Took the Blitz for a bash today :)
    R/C Apprentice

Took the Blitz for a bash today :)

Well as the title says I took the blitz for a run today.
    Found a little skate park with a dirt track for bikes beside it. Dirt track was fun but it had small dead leaves everywhere so I was sliding and fish tailing everywhere. Fun but made it hard to have any control under power.

I was alone so I couldn't get any photos or videos

Only thing is that the stock "megabites" are starting to come off the rear a little bit.... Popping them back on I get 5-10mins before having to resist them again. Going to need to reglue.

I also see what everyone complains about the sloppy steering. Need to get the strc bell rank or the aluminium hpi one. Decisions decisions.

So where does everyone buy spare parts for these guys? I used to use (daves discount motors) DDM for my dedicated spot to get all things baja related.
    Where do you all browse/shop?

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    Well as the title says I took the blitz for a run today.
    Found a little skate park with a dirt track for bikes beside it. Dirt track was fun but it had small dead leaves everywhere so I was sliding and fish tailing everywhere. Fun but made it hard to have any control under power.

I was alone so I couldn't get any photos or videos

Only thing is that the stock "megabites" are starting to come off the rear a little bit.... Popping them back on I get 5-10mins before having to resist them again. Going to need to reglue.

I also see what everyone complains about the sloppy steering. Need to get the strc bell rank or the aluminium hpi one. Decisions decisions.

So where does everyone buy spare parts for these guys? I used to use (daves discount motors) DDM for my dedicated spot to get all things baja related.
    Where do you all browse/shop?

Hi mate, yeah I had the same trouble with the mega bites coming off aswell I had to reglue them properely. As to where I get my parts for the blitz ebay mainly, with ToadzRC and TheToyz my first stops for looking for something.

I replaced my Megabites for Trenchers for grip everywhere :P!

R/C Apprentice
    ill have to check out those sites cheers
    would you personally go the 25 dollar roughly strc steering bellcrank or fork out 65 for the hpi one??

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

ill have to check out those sites cheers
    would you personally go the 25 dollar roughly strc steering bellcrank or fork out 65 for the hpi one??
    Im in the same boat you mate haha im contemplating between the two, but im leaning towards the strc one because Im a basher and very rarely race....

R/C Apprentice
    yeah fair call.
    ive never raced. would like to have some fun at like a track day or something but i dont have enough time or weekends off to compete professionally

Shopping list so far is a
    strc bell crank
    New tyres (maybe proline trenchers all round mounted on beads, dont like glueing haha)
    reciever so i can use my 3PMX controller (maybe use the RTR one until it trashed ....)
    Maybe look at some aluminium shock towers (from the ESE)
    tuning device for the ESC to get the most out of it
    New steering servo

That list should see me for a bit
    (in my tower hobbies wish list waiting for the grant from the minister for war and finance)

yeah fair call.
    ive never raced. would like to have some fun at like a track day or something but i dont have enough time or weekends off to compete professionally

Shopping list so far is a
    strc bell crank
    New tyres (maybe proline trenchers all round mounted on beads, dont like glueing haha)
    reciever so i can use my 3PMX controller (maybe use the RTR one until it trashed ....)
    Maybe look at some aluminium shock towers (from the ESE)
    tuning device for the ESC to get the most out of it
    New steering servo

That list should see me for a bit
    (in my tower hobbies wish list waiting for the grant from the minister for war and finance)
    nice list there mate

yeah i've got Trenchers on beads and they look tough but add some weight...
    I wouldn't bother with the tuning device as just reading the manual and listening to the tones will get it done, I personally don't like aluminum shock towers, have a look at some STRC rear hub carriers with 0.5 degree toe with oversized bearings, they are 30 bux a bit pricey but increase durability in that area as well as bearing life.

I will most likely wait till my servo burns out and I've upgraded to the STRC bell crank before i get a decent servo because all that slop will limit the potential of the servo.. Im a fan of savox but they are power hungry :S