Australian RC Forums banner

Can not tune my BV1

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Pro.28Avenger 
#1 ·
Im very new to nitro engines and i am having a hell of a time with my BV1 its a force 15 nitro motor in it but for the life of me i can not get it tuned, it starts and idles perfectly but every time i give it a hand full it stalls, i have played with the low end needle and it gets off the mark nicely with plenty of go, i can slowly reach somewhere near top speed if i ease it up there but if i power on out of a corner it will stall or if i am rolling along and give it to it it will stall ? there is plenty of blue smoke so i thought it was just getting too much fuel but if i lean the high speed needle it doesnt seem to help the problem, i know there is a wealth of info on various forums but none of it seems to help and its driving me crazy, the pinch test lasts for a shade over four seconds which is in the ballpark ? could it be thgat the motor is getting tired ? is this a symptom of a ruined motor ?

cheers.

#2 ·
Could be many things, what are your fuel and pressure line like? If there is a pin hole it can cause symptoms like you describe. Also glow plug condition, exhaust gaskit, slightly blocked HSN, over rich LSN and lean HSN the list goes on. Try find what the factory tune is for both needles and reset it and go from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.