Australian RC Forums banner

Swash problems on new Trex- 450

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Mr.Leopard 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just finished building a trex 450 that I picked up. Fitted it out with HK electronics and finished it off with a DX6i. Anyways, my issue is that when I push the stick to the right, the helicopter bears forward, when I push it down it bears right etc. Is there any way I can fix this swash mix issue on the radio? I am fairly sure all the servos in the right spot.

Cheers,
Cale

#2 ·
You need to tell the radio that it's a 3 servo , 120 deg swash, if you haven't already..

then see if the swash goes up/down , staying level, with throttle movement..
If it doesn't , reverse whichever servo is different to the other two....

Then check swash goes up with throttle stick going up, if not , in "swashmix" menu , change pitch from +60 to -60
if it leans left when you give a right stick command , change "AIL " from +60 to -60....
if it leans back when you command forward , change "ELEV" from +60 to -60.....

#3 ·
Ahh thanks very much Pete! managed to get the back/forth and yaw going the right way, next problem is that the blades are pushing the air upwards instead of downwards! all my settings on the radio have been taken from a few different setting guides that I looked through. As I throttle up, the whole swash moves up, is that supposed to be the case? or is this backwards? The blades ARE spinning in the right direction as well :p

#4 ·
Some helis raise the swash plate to give positive pitch , some lower it .. It's been a long time since I had a 450, but if the blades are going to negative pitch( angling down) as the swash lifts up, then my setup advice above is wrong!!!!

I prob should have said ...
" if the main blades don't increase positive pitch as you raise the throttle, then change , in "swashmix" menu , change pitch from +60 to -60 (or -60 to +60)..

That help ??? LOL

#7 ·
Happens with hk bits

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.