Australian RC Forums banner

What is this?

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  truckzilla355 
#1 ·
Bought a few old Onroad cars from a garage sale a while back, and I have finally gotten around to checking them out, out of all of them, this is the only one I can't identify, it weighs quite a bit, and I can't see any markings on it at all.

The center shafts are quite thick and look to be made of some sort of plastic, but arn't the normal dog bone style.

Any help would be appreciated.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

See less See more
#9 ·
That top brace looks HSP to me. They love the anodized blue as well

#11 ·
I think Kimsbored is on the right path here, it certainly does look similar...

This is the Ofna Pirate 10

Here is some more pics of the rig.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Engineering
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Blue Motor vehicle
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper
Motor vehicle Hood Blue Automotive exterior Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Bumper Gas Electric blue Automotive tire Auto part
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Toy
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

So to find the tourer derivative.... By all accounts it looks the same, (besides the suspension and arms etc, clearly because they are different makes tourer vs buggy...) going off the steering center dog bone thing, two different levels in the top deck, fuel tank and radio tray/battery holder.

#12 ·
There is plenty of info out there about the buggy and the monster truck, but there is close to bugger all about the TC. It is defiantly Onfa/Hobao circa 1996ísh, nice find and nice classic there for sure.

#13 ·
I have searched and searched and cant find anything on this car... If anyone could shed some extra light on it that would be great! Its a solid car, and if its rare I dont want to pull it apart as it runs and drives no dramas... I would like to sell it to someone who loves the older classic rarer cars.

#14 ·
You can still get parts for the monster truck from the onfa website and the arms look the same as what is on the hobao gpx4. I did a ton of googeling and i cannot find any info at all on the TC, not even a picture. So my guess is that it is a TC conversion of a Buggy and possibly used for something like GT racing, where it is still common to use a buggy chassis for an on road application.

As for who to ask about further details about it. Start with the ONFA forums and then if that does not lead you anywhere, send Bob Stormer @ Stormer Hobbies in the US an email, he is a really nice guy and a mountain of information about vintage RC cars.

#16 · (Edited)
Bought a few old Onroad cars from a garage sale a while back, and I have finally gotten around to checking them out, out of all of them, this is the only one I can't identify, it weighs quite a bit, and I can't see any markings on it at all.

The center shafts are quite thick and look to be made of some sort of plastic, but arn't the normal dog bone style.

Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 20906 View attachment 20914
This should be a Hobao Pirate 10 touring car. they did make a 200mm wide pirate 10 TC as well as the buggy and a widebody on road (240mm wide). Parts will be hard to find though unless if you get onto some new old stock or get onto Hobao in Taiwan... These are made in the late 1990s but not sure whether if they sold many of these as the majority are buggies...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.