Australian RC Forums banner

SSME - Large scale track design - "IDEAS PLEASE"

24K views 183 replies 26 participants last post by  in rod we trust 
#1 ·
Ok,

After a bit of work I have created a scale drawing on illustrator of our track.

The traffic direction is anti clockwise and you can see where the tabletop is, the three tight turns are bermed corners and work very well.
Luckily we have scored a little bit more land at the bottom are and the grey line indicates the new fence line approximately.
I need to go and measure it accurately but you get the idea, I'm after a few ideas on how to change the bottom section of the track and mix things up a bit.

I figure I'll throw the ideas out to all for a look and would appreciate constructive ideas, I'm thinking the bottom berm will go hard down into the bottom corner and we work from there!!

Thanks

Dean

Attachments

#5 ·
Well the main straight will still be it, we are setting race control up in a new shed at the top section.
A new loop will be going in once we resurface the whole track!

#13 ·
quite interesting on the design above and would be pretty good

maybe a peice of ply about half a metre high right on the last corner down the bottom to stop people driving off but no berm, just flat

#15 ·

Basic extension of existing shape

Similar to first one

A bit adventurous with a bridge

All of them will get the existing track and tabletop enlarged and resurfaced,
On the first two it needs a smaller tabletop on the uphill straight into the hairpin or a rythem section of sorts.
The bridge would be steel frames and meshed so as not to hold dirt or water.

Come on boys throw some ideas out there !!

#23 ·
Picture 3 looks the goods Deano, also come nationals we will have a track that's challenging but also fun and amusing to watch.
Also a track we can set a standard to for all future nationals

#25 ·
Okay Saturday is a working bee boys, all hands on deck so we can setout a d start cutting.
The bobcat has to return to its rightful owner so it's now or never!!!

I know it's late notice but we are the only ones that will do it !!!

Utes and trailers needed fir soil transport or a small truck if anyone gas access to one !!

#29 ·
Matty,

That's exactly what I've been thinking, it evens out the amount of left and right turns more.
I'm gonna do a proper scale drawing off the original and in conjunction with the site measurements I've taken.
Kev has a point but if we set the bridge at more of a 45 degree crossover a d it's a little more flowing we shouldn't have any issues with vision.
The return lane coming back up the hill towards the drivers will be dead inline with the centre of the drivers stand so there are no vision problems seeing your car coming at you.
The bridge will be configured just like a table top do you can go hard or soft at it!
I have to get drawing ASAP !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.