Australian RC Forums banner

Australian - Nitro engine tuner(s)

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Mr.Leopard 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

Does any one know of a reliable nitro engine tuner here in Oz ?

I'd like to get some porting done and what ever else may be suggested on the Traxxas 3.3.

Any thoughts appreciated
Al

#4 ·
Nitro Addicts Australia, Mark is probably the best engine bloke in Australia & one of the top modifiers in the world, I run his Godzilla .21 engine & its crazy, probably to much power for a buggy,lol, but its great. He was employed by GO Engines as some sort of manager at one stage & had one of their engines built to his specs then he adds his own custom work, one of these in a Traxxas though would destroy it, the Traxxas that is, not the engine, Traxxas gears wouldn't hold up.
You could find out about mods to the 3.3 & with the right parts & better quality parts it would be ok but your better off with a better engine.
There is an aftermarket rod & crank available for the 3.3 but I'm not sure where to get them now, think it was a U.K company that done the rods.

#5 ·
Agree that an engine upgrade is an easier way to increase your power. if you were racing and are limited to a certain engine or displacement then the engine mods would be worthwhile.

Slightly off topic but have you considered converting to brushless/lipo for a massive power increase?

#6 ·
Buy a dremel, do some homework and have a crack at it....

Its not hard mate all you need is abit of common sense and a steady hand is a bonus

I started porting my own engines and I still do, not so much nitro anymore but the gassers

I had and still have a thunder tiger pro 21bxr that would make my savage do backflips in every gear and at any speed with a stupidly low gear ratio

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.