Australian RC Forums banner

Durango Truggy DNX408T Sex on Wheels :p

7K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  mickieboy 
#1 ·
Only just discovered this truggy, was released a while ago, but I hadn't seen it before.
*cue Jeremy Clarkson voice* this could quite possibly be the most beautiful truggy...in the world.

Lol. Here's the site
http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/dnx408t/
After having a look at this thing all I can think is that I want one, badly. It has to (in my opinion) be one of, if not the, best looking truggies I have ever seen.
I am actually considering buying one down the track a bit so I can have a nitro and electric truggy.
So anyway, we've established that I like the looks of this truggy (can't help if I'm a bit over the top about it, there's just something that really appeals to me about this car), so now I want to know what others think on this particular model and on Team Durango as a manufacturer on the whole. I've been reading good things about it, but wanna know if any of my fellow Aussies have experience with Durango and what the quality is like, durability, parts support etc.

Anyway cheers guys, sorry for my over exuberant enthusiasm, lol.
Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Dave

See less See more
#2 ·
And for the bad news....

Apparently, Venom are no longer going to be distributing these, I have no idea why or when they will cease, or what they are going to do with their current stock, but the rumor is that the Distributorship will be going overseas.

That IMO is going to make these models a PITA to work with

#4 ·
Damn hay. Might have to get it to be a shelf queen then, lol.

#5 ·
Is it just me or do truggy's look like someone stood on them? lol

It looks like it has all the good stuff on it.

#6 ·
Haha no its not just you, they definitely look like someone stepped on them just behind the cab, some are worse than others. I think this is probably one of the best bodies. Funny thing is with most of them, if you have a look at what the line of sight would be like out the windscreen if it were a full size vehicle that a person could get in, you wouldn't be able to see where you're going at all.
Kinda scary for a vehicle with a power to weight ratio of 1:2 hp:kg

#11 ·
They are a very nice Truggy ,they handle well and turn like a buggy , Much better than my MBX6T was
So far it has proven to be a very tough truck ,except for clutch bells i have chewed a few of them
Venom never stocked the truggy or parts for it ,so no big loss with them

#14 ·
That's good to hear. How did you find parts pricing to be compared to other models?
I'm thinking one might well be on the cards in the future :D
You're the guy selling one on rctech and eBay right?

#16 ·
Fair enough, haven't hit anything hard enough yet hay? Lol
What do you think about the venom electric conversion? Is it all right, or not anything impressive?

#17 ·
The venom conversion is ok , about mid range on quality
I had to drill a new hole to fit the battery plate ,and had to shim the centre diff housing up 2mm to get a motor on
I have sent my nitro cartwheeling Down the track a few times and launched over some big jumps at our track , but no head ons with poles or anything yet

#18 ·
Haha yeah, at the moment I still seem to be making every mistake possible, that results in the destruction of a race car, lol. I'll definitely wait til I can drive properly before I get another truggy.
I'm still tossing up whether I want two e truggies or an e truggy and a nitro truggy. I do miss the scream of a nitro, just not some of the other things, lol.
I've read that the venom conversions were about average. I reckon if I did convert one I might make my own conversion using bits from assorted kits (i like the tekno engine mount), see what I can come up with.

#20 ·
My plan was to have one of each , but have been enjoying nitro so much lately that I haven't finished the conversion
I think if it doen't sell on ebay I will keep it and finish it off,will also be good to have it for spares when I go to the QLD titles at Mackay

#21 ·
Fair enough, I'd buy it if I had the money, unfortunately I don't. Realistically I should get another rc8t but I'm afraid I'd always have 1 and a bit truggies, rather than 2 whole truggies cos I'd butcher parts from it and forget to order replacements, lol.
Although two different models is far less sensible at least I could never butcher parts from one for the other, lol.
Plus I just love the design of the Durango, lol.

#23 ·
Really? Why's that? Just don't like the look of it or is it not real strong?

#25 ·
Fair enough, each to their own I guess. I actually really like the look of the Durango body, think its one of the better looking truggy bodies. But as I said everyone has a different opinion, that's just mine, lol.
Did you buy them as new kits or second hand? If new, where did you buy them?

#27 ·
The Serpent body took a few more hits tho lol
I bought my Nitro new , Look on facebook for competition RC not sure if he has any more
The E conversion one I bought second hand with very little use from a local

Will see you at Mackay mickie

#32 ·
Dave, that truggy def looks good. I have two e truggy's and a nitro truggy, not the best idea as you can't drive both a club, that's why I got a buggy, one e truggy has to go. No shelf queens here, either drive them or sell them. Each to their own though.

Will end up with e truggy and nitro buggy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.