RC Helis are not toys!
    R/C Newbie

RC Helis are not toys!

If you have seen the pics which Lost fingers, Stitches and more, you would know rc helis are not toys.That just made me wanna throw my 600 in the trash and then jump up and down on the trash and then burn the trash and launch the ashes into orbit! Those guys got HURT! Dang it!!!!!!! My CF blades on my 450 are mean too!!!I get hairs standin up everytime I think about the pics in the safety forum I had already seen, now I'm gonna need counseling.

so be careful while you are playing with your rc heli.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Good Advice there Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

R/C Newbie
    Everyone I have showed this to has turned away and said that's really not nice are they real ? Think they think we just go play with our toys and we are out of harms way, if only lol Great thread.
    Last edited by Peter; 28-05-2013 at 07:17 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

You reckon a 450 with carbon blades is dangerous, try a 90 sized machine swinging carbon blades which has a tip to tip of 1650 or more.

Cheers Dave.
    baja 5sct shorty, MCD RRv4 Full mod 29.5 OBR ( and lots of bling ) savage xs flux, savage x 4.6 ss, hpi firestorm flux, axial scx10, mcpx x3.

R/C Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tong View Post
    If you have seen the pics which Lost fingers, Stitches and more, you would know rc helis are not toys.That just made me wanna throw my 600 in the trash and then jump up and down on the trash and then burn the trash and launch the ashes into orbit! Those guys got HURT! Dang it!!!!!!! My CF blades on my 450 are mean too!!!I get hairs standin up everytime I think about the pics in the safety forum I had already seen, now I'm gonna need counseling.

so be careful while you are playing with your rc heli.

Yea I agree they're NOT toys at all. They can do some serious damage im forever hearing of people that have been put off flying because of the damage they can cause. Simple things like making sure the heli is atleast 2 feet ( depending on the scale ) away from you to avoid injury and unless your experienced avoid flying nose in.

blinghobbies.com

Quote Originally Posted by lynas213 View Post
    Yea I agree they're NOT toys at all. They can do some serious damage im forever hearing of people that have been put off flying because of the damage they can cause. Simple things like making sure the heli is atleast 2 feet ( depending on the scale ) away from you to avoid injury and unless your experienced avoid flying nose in.

blinghobbies.com

Heli's can be safe to fly, as long as you respect them and treat them for what they are............not a toy.

Even heli's like a trex 250 or the like you'd need to be well more than 2 feet away from it, the club I used to be a member of, had a rule of 9 metres I think, from where you stood and to where the heli took off from.

Cheers Dave.
    baja 5sct shorty, MCD RRv4 Full mod 29.5 OBR ( and lots of bling ) savage xs flux, savage x 4.6 ss, hpi firestorm flux, axial scx10, mcpx x3.

Senior Moderator
    Any occupation or hobby can be dangerous, but with a little care and thought, the danger is limited to accidental injury...mainly through product failure or breakage, and this can occur in any situation

I am sure no one needs to be told not to touch the fire, run with scissors or jump off a cliff....the difference with RC....these are real world items scaled down, the only thing not scaled down is the need for care when operating them, unfortunately, some people forget or ignore that and treat RC's like toys and get hurt in the process, that's when all the do gooders come out and call for regulation and more rules to govern us

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

Well said Towie every hobby/pastime has its risks
    It is how you handle it that makes the difference between pain and gain
    you cant get enough RC

All you have to so is remember back to last year when that guy killed himself with his own RC Heli to realise they aren't toys.

Yes he was flying way to close to himself which he had done 100 times before, but as we know things can go bad very quickly....

Senior Moderator
    It is always that last time that does the damage....heard it heaps of times, done this a thousand times before and never had anything go wrong.....usually followed by a blood curdling scream and oops...missing digits

Doesn't matter how many times they have done it....it always catches up to you....just let your guard down that one time and gotcha

R/C Newbie
    This is something I am qualified to say: I agree, RC Hellis are not toys, well not the ones with cyclic pitch mixing. I was lucky I never hurt myself or someone else with mine :/

A few years back after buying a supermarket micro, then a syma s007, i had a few spare dollars and thought I would splurge and buy a Blade 400. BIG MISTKAE!!! I couldnt fly it to save my life. I had several crashes, first was because I was completely caught out by its massive power and sensitivity, that caused some teeth in the drive belt to go missing (without me knowing) the next crash was caused when I was able to just hover at low throttle then when I added throttle heli would uncontrollably rotate because of the missing teeth on drive belt. as the tail rotor was not achieving adequate speed to counter main rotor. So I just gave up on it and it basically went to waste except I cannibalized the radio gear and put it in a bixler. Apart from the soft on ESC it all works quite well in the bixler, but a dam waste of a pretty expensive helli :/ Playing around with RC Nitro now and getting very cocky with the Bixler. lol. Infact I have a heap of spares and most of the heli is in very good shape except the drive belt and radio gear (thats in use) Im willing to swap it for some stuff of equal value for either a bixler or Kyosho inferno neo standard spec or Kyosho inferno Neo Race Spec (I have both cars). Im happy to make a video of Blade 400 + spares if anyone interested. comes with eflite gyro, motor (never pulled it out) basically everything except radio gear. Even got some of those training ping pong ball type legs/skids and its all rather useless to me now.

R/C Novice
    rc helicopter such as air hogs brand have basically made it possible for anyone to enjoy flying rc helicopter