Australian RC Forums banner

My new kit

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  steze 
#1 · (Edited)
X ray RX8 2012 spec

Just got it home today. Does anyone have experience in building these. Any tips as this is my first 1/8 on road. Ive always had off road

#2 ·
As with all kits lay everything out and go through the components to familiarise yourself with them and also to check that it is all there
read the instructions through several times.
I buy those ziplock bags from the supermarket and put the components for each step in them and number the bag to match the step number in the instructions.
then start to build and enjoy.

#4 ·
Thanks for the advice. Yea the instruction manual for the x-ray compared to my manual for the serpent 811 is so much better and easier to understand. What I like the most is being able to identically match the correct screws with the picture on the manual as it seems like its drawn to scale with the actual screws.

#5 ·
I have built a few 8th scale onroad cars, but not the xray. It shouldn't be too difficult if you take your time and read the instructions. I've heard the clutch on these kits can be a bit problematic so pay attention to this area.

What motor are you planning on running in it?

#6 ·
Main thing is to identify all the different parts, and to make sure every part is there.

That in itself makes the build much easier, as you dont end up using a similar part in the wrong spot, and if something is missing, you can get it sorted straight away rather than later when you are building it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.