Australian RC Forums banner

Macca's got a Hormann

24K views 74 replies 12 participants last post by  macca68 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I've been a member on this forum for a while but haven't done much posting.
I race Large scale at SALS and and have been loving since I started a 2 years ago. There was bit of talk going around about these Hormann HT-3's so I went for a drive to PSR in Adelaide to check them out.
Mike and Bryan done the sale pitch, made me an offer I couldn't refuse and before I knew it I walked out the door with a big box full of goodies

Here's a couple of pics

The box.

What was in the box?
Stickers, and lots of them, a Hormann hat and T shirt.

This is slick! CNC light weight chasis

Side skirts, fuel tank (plumbed) rims and tyres and push rods.

A couple of boxes that looked like this.

The contents of box 1. Lots of goodies in here, nicely numbered to make the building process easier.

The contents of box 2 wing and mounts, air cleaner, front bumper, reciever box and exhaust.

Bryan suggested I try one of the Samba pipes so I grabed one to try.

And last of all, the body.

See less See more
#4 ·
Back to it!
Fist up Bag 1.

Front hubs.

Machine work and tolerances are flawless. The bearings 'click' in. A bit of thumb pressure is all that is required. No tapping in with hammers. The front end width can be changed by simply swapping the post from the inner hole in the hub to the outer.

#12 ·
Bag 8 and rear diff assembly

Now this is where the fun begins
The instructions are a little bit vague to say the least, plus there are written in German
I did a few 'dry runs' first to make sure I had all the shims and gears in the right place. I will admit that I didn't get it right the first time. It wasn't hard, but it did take a few attempts to get it right.

Clutch bell mounting

Lay shaft and gears

Those two bolted together

Diff

Bag 8

And with the help of magic
It all fits neatly together

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.