. Just saying what I've seen.

#58 ·
im a member and a mod on another forum they have a huge following (not rc )but they dont charge fees for being a member all the money required to keep the forum running comes from sponsors and merchandise
i myself have bought 5 hoodies an two shirts from them and it looks good when you all wear the site logo together makes you look like a real club to others and also promotes the site so more people join up.
they also have stickers, hats, pit shirts are coming, and stubby holders.
all these things are advertising nothing more.
signatures are able to have pics as standard
you do have a 50 limit om pm's
and theres no limit to how many pictures you can post.

#60 ·
I know Dawson, Monaroman and Homer don't come on this forum because of one member. Get rid of the trouble maker's and none of this will happen.

Start with the stickers! I'd put one on both of my real car's to promote the forum.

#64 ·
Who got banned?

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1

#69 · (Edited)
I think ask You Mad Ambro or Grafil got banned and no im not playing with ya, I should be in a position to print nice vinyl decal sets in a couple of weeks. I have a bunch of paper samples on the way from all over the world once they get here i can work on pricing for you.

All this talk of photography in BBT's thread got me thinking about getting back into it again in a semi decent way and so i have bought a A3 printer for doing my own prints at home, and well for printing my own decal sets for my cars too :)

#72 ·
Haha, I remember tiny leaving abusive messages on my message bank after I texted him when he left his mobile no on the forums. Haha. Won't miss him though!

Mr Leopard did seem like a douche at times but he also seemed he liked to help noobs.

Sent from Nexus 4 using Tapatalk.

#73 ·
Not the last noob. He was an ahole to him.

Anyone who tells someone to f'n die, drink nitro, fire up the glo plugs and shove them can get lost as far as I am concerned.

I dont care if it was a stupid question or not. Only Mr L took it that far

#81 ·
I know Tiny from the track and my god was he one of the most generous and helpful guys when we were staying off

Same with Johnny, helped with setup and parts

#83 ·
Yes, correct Ambro is also completely different at the track. He gave some great advice and put himself out to help work on our cars

#84 · (Edited)
Some people may forget that there are actually people behind the words they read and on the receiving end of there BS, they also forget that some of these forum users may not be all that old, without the face to face its up to what you think the users age, skills and mental capabiltys are (normally your assumption is wrong)

Sorry if you guys think these guys are nice in person, they probably are. but hiding behind a keyboard they turn. Makes you wonder if they are just too soft to say what they think in person for fear of rejection or segregation....

Hang on, who cares

#86 ·
Some people may forget that there are actually people behind the words they read and on the receiving end of there BS,

Sorry but if you guys think these guys are nice in person, they probably are but hiding behind a keyboard they turn. Makes you wonder if they are just too soft to say what they think in person for fear of rejection or segregation which makes them bitter online....

Hang on, who cares.
LOl!

On a different note. Even if we have to pay for the hoodies and sticker, be good to be offered by the forum.

#85 ·
In no way am I defending their forum behavior. Just putting it out there that they aren't all that bad in person

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.