Australian RC Forums banner

Sydney's AARCMCC 1/5th Offroad Nationals 2013 - Registration Information

10K views 43 replies 13 participants last post by  Godles 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I know you have all been waiting patiently for news regarding the 2013 Nationals, I would like to officially announce they will be run from the 17th through to the 20th of October 2013.

This will be the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Classes 2wd Outlaw, 2wd Efra, 4wd Outlaw, 4wd AARCMCC

Thursday will be a practice day with the track being open for controlled practice for all classes.

Friday will be heats for all classes

Saturday will be any remaining heats along with the semi's

Sunday will be finals for all classes.

Sunday afternoon/evening there will be the trophy presentation followed by a dinner.

(There will be more information regarding the dinner at a later date)

The purpose of this thread is to get all competitors to nominate and register through the email to

sydneyoffroadlargescale@gmail.com

Please send your name, class, and vehicle information along with transponder numbers.

There will also be another thread relating to accommodation locations and onsite camping availability!

By registering for this event you are agreeing to the Rules and Bylaws of the Sydney Society of Model Engineers.
This is and will be an AARCMCC Sanctioned and hosted event.

Registration Fee $80.00 per class
Presentation Dinner Fee $20.00 per head - Catered Dinner / BYO Alcohol / soft drinks provided

We would like to thank the following,
Major Sponsors POWERSLIDE RACING and KING RC
Minor Sponsors Oneils Brothers Racing and Large Scale Down under

Note
This thread will continue to be updated so stay tuned, all questions are to be directed to myself of Scott aka Shortcut

Thank you

Dean Roworth
SSME-Section Leader

Update !!

We have a bank account sorted for SOLS, you can make your payments to the following account and our treasurer will keep a current updated list of participants, there won't be a slyfox page for this as we will be running Elaps.

SOLS

bsb 012-556
account number 188 985 904

When making your transfer please type your first and last name in the description box, this account has been specifically opened for this event so that way you deposit won't be missed.

See less See more
#34 · (Edited)
Not long at all to go now :) just finished rebuilding my car, now she's all ready to go ! So does the practices start on the Thursday or Friday?

Attachments

#36 ·
Boys I'm sorry that I haven't been able to get the list up on Ausrc .... I won't let me attach the PDF.
I have tried menu times, currently we have 55 entries I am expecting at least another 4 from within our club.
Hopefully a few more interstate guys haven't got their names in yet.

#37 ·
So what's on the Friday then?

#39 ·
Have a read of the first post, oh F'it here's cut and paste just for you....

Thursday will be a practice day with the track being open for controlled practice for all classes.

Friday will be heats for all classes

Saturday will be any remaining heats along with the semi's

Sunday will be finals for all classes.

Sunday afternoon/evening there will be the trophy presentation followed by a dinner.

#38 ·
Ok the format will be Thursday 12 noon to 3 pm open track for practice, only 10 cars at a time in 15 minute blocks so its not carnage.

People will be arriving at different times and getting themselves setup, the first part of the day is time to do that and it gives us time for a bit more prep time.
All competitors and visitors must sign in and complete the relevant paperwork for the event.

#40 ·
More important information below, please read and understand. !

Nationals Program and Participant information.

(Subject to change at any time by race control)

The model park will be manned from 7 AM each day,
Sydney Society of Model Engineers by laws must be adhered to at all times.
Copies are available on the SSME website and at race control.

There will be ,
No naked flame open fires in the Model Park during this 4 day event.
Any and all bbq's need to be gas or electric only!

Consumption of alcohol is not permitted prior to or when in control of a model.
The consumption of alcohol must always be in a responsible manner.
Drunken behaviour will not be accepted.

Failure to comply will result in you removal from the park and your disqualification from the event.

Competitors and support people that plan on camping in Model park must fill out a register so that the Model Park knows who is on-site at all times.

There will be 240 mains power provided to the pit areas.
Water is on hand at all times.
Male and Female toilets as well as a disabled toilet and shower are available for the entire weekend.
They must be respected by all that use them at a times.
In the event if any problems or blockages the event organisers need to be alerted ASAP.

Thursday 17th

Meet and greet, all participants to sign code of conduct and confirm details of registration.
Sign the visitors book!
Pay any outstanding monies,
Failure to pay race fees prior to event starting will result in you being excluded from the event.
This also applies for the presentation dinner, we have a record of who has paid.

Provide the below details

Name:
State:
Club:
Transponder:
Mobile:
Email:
Vehicle registration number:

Signed consent for any participants under the age of 16 years by a parent or guardian.

As with any RC event the participants will all be required to marshal the event following theirs.
If your unable to marshal a replacement must be arranged by you !!
Marshalling points will be allocated and numbered, filled in shoes and safety vests must be worn at all times when marshalling.
There will be yellow flags at each marshal point and they are to be raised in conjunction with an audible safety sound when a marshalling situation occurs.

This event will be run in accordance to the AARCMCC large scale off road rules v5.8.
They have been ratified by AARCMCC and all currently registered clubs have viewed and approved them well prior to this event being staged.

Questions can be directed to Dean Roworth AARCMCC section leader or Brad Davis AARCMCC President, both of whom will be at the event.

Track will be closed until midday..
From 12 noon the track will be open for controlled practice sessions only for approx 4 hours.

Cars will be in groups up to 10 in 15 minute blocks rotating through the list, refer to the entrants list and that's how it will cycle .. Watering of the track will occur when required in between groups.

The track can and will close and discretion of race control and the event managers.

Track closure time is not negotiable as we need time to groom and prepare for the following day.

Friday 18th track open from 9 to 12.00 controlled practice to be posted.
Lunch break for 45 minutes ..

1 pm .. Race director will take charge and heats will begin for all classes!
End of day at track closure grooming and maintenance will occur and the track is not to be driven on under any circumstances until
Race control
Permits it on the following day.

Saturday 19th
Heats directed by race control

Sunday 20th
Balance of heats and semi's followed by finals.

From 5 pm presentation of trophies to all classes, comments and thank you's from event manage followed by a dinner that has been fully catered for in the SSME dining room.
Pack up, clean up and departure if participants and support people.

Any questions please ask

Regards
Dean Roworth
SSME and AARCMCC Section Leader

#41 ·
Only 13 days to go boys, there's still time to register to race for those that are still considering it!!

Sorry I can't get the entrants sheet posted the forum isn't being nice to me!!

There's 56 entrants and it's looking very good !!!

Can't wait to see everyone there !!

#43 ·
So who from AusRC will be coming to see at least some of the racing?

We won't be racing but we're gonna trek it down to the track on Saturday for a couple of hours, it'll be good to put some faces to all these names!

#44 ·
Come on, there must be a few large scalers or at least guys in NSW who are interested in RC

who is still around

Stevo?
RCRoadTrain
Stephoon
Bruce
Nitrobusa (bit of a trek lol)

Come on NSW guys, even if you aren't racing lets see how many AusRC guys will be there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.