Australian RC Forums banner

Getting back into the hobby!

12K views 54 replies 14 participants last post by  henrydp 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm sure you would all remember me. i was looking to get back into the hobby and came across this awesome deal! Its a thunder tiger pro kit with a werks 7 port .21 race engine. As you can see in the pics has a lot of stuff including the dx3r and starter box. Alot of spares!
The guy has upgraded the shocks to rc8t big bore shocks. Plenty of stuff for me to get back into the hobby.
ill let the pics do the talking.
Matt
Hood Electronic instrument Motor vehicle Office equipment Automotive design
Trunk Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Motorcycle
Electrical wiring Computer Gas Automotive lighting Technology
Toy Office equipment Engineering Computer hardware Motor vehicle
Font Toy Rectangle Electronic component Plastic
Automotive design Motor vehicle Audio equipment Automotive air manifold Electronic component
Electrical wiring Electronic device Electrical supply Technology Input device
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Circuit component Electrical wiring Computer hardware Electronic engineering Electronic component
Automotive fuel system Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle
Liquid Bottle Bottle cap Paint Cosmetics

See less See more
#8 ·
No haha
I just hope the dx3r is in good nick and nothing wrong with it. i rang him and He said there isn't and by the looks of it it's not very old with still original packaging so I'm sure it's all good.

#3 ·
I believe ya. Where'd you find it? Pretty sweet deal by the look of it. Does everything work and in good condition?

#7 ·
Yeah man only thing wrong with it is it needs a steering servo and we all know how little hassle that is. He said radio works fine everything!
Found it on gumtree. I was a bit hesitant but this guy is genuine. Dx3r and starter box would set ya back about $500 so I belie I went alright especially with the werks engine. And from what I've heard thundertigers are fairly beastly haha

#14 ·
Is that a st1? If it is, chances are I'll have one from mt4/st4

But u will have to wait

#15 ·
yeah its the st-1 pro kit. you got one? probably easier if i had the whole wing mount if you have it? as im not sure what is broken untill i get it. i have a feeling since there is a piece that mounts the body then mounts the wing it could be just the first part that has snapped that bolts to the rear brace. ill get a pic of what i think i need.

its either this part i need or the rest of the wing haha
Gun accessory Font Auto part Gun barrel Automotive exterior

that part mounts the body then theres another part that bolts to this and mounts the wing. not sure if its the same with your mt4/st4 robb??

#16 ·
Get a pic, but can u wait 4 the part, if not just buy it

#17 ·
Yeah I'll get ya a pic probably Wednesday when it turns up.
Well even if I bought it I would probably have to wait 2 weeks anyways so if you have it ill wait for you to come back.
Hey robb a question. Isn't thunder tiger owned by team associated? Cause they have the spiral cut diffs like an rc8t. I do love spiral cut diffs. Pretty much impossible to strip. Hopefully this guy has shimmed them good lol.
This truggy by the looks seems to be a top end basher but also a fairly good race truggy! That's what I like about it. It's raceable but also very tough for bashing!

#19 ·
Yes thunder tiger owns associated, and the diff gears are the same, spiral gears should work fine

#20 ·
I thought it was the other way around.

Bundy, you're obsessed with spiral cut gears. I have only ever stripped 2 pinion and 1 crown gears for a diff in all my 1/8 bashing...

Sent from my HUAWEI U9510 using Tapatalk 2

#26 ·
Ace ds1015 are a awesome servo, make that st1 brushless, u know u want to 😜

#29 ·
Yeah I think the ace servo as I said above is screwed. And he said he put a ****ty servo in the steering. So basically I need to find 2 cheap digital servos. Any ideas?

And yeah that's the broken one. Ill order the parts I need when I know what's broken or if robb has the parts

#31 ·
Maybe try a savox servo

#35 ·
Ill most likely put a ****y servo in just to test the engine. Maybe give it a quick run around the back yard and that's it.
Then After run oil in the engine to look after it and then the car will get stripped down to check everything. Maybe redo the diff oils if I feel like it but probably won't be run untill I get a good throttle servo.

#42 ·
Selling already, u really shouldn't tell us how much u paid 4 it all

#44 ·
What are u getting?

#55 ·
Hi, Bundy. Saw your thread on the ST-1 and wondering if you might be over your brushless fetish and want back into an ST-1. I have a very similar setup for sale if you're interested. Search Ad ID 1049809668 on Gumtree.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.