Australian RC Forums banner

Traxxas Nitro Slash

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  eldorko 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I want a traxxas nitro slash.

anyone found them in Aus yet I can only find them on Tower Hobbies.

I'm really new to this and am quite excited to get into it.

#6 · (Edited)
That's what it's all about mate, If ya keen on the Slash also it's worth checking out the Team Associated SC10GT overall IMO it would be a better truck hey..

As for where to buy them Towerhobbies and AmainHobbies are both good, But if your new it can be a good idea to get it from a LHS that way if you have any problems they can help you out..

Nitro is a hassle-louder more expensive slower and more matinence than brushless....Any reason why you want nitro as your first rc it will be a pain and you will hate it if you don't maintain it
Each to there own hey, I find Nitro to be a lot more fun than electric stuff..

#5 ·
Nitro is a hassle-louder more expensive slower and more matinence than brushless....Any reason why you want nitro as your first rc it will be a pain and you will hate it if you don't maintain it

#7 ·
It's his first rc and I have an EB4 S3 so I'm not an uninformed hater people like this need a good reliable first rc so they keep in the hobby you don't want them to have a bad experience and be scared away if he has a LHS near him then nito would be ok but the facts are electric is quieter, cleaner, more efficent, less matinence than nitro. If I was to ever buy a fuel powered rc again, it would be a Gasser.

#10 ·
thanks for advice

after watching the trouble people have with the nitro and the sheer loudness of them I have decided the base model traxxas slash electric is a better option for me first.

Otherwise as stated above I will grow to hate it.

I'm in northern Tasmania so the price that the local hobby shops charge is double of tower I understand overheads but I just cant justify it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.