Australian RC Forums banner

Would you take a Paid Subscription if the Members Draw was started up again?

• Yes, I would become a paid member

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • No, I like it fine how it is

Votes: 9 45.0%

Welcome page needs cleaning up

7K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Godles 
#1 ·
Just had a look at the welcome page and it's showing the subscribers promotions from last year.
I think it needs to be cleaned up as it is false advertising, there are no promotions anymore and some new to the site may think there is a chance to win something. Which we all know is no longer the case.

#2 ·
Are you referring to the Home Page?

Yes it does need to be modified, and the subscriber draw removed or put back in play...but at this point, the Admins are still considering finding a replacement for the draw, or how to be able to continue the draw....please be patient, I am still trying to help the Admins find a way to get that back up and running....

How many do you reckon would start taking paid subscriptions again if the draw was re-introduced?

I guess we could take a poll or an expression of interest from the members and see how many would be keen to be involved.

I will try and put a poll on this thread

#3 ·
Poll added....have you say

Would you take a Paid Subscription if the members draw was reintroduced or are you happy with the current format

#4 ·
Waiting for LD's response. lol

I know what he will vote for.

#6 ·
Two people voted no?

Do they know that it's not compulsary to subscribe, just pay if you want to be in the draw.

#8 ·
Fair enough, did'nt see it that way. lol

#9 ·
Personally, I think anyone new to the site would know it is an old thread....If they read the comments / posts, this becomes clearly evident.

Nor can I see any false advertising...The thread merely mentions "subscribers draw".

Cheers,

Steve

#11 ·
Now there is a good call....Black Hoodies, I reckon they would be a good selling item

Little AUSRC on the front left hand side and a larger AUSRC across the back

Of course the sizes needed would have to range from small, medium large, and then the real man sizes, xl, xxl, xxxl and 4xl.

The mob that make the Turtle Racing and DDM Hoodies (GILDAN) have their sizing spot on, their sizes are perfect, unlike the sizes at K Mart, 2xl and 4xl are the same bloody size

I have the DDM, Turtle Racing and Losi Hoodies all in black and they are well made, reasonably priced and comfortable to wear

#16 ·
lol, i paid platinum when there wasn't a draw.

I'll definitely pay when there is a draw!!

#20 ·
AUSRC in big letters down one arm, Australias own R/C portal down the other arm in smaller print.

Both on left chest. AUSRC Austarlias own R/C potal

#22 ·
Canada is OK

here have been some good things come out of Canada...

Jim Walton Racing
Shania Twain
Niagara Falls (check spelling)
A couple of our members live there
Zippo used to have a factory there (I love Zippo Lighters, and collect them)
The Canadian Expo Ladies that were here in Brisbane for World Expo 88 (Oh La la....they were some of the nicest girls I have ever met)

We are still Aussie, we just have a new owner

#23 ·
The merch thing would have been good when Ausrc was actually Australia's RC portal, unfortunately it was talked about a lot over the years but nothing ever happened.

I probably sound very cynical but I am not going to pay money to this forum anymore given it makes money off our memberships as it is with their advertising, especially given they stated no ads for members and that turned out to be totally untrue. I paid for annual subscriptions since about 2008 to help Chris keep the place running, not for any prize draws and especially not to line Virtucon's coffers. When Chris introduced the draws in about 2012 it was a bonus and a great way to keep and encourage paid supporters but unfortunately I see no need to pay any money to the forum owners. I would rather see an RC club run a raffle instead, at least that way the funds go to a worthy cause.

#24 ·
how about throwing the nats banner up on the front page?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.