Australian RC Forums banner

ARCR - Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway

12K views 33 replies 5 participants last post by  Vital-Blurs 
#1 · (Edited)

Hello! fellow AusRC'ers.

I'm introducing this club - Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway (as a basic member) to let people know that we exist, for a start, and if you're interested in racing 1/10th scale off-road electrics on real dirt then now is the time to join.

• We have our own track located at Mitchell Park Reserve (recently renovated)
  • We hold regular race meetings (fortnightly on Saturdays from 9am at the moment)
  • Membership is only $55 a year ($10 to enter a class)
  • Family friendly environment
  • Multiple classes and even a novice class for the young ones

The classes we've run so far include....

• 2WD Buggy (stock 17.5T and modified class)
  • 4WD Buggy (stock 17.5T and modified class)
  • 2WD Short Course Truck (stock 10.5T)
  • 2WD Stadium Truck (Modified class)
  • Junior Stock (mixed, but must be a 2WD buggy limited to 17.5T to be eligible for championship points)

An online entry form is made available leading up to each race meeting and some classes are dropped if there aren't enough entrants to make it worthwhile. But we usually manage to get between 6 and 10 cars on the grid for every race.

To apply for membership or if you'd like some more information then take a look at our website at www.arcr.org.au

There's always a Facebook page too - www.facebook.com/ARCRInc

See less See more
#2 ·
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage?

Wishing you all the best Trav! Sounds like a lot of fun.

#3 ·
Displays now? That's weird!

No link to ausrc?

#4 ·
Ah cheers, the link is fixed :rolleyes:

We've had 2 very successful events so far. It's awesome having a proper timing system incorporated into the track now. I've been recording the race finals too, so I'll post up some footage.

#5 · (Edited)
Nice! I'll be watching this thread. I'm keen to start a club here in Temora. I have bought 10 cars in the last 2 weeks and given away 7 off them just to get people interested.

Looking forward to seeing some footage.

#7 ·
Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway begins it's new season for 2015 tomorrow. Qualifying starts at 9am and the finals usually start after lunch (Bradley Grove, Mitchell Pk)

All are welcome of course :)

#8 ·
Well, the local council is going to demolish our track at the end of the year to make way for a 'running track' that goes around the oval. It'll be sad to see the old track go as it's had quite a long history even before we revamped it in 2013.

Thankfully, we have all the funds needed to build an entirely new track just 50m down the road ;)

Everything has been organised and sorted, so we should have our new track in time for the beginning of the 2016 season. Below is a link if anyone is interested in seeing some of our possible track layouts so far. I'll try to post some updates once some progress has been made.

http://arcr.org.au/trackworks

#10 ·
hehe...sorry, I couldn't resist.

Yeah, it's going to be a new beginning for the club. Just being able to redesign the track without a whole bunch of trees in the way will make a nice change. A bigger drivers stand will go a long way too. Hopefully it'll bring back some old members and maybe a few new ones as well.

#12 ·
Well, as expected the council has thrown some spanners in the works which has caused some issues and delays, but it will be built and at this stage it's looking like February.

Some progress has been made in one area where we're actually allowed to make some progress.....the footings for the drivers stand.

And here's an image of the current track design which runs clockwise.

#13 · (Edited)
Our new track has been delayed some more, but we've made some progress. The new location now has running water!

We had a good turnout, with about a dozen members lending a hand. This is how good clubs are made: large amounts of hard work. It doesn't happen any other way.

#16 ·
It's the same style of grating that we used for the steps. The council insisted that the floor be open to allow rain to fall through and reach any tree roots that might be underneath it.

Here's a better view....

#21 · (Edited)
Yeah, it's also going to be sad to see the old track go. It's been there for over 20 years as far as I know and this next race meeting will definitely be the last one it'll see. We plan on salvaging as much stuff from it as we can as it'll be gone by next week.....gone for good.

Ah well, I guess there's plenty of racing vids on YT so it'll never be forgotten :D

#25 ·
Mitchell Park Reserve.

Basically, head south along Marion Rd and turn left on Waterman Tce. It's right at the end of the street. The next round is in 2 weeks, so hopefully the new track will be ready by then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.