Australian RC Forums banner

RC8-MT "monster truggy" project

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  schmarkoDave 
#1 ·
So while in the process of rebuilding my nitro rc8t I bought a bunch of spare parts and there's enough there that I've decided to build a 3rd rc8t.
This will be my basher and will be what I'm calling a rc8-mt, a monster truck rc8t.
It'll get the os30vg in it for now and just use the old analogue servos that came with the truggy. I'll chuck monster truck wheels and body on it, some bumpers etc and just bash the crap out of it basically.
The main parts I need are a chassis, shocks and wheel hexes. For shocks I'm probably gunna use some cheapy gpm ones from asiatees, and I'm not sure about chassis yet. I'm still tossing up whether to give my electric a tekno conversion, thus freeing up a chassis, or just find another second hand chassis somewhere. Anyone got one they wanna get rid of?
Anyway, as the Brisbane bash has become a regular thing I'm thinking I will concentrate on getting this going before the racer (I'm really enjoying my electric racer anyway at the moment), so should have some progress soon enough. Shall post some pics as soon as I have some progress to photograph, lol.
Anywho, was just throwing my idea out there. Stay posted for the build ;)
Cheers
Dave

See less See more
#3 ·
Will do man. I've bought some before for an on road car, they looked pretty good, but I never got to use them. I'm also interested to see how they hold up to bashing. A friend of mine has some gpm shocks on his Baja and they seem to he holding up pretty well.
Don't suppose you have a spare chassis at all?

#4 ·
Picked up a chassis for this today, can't go wrong with a free chassis, got some other bits and pieces you can see in the pickie as well, mostly those are spares for the race car, but the chassis hubs and steering posts are for this project. Once I get a screw kit for this car I should be able to put most of it together.

Cheers
Dave

#5 ·
nice, are they the sc8 shock towers u will be using?

#6 ·
They're actually old carbon rc8t shock towers. But I'll keep them as spares for my nitro racer, and ill be using the rtr towers that came with all the spares. Not sure if they're steel or alloy but they'll do the job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.