Australian RC Forums banner

~Video~ Losi 8ight issue

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  towie964 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Was having a ball down the track when I noticed a "grinding like" sound on acceleration :(

I have attached a vid (running rich I know) for you to see & hear what my concerns are.

[video]http://s1084.beta.photobucket.com/user/mrfiik/media/LosieightT_zps05c7908b.mp4.html[/video]

I have checked it over & cant noticeably see any damage to gears etc.. which makes me think its the front diff ??

Appreciate the help :)

#2 ·
Rear diff most likely , pull it apart to be sure id check and shim he front too,common with losi truggys,
You will need new ring gear and pinion gear ,
You can see in be vid the rear wheels don't throw dirt but the fronts do ,indicating its the rear diff

#4 ·
Would also be worth checking the centre diff, I doubt it is the problem, but doesnt hurt to check and change the oil in it just the same

#6 ·
Not sure who else is carrying Losi Parts these days but OZ-RC at Geebung (Northside) are still a Losi stockist, and I think Wayne at Aussie Hobbies (Southside - Coopers Plains?) may also stock Losi parts, but not sure if he does much in 1/8 scale, you could try ringing both tomorow morning and see if either have any stock of the parts you are after, I know they are both open on Saturday Mornings

You might also like to stock up on some fresh Diff Oils, over time, the oil absorbs dirt and debris and becomes less useful, changing out the old oil and replacing with fresh oil can make a big difference to how the model behaves and responds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.