Australian RC Forums banner

Adelaide Monthly Meetup

279K views 2K replies 40 participants last post by  Phantom 
#1 · (Edited)
If anyone is interested in a monthly get together for AusRC members (though not limited to AusRC members) then post away.

If we could all post our preferences for Saturdays or Sundays and possibly what side of town you're from (whether it's the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or last weekend of each month probably doesn't matter for now) It'd be cool to hold these events at different tracks too at least until we all agree on the best for everyone I suppose.

I'll start.....I'm in the West and my preference is Sunday.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The next meetup will be......

TBA

Unsure of where this particular track is?.......use this thread.

#2 ·
VB, I have made this thread a Sticky so it is easy to find for you and the other SA members that are interested

Hope it takes off for you guys

#9 ·
Oh ok cheers, can you edit the thread title to remove the "expressions of interest" part then?.....hehe....we're getting good levels of interest already :D

Is Mitchel Park still an option or is it being rebuilt? We could do a hobby habit meet on a sunday?? just a suggestion. Its usually pretty quiet.
MP is being revamped this weekend apparently, and HH is always an option but these tracks might be a bit small for what could be a large group with various scales.....CJ with the 1/5th might struggle.

#7 · (Edited)
Crashing planks is my trick. Might have to one up ya with a heli crash LD lol. I'm in for a bash got a few up and running to smash up. Always more fun in a crowd. Sundays are pretty good for me too (depending has messy saturday gets)

Sounds like an awesome idea tho.

#4 ·
im also in the west sunday sounds good

#13 ·
See what you've started Roger? ;)

Hobby Habit will make a good contingency plan; if we're ever in trouble of cancelling due to weather we can always fall back on HH.

Shall we get things rolling and start with next Sunday the 21st at West Beach?.....which would be the third sunday of the month.

#15 ·
The BMX track, yeah......everyone knows where that is right?.....people can visit the track guide thread if they're unsure :)

I have a few types of cameras to choose from now.....looking forward to getting some good shots :D

#20 ·
Hey guys would love to meet up, im on south side of town usually work weekends but will make it where possible. Have a 1/10 short course. Waiting on new esc and motor combo so will be out of action till that arrives. Not sure if i can mae the 21st yet but will if i can. Great idea

#21 ·
west beach sounds good was there Sunday
21st will work for me
as for the mega jumps count me out on that don't want to kill the car just yet lol
but will run it in the skate park on smaller stuff
wouldn't mind trying the half pipe and see what happens

#22 ·
I guess we can aim to arrive somewhere around lunch time?......so people can have a bit of a Sunday sleep in :p

A shame you end up working weekends so much Froggy.....do you get public holidays off?

#28 ·
Thread Title Edited

Hope this takes off, it would be good to see one of these in every State

Cheers

#33 ·
Damn, I'll be working the day shifts on that weekend and won't finish until 4:30pm - Gotta love the cinema industry. Hopefully I can make it to the next meetup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.