Australian RC Forums banner

Adelaide Monthly Meetup

279K views 2K replies 40 participants last post by  Phantom 
#1 · (Edited)
If anyone is interested in a monthly get together for AusRC members (though not limited to AusRC members) then post away.

If we could all post our preferences for Saturdays or Sundays and possibly what side of town you're from (whether it's the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or last weekend of each month probably doesn't matter for now) It'd be cool to hold these events at different tracks too at least until we all agree on the best for everyone I suppose.

I'll start.....I'm in the West and my preference is Sunday.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The next meetup will be......

TBA

Unsure of where this particular track is?.......use this thread.

#34 ·
I wouldn't mind meeting a few like minded people. I have a few cars, some are running and some need stuff fixed. Pleaded keep days updated with days etc.

Cheers Dave.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Tapatalk 2

#35 ·
Council Warning
Hey guys just a heads up, finally got my baja running and took it out to the old bmx track at semaphore park. After about 15mins there, a Port Adelaide Enfield council van pulled up and told me to leave. "No Motorised vehicles on the property allowed". I did "kindly" ask if the council have an area RC cars are allowed and he had to think about it before informing me, no.

Load. Of. Sht.

#37 ·
Yeah wtf?.....in the dozen or so times I've been to that particular track, I've seen more nitros and gassers than electrics there. I only vaguely remember a sign......I'll have to have another look the next time I'm goin passed.

This is something that we'll have to consider for these monthly meetups.

#39 ·
the sign i read there said nothing about motorized cars/ bikes ill be there tomorrow with my buggy if i get told to move ill ask to see the sign where it says no motorized vehicles.
if its not posted there im not moving

#41 · (Edited)
As. Long as its public land and your not trespassing the Worst that can happen is the cops come and try to slap a "disturbing the peace" fine on ya. Would have to be some sort of noise pollution law. They may try something along the lines of 'endangering public safety' both of these would be easily contested.

A knob in a council van doesn't really have the authority to do anything. Park rangers can give you a fine but don't think a council duche can.

Read up on your council by-laws and be prepared to list them off reasons there logic (and understanding of there career path) is flawed the next time they try to move you along. You. Still may not be allowed to stay and play after but it will entertain you while your arguing ;)

#42 ·
That reserve comes under the charles sturt council

http://www.charlessturt.sa.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/By-Laws_Register.pdf

It's only really relevant from page 19.

""Vehicle" means a motor vehicle, which includes a motor cycle"

What class of motor vehicle does an RC car (electric or nitro) come under?
I've searched for motor vehicle laws in SA, and the documents keep refering to registration and licenses.

#46 ·
"Vehicle" means a motor vehicle, which includes a motor cycle"
Well, a "vehicle" is something that is used to carry goods or passengers.....an RC car does neither of those things so I guess we're ok.

#50 · (Edited)
ill be bringing the
hong nor x1cr 1/8 nitro
and HBX brushless 1/10 Massive truck running s2 lipo 5000mah things a rocket
also have the original battery nimh 2000 a bit slower than the lipo lol(make that alot slower lol )

#54 ·
Just watched some videos on the "HBX brushless 1/10 Massive truck". They look like they like to roll over alot... The last thing you would want is more speed :)

#53 ·
sorry man cant do it have heaps of stuff to do tomorrow

#55 ·
Hi all just joined. I'd love to get in on this aswell my son and I have been going out on weekends to jump track on the corner of awoonga and lower north east rd. It's a fun place to get some big air. Going there today in an hr or so.

Very keen to meet up and bash with some like minded people. I have a 8ight / dex210
my son runs a sc10.

I live north east but i can travel that dosn't bother me...

#57 ·
welcome aboard good to see new faces
looks like we might have a few turning up
hope the weather is good on the day

#59 · (Edited)
Think running in sand is a fairly standard warning in a lot of Rc manuals, main cause would be it acts like sand paper and would be highly abrasive in all the moving components and like you say gears, it will be crushed in the teeth and cause wear or failure.

Deep soft sand can also put a lot of load on motors, might be a little of an out dated throw back from brushed motor days

#60 · (Edited)
Sky Daytime Nature Plant Tree

FYI - Here's a pic of the sign at the Semaphore Park BMX Track.

Photo taken 10mins before I hit a brick and snapped the RHS front upper suspension arm. A very short day on the track.

#62 ·
Hello gents... My 5 year old daughter has inadvertently got me fired up over RC fun, and I now have a Twin Hammers on layby.
[But I just read about a whole lot of TH breakages (apparently with minimum stress), so Im rethinking it and may end up going for a Traxxas Slash instead.
Dunno yet]

Im in Adelaide (Magill way), and although I dont have a car atm, I would like to come & meet, and see you guys smashing it :becky:

#64 ·
Welcome mate. Where are you getting your layby from?

Any car from Traxxas will be a good buy for you!

Come along to the first meet up, I think there should be a good turn out! Plus you'll get to see a wide variety of cars and work out what you could potentially buy!

#66 · (Edited)
Thanks LD. The TH layby is from Modelflight.

I like the idea of rock crawling etc, but as the days tick over, Im warming more and more to a Traxxas Slash, big time...they seem to be bullet proof, fast, and good on ruff stuff.

Be good to see ya'll in action this weekend. What day & location was decided?

Cheers Roger, I appreciate it. All this from a tiny rc helicopter. Im well and truly on the way to a healthy obsessive rc habit.
Get a ticket man...come on down!

#67 ·
Sunday 12noon at the West Beach BMX track. Which is behind the Airport and behind the Skate Park.

Model Flight is a great shop and Brad the manager there is very helpful. I have noticed they are now selling some traxxas cars, but I haven't seen the slash. Hobby Habit sell the slash but I would personally buy it from over seas as you'll get it a bit cheaper. Places like Tower Hobbies is where I'd recommend and infact where I bought my Slash from.

Or you could buy one off ebay or here on the forum when one comes up!

#68 ·
Great, thanks LD...
Yeah they're nice people there. Modelflight doesnt have the Traxxas Slash atm unfortunately. That would make my day if they did.
Tower Hobbies is where I ended up today as well. They've got the lot huh

#69 ·
you can also use the easy pay option from tower hobbies which will allow you to pay for ur purchase over a 3 month period and as soon as you order and make the first payment the item is sent!!!
I used it for my radio. If you join up with them they will give you saving codes that will more than likley cover your postage and then some. E.G - If I spend $400 - $500 I will get $100 off.

#73 ·
I thought I'd just give a little reminder and a warning about this weekends meetup at West Beach.....there is a large body of water quite close to the track.

Now, I've never had any problems with runaways personaly, but I'm sure some of us have. So, make sure you have your failsafes in order or bring another set of dry clothes. Or better yet, one of those net things for fishing :eyebrows:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.