snowball
cj
snowballs mate (sorry forgot name)
and myself
was a good day to be out on the track weather was perfect
it was an all nitro and petrol affair except for my little brushless
4 nitro cars
scozz and CJ had the baja's out aswell
couple of close calls during the time we were there, CJ had a runaway with the baja at 1/2 throttle, cut across the reserve and hit a tree and a fence, no major damage but lucky it stopped where it did or main north road would have had an extra car for a while.
scozz and his brand new baja had a close call with the shelter pole missed it by millimeters lucky i got a photo so you can see how close it came.
both my cars now need repairs aswell as the wheel was ripped off the brushless.
and the front arm support on the nitro has dissapeared
all in all a good day out
i got 109 photos but only 71 made the final cut
heres a link to the album as its too many to put here
the one's i will put up here are as follows
scozz'z close call/ CJ's runaway damage/ and the brushless damage

to see the rest of the days photos that i got checkout this link
http://s6.photobucket.com/user/jafo13/library/11 5 13?sort=3&page=1

See less See more
#5 ·
scozz and snowball got some so id say its coming

#4 ·
I will come dont worry. I will just complain about it until I get there!

I am glad there were a couple of Bajas there. The next meet there will be heaps of them!

I went down to Aldinga beach and took the Baja for a spin with the sand paddles on, it was fun. But the clean up after was a pita, sand gets in every where!!

#9 ·
I used my Sony HDR-XR500. It has a 'smooth slow record' setting.

#11 ·
here are some pics straight out of the camera... got a few i want to run through photo shop aswell..

Attachments

#13 ·
CJ had a runaway with the baja at 1/2 throttle, cut across the reserve and hit a tree and a fence, no major damage but lucky it stopped where it did or main north road would have had an extra car for a while.

That's one reason I will never run a large scale car without a killswitch. They're cheap insurance against things like the above or worse.
Can you imagine a child being hit by 12kgs worth of screaming Baja if it's runaway?
$50 is nothing to prevent that sort of thing, plus you can't race at any LS club in Aus without one fitted anyway.

#15 ·
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Trunk Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

Ended up having to modify the baja battery box. I couldn't tell at a quick glance if the Rx was on... Problem solved, just plugs into a spare port on the Rx. Running at 2v 14mA.

#22 ·
#23 ·
Unfortunately I don't have a 3rd channel. I've also ordered a 'Y' connector and will run it off the steering channel and configure the dip switch. Then all I have to do is turn the remote off to kill it.

#31 ·
I'll wait for my kill switch to arrive before I take the baja to west lakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.