Australian RC Forums banner

Adelaide Monthly Meetup

279K views 2K replies 40 participants last post by  Phantom 
#1 · (Edited)
If anyone is interested in a monthly get together for AusRC members (though not limited to AusRC members) then post away.

If we could all post our preferences for Saturdays or Sundays and possibly what side of town you're from (whether it's the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or last weekend of each month probably doesn't matter for now) It'd be cool to hold these events at different tracks too at least until we all agree on the best for everyone I suppose.

I'll start.....I'm in the West and my preference is Sunday.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The next meetup will be......

TBA

Unsure of where this particular track is?.......use this thread.

#74 ·

or we could just park the cars around the back of the track im sure the council will understand
:D

#79 ·
went to semaphore park bmx track tonight for a bit of a bash
didnt get hassled by anyone only strange thing was an old guy videoing the car i didnt even know he was there till i drove the car up the big hill and nearly hit him lol
he didnt saty anything just filmed the car then walked away very strange.

anyway car was clean before i left after 2 tanks of fuel on a bone dry track full of dust this is what your car looks like after

then after 1/2hour of cleaning you get this

#91 ·
didnt get hassled by anyone only strange thing was an old guy videoing the car i didnt even know he was there till i drove the car up the big hill and nearly hit him lol
he didnt saty anything just filmed the car then walked away very strange.
Might be more of a problem though. He might be getting you guys on camera to take to council?

#80 ·
Love to get em dirty. Not so keen on the cleaning part.
Looks like there may be a spot of rain around sunday to keep the dust down a bit.

jafo , good to see i won't be the only nitro car on sunday :]

Whats that cleaner spray in the presure pack next to your car. Does it work ok on nitro fuel gunk... ? Been lookin for somthing to clean mine a bit better..

#83 ·
the spray is called lanox doesn't dissolve gaskets rubbers paint or anything like that and has lanolin to keep your perishable parts lubricated
only downside is dirt will stick to the car a bit more than normal but cleaning the thing after a run is part of the fun of rc cars.

ill have both cars there nitro and brushless.

#87 ·
if you still have your boat/boats bring it sunday run it on the pat i can supply a rescue vehicle if you need it ill just throw the kayak on the roof

#88 ·
I just use a compressor for cleaning. No residue left behind for more dust to stick to.

#90 ·
Windex and an air blower, don't know how recommended it is, ive never had an issue tho. I use to lube hinges and bearings after but I can't be bothered doing that much anymore. Found it attracted more dirt and just ended up with more cleaning. And I am fairly lazy.

#93 ·
Isn't it more unlawful to record someone without there expressed permission? Playing with a toy car on a bike track seem a little less illegal when compared to some weirdo, secretly recording someone playing with a toy car.

#98 ·
Pretty sure the same rule applies to video as it does to recording conversations.....The telecommunication act states that at least one party must be aware that the conversation is being recorded (if you are doing the recording, that pretty much takes care of that) the act hasn't kept up with technology, not to many people used to video record anything when it was written.

I was thinking the same thing though, if he hasnt tried to contact any of you guys and is just recording you when you run, he may be collecting video evidence to go to council to have a restriction placed on the use of RC cars at the park....would be typical of the way people operate these days...they move to an area that has a higher noise problem, then whinge to the council about it until they quiet the noise, instead of telling them to pull their head in, if people buy a house near a park, they are aware that noise is going to exist and have paid a lower price because of it, they should just have to put up with it or move somewhere more quiet

Around where I live, RC action is not allowed in any of the parks, nor are games of cricket, football, or large gatherings of people due to the noise that it makes....all the old farts in the area have complained to council until they banned everything....apparently they wanted the views of the park, and think the noises of people having fun is offensive....whinging bastards, they even had the kids play gyms and swings removed to stop parents taking their kids to the park, and removed all the lighting to make it hard for people to use it

#94 ·
Just saying it may be worth someone having a chat to the guy if you see him again.

Although for me, the guy filming people in a park without their knowledge is more of a problem than the RCs!!

#96 · (Edited)
Yeh some people need a life and he could of been collecting evidence. It would be nice if all the people that complained could just come and tell you why they don't like you doing whatever you are doing and ask you to stop. Unfortunately most people are not like this due to there own sour life experience. So attempting to address there issue in a calm adult and rational way with them is not always possible. That's when you run into there legs with your Rc. - only joking

#97 ·
What people dont realise with a hobby like RC, we are generally accommodating. There are not enough places around that allow RC that we will go the extra effort to make it work

#100 ·
There are no laws in this country to prohibit the filming or phorographing of anyone in a public space. Unless through the act of filming you are breaking other laws. If you are filmed breaking a law it can be used against you as evidence, even breaking a council by law, the council will use photographic or filmed evidence against you.

I had a neighbor provide the council with days and days of video tape of his own back yard for the sound, trying to prove my dog was a problem barker. Trouble was for the dumb **** there were 4 dogs with very similar bark characteristics and he could not tell the difference between them. Put a bark collar on my dog and proved his innocence, as he only contributed 1/8th of the total barks recorded on his tapes. He had really nice lawn out the front of his house, when he was away on holiday i went out at night and drew a giant **** and balls on it using roundup.

#101 ·
Serves himself right.

If you are smart enough to take something like that to the council, dont show how dumb you are by not setting up cameras on the front to ;)
I hope it was undiluted RDS :)

#103 ·
Hey Adelaide dudes, just an idea....

But perhaps when we have the Adelaide meets, we could bring RC items we would like to sell or trade!??

I might bring a plane or two too see if any one is interested.

Let me know what ya think.

#104 ·
sounds ok to me make it like a mini swap meet

#107 ·
Because it would be a way of posting items for sale with out the moderation approval process. Other for sale threads are in a que and have to be approved.

Plus Adelaide noobs could post stuff they want to sell but might not have the 40 post count.

Pete whats your thought on this?

#108 · (Edited)
I would think if you bring it on the day there shouldn't be a problem, least with the face to face you can get a feel for the seller. Also not too different if you have a passing comment in a thread, not part of sale section. About something surpluse you have and offer it to another member, outside the sales section, or vica-versa if you have mentioned that you need to get some items and someone may mention that they have it and no longer need it. Still happy to do what ever the mods decide, I don't have anything to sell anyway, I want to be buried with all my toys. :D

#113 ·
Unfortunately the diff has blown in that, otherwise I was going to have a high jump contest on a vert in the skate park,, see if I can take out a jumbo taking off, by next time it should be going and with even more speed.

#114 ·
Looks like im out now, my new esc died today i hardly even got to use it. I got five minutes out of it. Then tried to use it 2hrs later, it cogged and then smoked, the positive lead then unsoldered itself from the esc. Spewing. not sure whats going on. It was running on 3s with a 12T pinion in my SCTE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.