Australian RC Forums banner

Werks pro rc8t

18K views 110 replies 17 participants last post by  Sandman77 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Now i have officially gotten back into the hobby. this roller turned up yesterday. Took about 7 hours to fully check it over and get it to the stage of basically running just need fuel lines. (will get some fuel and lines tomorrow!)

Gearing atm is 13/54 as i cant fit any bigger size clutch bell on her. might have to get a smaller spur but it will be fine just for testing and a bit of bashing.

Ill let the pics do the talking.
BTW the roller came with about 3 sets of tyres and a few spares. so im pretty happy and all gears are in good nick :) needs a new body but it will do for now.

Sorry about the picture quality. One with body off was taken at night time with my iPhone.
cheers
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Engineering
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

See less See more
#5 ·
Baaaaaa, lol.
Seriously though, while I love my rc8t, I would have just kept the st1 with all the spares.

#8 ·
Nice pickup Bundy. Cant say i have ever been taken by the Truggy side of things (hope i never do cause that will take me beyond 7 vehicles!)

Good luck with the racing though and welcome back

#9 ·
Thanks man, at least you have something nice to say.
Can't wait to do a bit of testing before I actually hit the track again. I was going to run it today an buy fuel and fuel lines today from Toyworld but forgot shops aren't open on public holidays.
Btw I love truggies. So easy to handle and you can basically go anywhere with them and less crashes. Especially if you set them up right. They handle awesome.
Thanks

#13 ·
Nice, looks like a factory team edition?

Nothing wrong with rc8t, unless your super competitive it will be fine, I'm sure a rc8t.2 might be in the works

Hurry up n ditch the nitro and go brushless

#15 ·
Yeah but has the championship edition shock towers? Usually they would come with carbon fibre shocks if it was a factory team.
Need a front brace as I cut the other one off as I thought it didn't fit. Now that I think about it, it should fit haha
I think I'll stick with nitro, I like the sound and I got a good engine haha. Electric is a bit too expensive as I would have to sell stuff to buy the electrics And conversion. Don't think I would get enough.

#14 ·
They come from the same factory .. TT that owns Associated :) Really can't say that Associated is better then TT if you haven't really had experience with them in that case it would not reflect there whole range of other vehicles and that's basically the same for every other company out there.

#38 ·
Why the **** you have bring me in to this ransack keep you **** I will take action against you mate I haven't been on here for a while

Yeah Ranstacked, why you gotta bring him into it :) Hey Micky hows the serpents running and are you looking forward to the Rocky Cup?

#46 ·
Aaaaaaaaaanyway :car:
I didn't mean to be critical, just seemed like a car with heaps of spares was a better option than one without. But that said you obviously wanted an rc8t and you've got one, so good on ya man and good luck with it.
What was the condition like? I'm very surprised with the condition my nitro one is in, there's less slop in some bits than there is in my newer electric one, lol.
Taken it for a run yet? Need more pics and videos, lol.

#52 ·
Dammit, finished all our popcorn the other night lol anybody for a good read look at "(bm) parts 'n pipe" over on lsd

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1

#64 ·
1 of 4...pfft...I have more grand kids than that

Where is all the talk about the new truggy, 4 pages in and bugger all, lets get it back on track

#66 ·
Gave the truggy a run yesterday. Truggy is awesome and engine is running awesome! Doesn't even run hot.
Only problem I'm having is the gearing. I couldn't fit any larger than a 13t clutchbell. With 13/54 is way under geared for this engine and not fast enough as it rings out straight away.
Off to looks for a spur and maybe different size clutch bell. I have 15t an 18t here so maybe. 50tooth spur with a 15 tooth pinion what do you guys think?
Thanks

#70 ·
Yeah wonder if I could get one off a member here so I can get I quick. I was thinking 48 with the 13t? Cause by the looks there's not really much slide for the meshing. I don't want to go too small then it won't fit or vice versa. I reckon I would get away with 13/48 or 15 might fit I reckon

#71 ·
I was thinking try a 48 to 50t spur, and leave the 13t clutchbell as it is

You are around the right tooth count on the bell, but the spur sounds out a lot, most seem to run around a 3.5 or 4 to 1 ratio

Savage stock gearing was originally 14/47 and ran well
Hyper ran a 13/48 I think also ran pretty well out of the box

Many others run around this same count out of the box and don't need much more than an extra tooth on the clutch bell for the more open tracks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.