Australian RC Forums banner

Your Favourite Music Clips

32K views 150 replies 22 participants last post by  GTOJOE 
#1 ·
I have heard a few people saying that there should be a Music Thread....So here it is guys, share your tastes

The thread will be stuck so it should be easy to find

Cheers
Pete

#2 ·
Let me start with one of my all time favourites....Love this track

#3 ·
Dont know what it is about this track but something drags me back to it time and time again

#6 ·
You're Welcome, I have seen others say they would like a thread for music, I must admit, I will enjoy it as much as anyone, I love my music, which is handy when you consider I had a DJ business for 30+ years

I really have had a charmed life, I have been able to spend the majority of my working life in my 2 greatest passions, Music and RC

#5 ·
I am seeing a trend here in my music taste...I think I like Metallica....

And I definately like the female featured in this song....Marianne Faithful, got to meet her many years ago when she played in Brisbane....

This is some of her work

Here she is with a rare moment sharing the stage with David Bowie

And the song that started her career written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards

I wont post the link to this one...but if you want to hear vengeful....look up the last track on her Broken English Album...Be Warned, It is Graphic and not suitable for Young Ears, so turn the volume down

#7 ·
LOL Guess what ??? I used to be a DJ too in country Vic doing clubs & pubs scene...Yes my tastes of music is similar to yours Pete...

#10 ·
Speaking of Bright Lights...

And a song that always cheers me up...

a song from the early days that used to have me bopping about....dont know why, I just liked it..

I had a little crush on Belinda Carlisle in the 80's...

and of course....Joan Jett...

And of course.....Wendy James...oh la la....but then who didnt back then....

#11 ·
I got to hang with these guys a little also, really great bunch of guys...music was great too....

some others I really liked back then.......check out the fashion from back them...and the kids today think they are original....fat chance....

Even some of the names were rather unique...

Didnt seem to matter that most of their voices would later be really annoying, cause no one noticed back then...

but there were some real talents back then as well, not just eye candy...this guy had just broken away from his original band Tubeway Army....

And these guys were also just starting out...

and there were the gimmicky ones like these guys....

and these guys that came up with a song that still gets requests some 30 years on...

#12 ·
Then there were some more serious bands about, setting down some tracks that should and would last a lifetime, songs that would stand strong through decades....this link should take you to the entire album....turn down the lights, turn up the sound and sit back, this one is worth a listen from start to finish....

The guys disappeared into oblivion with no reason why, they should have been around much longer but for whatever reason, they are goneeee.....

I know a few guys that have worked with these guys and always been too embarrassed to admit it, well I admit it, I worked with them, and I am proud of my time with them, I always put in 110% with my work, why wouldnt I be proud...most of the guys from this group were really great guys.....

I had licked this next band for more years than I care to admit to, and in the early 2000's I had the priveledge of working with them, although they had a name change, the songs still flowed as sweet and took me back to a time I remember so fondly...
The song I have picked is a tribute to very well known musicians, whose lives was tragically taken from us at far to early a time....Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin..

On the same tour, another of my many likes from the early days, and as usual, he lived up to his reputation....His stage show...OUTSTANDING.....if you ever have the chance to see him live, head on down, be warned, Do Not Wear a T Shirt with the Name of another band on it....as one of the crowd found out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OUugQoxS8_o

Same tour...this was a big show, a heap of bands over 3 days at each venue, definately a dream job....

The Main Attraction, and definately worth the admission price if they had been the only band onstage, and one of my all time favourites....this was the second time I had seen these guys live, but the first time I had been given the opportunity to work with them....what an awesome place to call work....backstage with....the one...the only....you wanted the best....you got the best....this track is from their early days, when the original line up was still together...

#13 ·
Growing Old is mandatory...Growing up is Optional....guess you could say, I chose the later..

#16 ·
I watched a recording of the Go Go's made in 2010 at Rockafella PLazza today...OMG, they are Hot and in their 50's...yummy

#19 ·
A little bit about Steel Panther.....

STEEL PANTHER is the hottest band out of Hollywood since Motley Crue, Guns N’ Roses and Poison ruled the Sunset Strip. Arriving in 2009 with debut album Feel The Steel – hailed by Kerrang! magazine as “close to perfect” – Steel Panther has won a legion of fans across the world. And now the band is aiming even higher with second album Balls Out. Released worldwide through Universal Music on November 1, 2011, Balls Out is another masterpiece of kick-ass rock and roll.

These boys are like a rebel party band, their look is somewhat similar to bands of the 80's like Poison, Def Leppard, Motley Crew, they seem to be a pretty easy going group, allowing women to jump up on stage and perform along with them...

Here are a couple of covers the band have done...the first by a band called Journey...not an easy song to cover, esspecially with it being such a well known song...

If these guys come out to here I reckon I might be the oldest dude in the crowd but who cares, I think they would put on a good show...

They seem to have picked all the party songs to cover as well, from Poison to journey and Rose Tattoo...

even a little bit of Warrant's Cheery Pie...

I dont know how they pulled it off, but they have even had Tommy Thayer (lead Guitarist from Kiss) Jam with them onstage...

#23 ·
How could you go wrong with Lemmy (Motorhead) featuring with you

#22 ·

for metallica fans out there, incase u havent heard of them

i dont mind these guys, some different instruments. Strings mixed with rock!

#24 ·

Wow....a rare clip of "Flowers" before they were forced to change their name to "Icehouse" Sister was my favourite from that album, here is a Countdown video of the band from 1981

#25 ·
Back in my very early years of DJing....it was songs like these that were the top requests..

#30 ·
Wahlberg first came to fame as the younger brother of Donnie Wahlberg of the successful 1980s and 1990s boy band New Kids on the Block. Mark, at age thirteen, had been one of the group's original members, along with Donnie, Danny Wood, Jordan Knight, and Jonathan Knight. However, he soon quit. It was his departure that eventually allowed Joe McIntyre to take his place as the fifth member of the group.
Wahlberg began recording as Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, earning a hit with "Good Vibrations" from the album Music for the People. The record was produced by brother Donnie and later hit No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100, later becoming certified as a platinum single. The second single, "Wildside", peaked at No. 5 on Billboards Hot Singles Sales chart and at No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.[17] It was certified as a gold single. Marky Mark opened for the New Kids on the Block during their last tour. The second Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch LP, You Gotta Believe, was not as successful as the prior, yielding only a minor hit single in the title track. Wahlberg later collaborated with the late reggae/ragga singer Prince Ital Joe on the album Life in the Streets. The project combined rap and ragga vocals with strong eurodance music (as in the singles Happy People, German No. 1 hit United, Life in the Streets, and Babylon) courtesy of Frank Peterson and Alex Christensen as producers.
He was also featured in the Black Label Society music video for "Counterfeit God", as a stand-in for the band's bassist.[18]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.