Australian RC Forums banner

SSME - Large scale track design - "IDEAS PLEASE"

24K views 183 replies 26 participants last post by  in rod we trust 
#1 ·
Ok,

After a bit of work I have created a scale drawing on illustrator of our track.

The traffic direction is anti clockwise and you can see where the tabletop is, the three tight turns are bermed corners and work very well.
Luckily we have scored a little bit more land at the bottom are and the grey line indicates the new fence line approximately.
I need to go and measure it accurately but you get the idea, I'm after a few ideas on how to change the bottom section of the track and mix things up a bit.

I figure I'll throw the ideas out to all for a look and would appreciate constructive ideas, I'm thinking the bottom berm will go hard down into the bottom corner and we work from there!!

Thanks

Dean

Attachments

#161 ·
Hey guys, back from the dead!

I see SSME has given a bit more land and the new track ideas look great! I'm keen as to come back out for a run again, I've have been talking to Deano now and then about coming back, last open day looks like you guys need boats rather then cars! Hopefully it stays dry for next open day, will be great to catch up with a few old faces and meet some of the new crowd!

Cheers guys

#163 ·
Thanks for the tip off Scott, but what was wrong with this forum, SOLS had been on here for ages... did something or someone get too complicated ??

Oh and interesting domain name :rolleyes:

#173 ·
Yes, that might be right Dan... but lsd is already very popular, so i don't think that was necessary.... so what's next Losi.

#176 ·
i thought people are free to go to what ever forum they like..people will go to where they feel comfortable, and treated fair..

its just ashame there are so many bloody forum's and most clubs have there own.

we need one aussie forum for largescaler's , racer's basher's etc..share info and swap ideas.. and be free to express what you want ..

the presidents and comitte of all these clubs needs to come together for the good of the hobby, and its club and members to all be on one forum..

make it happen you blokes from all the clubs

#180 ·
This is something i considered at one time.I have a server and the bandwidth to host something like that and costs would be minimal to clubs, something like $20 a year if every club across all aspects of RC cars planes boats, the lot came on board. Each club could have its own website allocation as well as sections within a global forum. The trouble is, i do not have the time to market the idea and bring everyone on board, or the hundreds of man hours to set it all up server side and adding forum categories, or dealing with asshats like yourself who like to cause trouble or be controversial just for the sake of it every opportunity they can.

Could i turn it into a profit making venture and make a job out of it? Maybe, but even then it would return less than the $60k a year i currently earn and more likely take more time than the 30 hours a week i work as it is. So there is not a whole lot of incentive to put the time and effort into doing this. If you got 100 clubs on board you would only be making 2K a year less sever costs of a couple of hundred, so you would want to be turning millions pf page impressions per month as well of lots of click throughs to get any kind of return out of advertising.

#177 ·
One forum for all clubs will never happen, because there will always be differing points of view at different times....it would mean a total committment to allowing everyone their say with no reprisals and no backlash if someone doesnt agree, and I honestly cant ever see that happening....maybe if all the clubs were almalgamted it would work, but again, unlikely to ever happen

#182 · (Edited by Moderator)
franco nobodys trying to "starve" any forum of any info ... you can post anytime you want on ols to keep them informed of the nationals etc. so can psr or anymember of ssme committe..

i would lke to see all racing clubs on one forum sure, better have all on one page then on 10 pages, and as i know it will never happen.. personaly i would like to see them all back here where it all started..

i'd be happy to see them all on ols if that's what it will take to get all on the same page to share info , racing tips, club tips track tips etc..the way it is now we have to go to all the different forums to keep all informed about it..and like ols you get people complaining that there is no info flowing thru to keep people informed.

#184 · (Edited by Moderator)
And again Ambro has ruined a thread with a long long post which has no meaning to the title of the thread.
Moderators please remove Ambros post and this one as well.

Thank you
just realised i posted it in the wrong thread..

does have some merit in this thread as well i guess as they think that nobodys keeping them informed about the nationals on ols

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.