Olive green smoke packets...different taste ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65
  1. #41
    R/C Apprentice rcroadtrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    11
    I recon they still use the same tobacco, we have all just been hypnotised.

    It's Psycomalogical!
    I thought people were imagining it too, but mine IS different.
    The last 10-20 pouches of drum L-blue were all solidly filled, I had to pull apart the huge wad of tobacco before I could roll it; it was moist too. this new pouch is ...fluffy.., and dry to the touch, thicker, coarser slash.
    I still have some of the old bakky, and did back-to-back taste tests.. it burns different..

    Years ago I discussed the differences of tobacco products with a guy on the CB radio (his handle was 'Smokestack') that belonged to a 'pipe club'. They got together weekly to discuss the virtues of one tobacco over another, pipe design etc.
    He explained to me the differences regarding how not just the blend, but the dryness, burn temperature, tar and nicotine content, curing principles, even the temperature of storage affected not just the taste, but where in the mouth the smoke 'dropped out'..think: top of the tongue, back of the throat, etc.. those guys really got into it in a big way.

    This new tobaco drops 'early', burns hotter too, and has a totally different aroma. Its a different product to the 'old' product.

    A lot of things can be put down to imagination, but not all of them at once.
    real trucks bend in the middle, better trucks bend more than once...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements
     

  3. #42
    Senior Moderator
    towie964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brisvegas AYE!!
    Posts
    9,488
    Rep Power
    10
    Dont know if I commented on the new flavour...

    The Govt have forced the companies to remove the Phosphorus from cigarettes ( the chemical that made them burn faster and stay light) this will have an effect on th flavour.
    Also the new smokes are not allowed to mention a brand name and must all be shelled in the new approved paper, which also has a distict flavour, as well as the new ink for the branding...each brand and variance has a specific number, and that is all that they are allowed to place on them, numbers like A126, which signifies the brand and strength.

    The removal of Phosphorus while changing the taste, is a good thing health wise, as it removes a harmful chemical, and also helps in the burnproof theory, prevention of fire because the tobacco ceases to burn much quicker without Phosphorus, so less chance of a fire caused by a lit cigarette.

    On a side note...one of my customers finds the images gross and distasteful, he doesnt allow his kids to play graphic video games, nor view graphic or horrible movies, he has scanned the image from his old smoke packet, and printed it in scale and color, and applies the label to every packet, this hides the graphic images that would ordinarily be visible on the packet...I guess it is his right to censor what his kids see.

    While his kids know he smokes, he doesnt smoke in the car, in the house or around his kids, he has a garden gazebo and that is where he goes to have a cigarette, the kids are not allowed in there when he is smoking either.




    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    Baja...Because Size Matters!

    Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

  4. #43
    R/C Apprentice rcroadtrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    11
    funny you should mention the smoke not staying lit.. Im finding that too..
    Unsure about the paper, I'm still using tallyhos that I bought before the change.. no branding, no ink....
    real trucks bend in the middle, better trucks bend more than once...

  5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements
     

  6. #44
    R/C Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    9
    Anything in excessive quantities is not good for you, smoking and drinking included.

    One significant difference between smoking and drinking is that a glass of wine each night will have no long term health effects. A cigarette each night will have long term health effects.
    You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

  7. #45
    Senior Moderator
    towie964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brisvegas AYE!!
    Posts
    9,488
    Rep Power
    10
    Actually, that statement is not entirely correct, although close....The Heart Rehab clinic have an alcohol guide for best practice with Alcohol, this is based on their extensive research, although this is what they recommend for Heart Patients, it is also what is recommended for everyone for a healthy life.

    No more than 2 standard drinks per day
    No more than 2 days in a row
    At least 2 consecutive days Alcohol Free per week
    No Banking up drinks....refer to rule 1, in other words, you can be alcohol free for 6 days and then drink all your weeks booze in one go

    Many people only drink one night per week and think because they have 6 days free, the damage done by drinking only one night will not hurt them....in fact it is even more damaging to consume alcohol this way




    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    Baja...Because Size Matters!

    Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

  8. #46
    R/C Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    9
    Your right Towie I should have written something like most days rather than every day.
    You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

  9. #47
    R/C Apprentice rcroadtrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    11
    and
    "a cigarette every day MIGHT be bad for your health."

    I met a Moari woman over in NZ who was 102 years old, who smoked rollies for pretty much most of her life; she still got through a pouch in a fortnight.
    on the other hand, she was up at 4:30 every morning to bring the cows in for milking.

    Health has got a lot to do with the rest of your lifestyle.

    get off your chair and move around, you'll live longer.
    real trucks bend in the middle, better trucks bend more than once...

  10. #48
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,201
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't see any difference with the fire retardant smokes compared to original...yes when they did come out they went out in between drags....now they virtually burn half the smoke if not almost all of it and then go out

    They do take longer to smoke though....quickest smoke I ever had was 4 seconds flat start to finish....my labourer still remembers it....'' you sucked the **** out of that smoke '' haha n they where the old ones....reason being I don't smoke aroundmy old man as he hates the smell even though he was a smoker of 2 packs a day or he just winges so I can give up and I was working with him at the time and it was my only chance to have a smoke inbetween smoko and lunch lol

    Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

  11. #49
    Senior Moderator
    towie964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brisvegas AYE!!
    Posts
    9,488
    Rep Power
    10
    Yeah..I think that is the key...it doesnt matter if you do everything right, eating, drinking smoking right, if you dont get off your ass, and sit on the puter all day,

    Todays kids are the ones I feel sorry for, many are already obese and in trouble without realizing it....when I was in Hospital, there was a 23 year old in for a triple bypass, only mere months ago he was a picture of health, but after chatting with him a couple of times, I discovered, he was a dungeon master until 16, when his then girlfriend broke up with him and moved onto another boy.
    The other boy was fit and strong, and he was pudgy and weak...so he turned his life around....no more macca's, started running and going to the gym, and within 2 years was looking Buff....he was so proud of himself he had to show his ex just how good he looked now, she to was amazed.

    Now only a few years later, his skin is grey, he has no energy, his heart is shagged....16 years from birth to when he finally got off his ass, he sat around eating crap, not exercising, and scoffing sugar loaded drinks, and has permanently damaged his body beyong repair

    The doctors successfully performed the triple bypass on him, but also gave him a maximum of 5 or so years to live, his body is shot, he has coronary artery disease and his internal organs are like that of an 80 year old, if he doesnt follow a strict regime of exercise, controlled eating and drugs to control his rampant diabetes, kidney disease, liver failure, pancreas failure and more, he wont even last the 5 years

    In an effort to give our kids everything we didnt have as kids, we have ruined our kids and the generations to come, many of them have no idea about nutrition or healthy life choices, most dont get anywhere near the exercise or sleep that they should, and many are into fad and crash diets.

    They take performance enhancing shakes and powders to help put of weight on or to sculpt their bodies rather than use the traditional methods of continued training and hard work. They spend their time on Facebook and twitter or playing computer games instead of developing their people skills by actually meeting and interacting with each other, so in many cases have no skills for dealing with confrontation or conflict resolution and the other necessary life skills to progress through their lives as normal well balanced human beings....
    Depression is up
    Self Control down
    Self Promotion Up
    Humility down
    Conceited Up
    Humanity Down
    Greed Up
    Charity Down

    Guilty as charged...

    I have spoiled my kids in much the same way... I grew up with sparse personal belongings, and at age 15 I could get my entire life into a small suitcase, that was my toys, tools, clothes and all my worldly possessions, I could pack and be gone from one place to another in under an hour.....

    I didnt want my kids to suffer the same fate....but now I wonder...what have we done to our kids, they glorify possessions but not friends, they work to get stuff but not to be proud of their achievement, all those facebook friends dont mean a thing if at the end of your life, you die alone behind a computer screen




    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    Baja...Because Size Matters!

    Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

  12. #50
    AUSRC Legend PC WIZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lost in the bush
    Posts
    5,389
    Rep Power
    16
    Fitness has a lot to do with how smoking affects me. I ride my bike about 50Km's a day, not bad for a thirty year 51 year old smoker. I don't get shortness of breath because i'm using my lungs in a healthy way each day.

    Mind you I did have a health scare recently but I'm fine now. I bounce back pretty quickly.
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

  13. #51
    R/C God schmarkoDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,135
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by towie964 View Post
    Yeah..I think that is the key...it doesnt matter if you do everything right, eating, drinking smoking right, if you dont get off your ass, and sit on the puter all day,

    Todays kids are the ones I feel sorry for, many are already obese and in trouble without realizing it....when I was in Hospital, there was a 23 year old in for a triple bypass, only mere months ago he was a picture of health, but after chatting with him a couple of times, I discovered, he was a dungeon master until 16, when his then girlfriend broke up with him and moved onto another boy.
    The other boy was fit and strong, and he was pudgy and weak...so he turned his life around....no more macca's, started running and going to the gym, and within 2 years was looking Buff....he was so proud of himself he had to show his ex just how good he looked now, she to was amazed.

    Now only a few years later, his skin is grey, he has no energy, his heart is shagged....16 years from birth to when he finally got off his ass, he sat around eating crap, not exercising, and scoffing sugar loaded drinks, and has permanently damaged his body beyong repair

    The doctors successfully performed the triple bypass on him, but also gave him a maximum of 5 or so years to live, his body is shot, he has coronary artery disease and his internal organs are like that of an 80 year old, if he doesnt follow a strict regime of exercise, controlled eating and drugs to control his rampant diabetes, kidney disease, liver failure, pancreas failure and more, he wont even last the 5 years

    In an effort to give our kids everything we didnt have as kids, we have ruined our kids and the generations to come, many of them have no idea about nutrition or healthy life choices, most dont get anywhere near the exercise or sleep that they should, and many are into fad and crash diets.

    They take performance enhancing shakes and powders to help put of weight on or to sculpt their bodies rather than use the traditional methods of continued training and hard work. They spend their time on Facebook and twitter or playing computer games instead of developing their people skills by actually meeting and interacting with each other, so in many cases have no skills for dealing with confrontation or conflict resolution and the other necessary life skills to progress through their lives as normal well balanced human beings....
    Depression is up
    Self Control down
    Self Promotion Up
    Humility down
    Conceited Up
    Humanity Down
    Greed Up
    Charity Down

    Guilty as charged...

    I have spoiled my kids in much the same way... I grew up with sparse personal belongings, and at age 15 I could get my entire life into a small suitcase, that was my toys, tools, clothes and all my worldly possessions, I could pack and be gone from one place to another in under an hour.....

    I didnt want my kids to suffer the same fate....but now I wonder...what have we done to our kids, they glorify possessions but not friends, they work to get stuff but not to be proud of their achievement, all those facebook friends dont mean a thing if at the end of your life, you die alone behind a computer screen
    Too true mate, way too true.
    I've never been a massive gamer, but I was not a very active child either, although I worked with my dad a lot and we had a massive property so I would go ride bikes and play etc.. Luckily I ate relatively well so haven't rooted my body just yet, but I can see myself that I need to get out and get some exercise. I had a pretty shocking year last year with my eating, gained almost 10kg, (although I was probably too skinny to begin with) and I've been eating better this year and can feel the benefit of it. Generally speaking if I eat junk now I feel like I've eaten junk, just doesn't feel good.
    This is one of the main reasons I want to get out racing and bashing too. It's a chance to get out of the house, get some fresh air and meet with like minded people for a day of good fun. And I think that's one of the best things you can do for your health.
    President and Race Director - Pine Hills Dirt Racing aka PHDR and BDR
    RC8T FT nitro - Picco Boost 5TR .28
    Kyosho MP9 TKI - Go GXII-5RHO Reds R5TTE
    3racing Sakura XI Sport - speed passion reventon R, GForce 10.5

  14. #52
    R/C Apprentice rcroadtrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    11
    I sat on my arse too long, lost the power in my legs..
    So, found some guys who go r/c 4wd'ing down some local bush tracks... once a week, in amongst really, really dense bush, the fresh air is really good: lots of oxygen. its not like running/jogging, but its up'n'down with a few steep bits, water crossings,.. and an hour or two of continuous moving, albeit at a slow pace. rockcrawlers are not fast vehicles.
    after a few weeks I felt lots better. stopped wheezing too.
    looking forward to the next one...
    real trucks bend in the middle, better trucks bend more than once...

  15. #53
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,201
    Rep Power
    0
    Ya know this thread makes me feel like I want to quit smoking after your last comment Pete

    As a kid I didn't have much...actually I got my first computer when I was 14 or so and didn't get internet until probably a year after...even then I still rode my bike every day without fail....with my neighbour....we'd ride for hours through canals and all sorts of stuff we discovered even though we were in the city

    I still rode my bike n was smoking at the same time but ever since getting my licence for the past 4 years exercise hasn't been as much as before but was still doing 70 to 80 hours a week worth of commercial fitouts and till 6 months ago I really felt it hard when I lost my licence and got back on a bike....thank god I have a motorised pushy orelse I'd be screwed and when it breaks down and I'm nowhere near from home I am screwed !

    Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

  16. #54
    R/C Apprentice froggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    9
    Towie your posts are usually pretty good and well thought out, But to say smoking doesn't effect others is just ignorant and plain wrong. If you cannot understand why non smokers dislike the smell i find that really sad and would hate to think of all the people you have ignorantly smoked next to. I find it disgusting when people smoke near me or kids. You wanna smoke, do it somewhere where your not affecting others.

  17. #55
    Senior Moderator
    towie964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brisvegas AYE!!
    Posts
    9,488
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    Towie your posts are usually pretty good and well thought out, But to say smoking doesn't effect others is just ignorant and plain wrong. If you cannot understand why non smokers dislike the smell i find that really sad and would hate to think of all the people you have ignorantly smoked next to. I find it disgusting when people smoke near me or kids. You wanna smoke, do it somewhere where your not affecting others.
    I am not saying smoking doesnt smell, I am defending my right to perform a legal activity, I am not proud that I smoke, nor do I encourage others to take it up. I dont smoke around other people generally, but in saying that, I dont put it out if other people choose to join me while I am having a cigarette, I assume they are educated enough to make a well informed decision to stand near me while I am smoking, and assume they are well aware of any risk and that cigarette smoke does smell, and even then, if I see the smoke drifting towards them, I generally try to move away so that the smoke is blowing the opposite way.

    I dont see that as ignorant or arrogant.




    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    Baja...Because Size Matters!

    Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

  18. #56
    R/C Apprentice froggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by towie964 View Post
    What about all the other bad habits that are just as self destructive...at least smokers only hurt themselves...ever had to scape a smoker off the road after he ploughed his car into a bus load of kids....I have had to scrape up drinkers that have...no less self destructive, but you dont see the Govt throwing taxes at booze to the same degree that they do smokes...I have never seen a smoker go off the rails and King Hit someone in a public place because of a smoke fuelled rage either, but they dont force alcohol companies to Plain Package Booze, and I have never seen a guy come home after a smoke and beat the crap out of his wife, but I can show you dozens of battered women and children that have been emotionally destroyed by Booze related violence living in refuges and shelters as a result of alcohol abuse...it is all about the money, nothing more
    ..at least smokers only hurt themselves
    This was the bit I took issue with. Saying that it doesnt hurt anyone else in my opinion is ignorant.
    I have no issue if someone is smoking first and someone comes to join them thats their choice. What I have issues with is people who take their cigarette into toilets or smoke around their kids. The choice is then taken away, kids are too young to know any better.

  19. #57
    R/C Apprentice froggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by towie964 View Post
    I like the people that comment on the smell.....and it makes me wonder what is wrong with their noses.....
    Serious? It bloody stinks and so does the other stuff you mentioned, but that is not the topic. You say you don't smoke around others and other people say oh buy I don't smoke around my kids, but I bet you or they don't change clothes, wash hair or clean breath before you/they see someone again. The smell is almost worse than the smoke itself.

    Having said all that I have never smoked one in my life so I don't know what it's like from a smokers perspective but from mine it's my single biggest hate and annoyance in life. Only my uncle smokes in my extended family which is unusual but most do in my wife's family, so I've had to deal with that close up. I can tell you which of the collective groups has more health issues.
    As I said before its all about choice I don't care if people want to smoke, but don't take my choice away not too.

  20. #58
    R/C God Dr freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,032
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rcroadtrain View Post
    I thought people were imagining it too, but mine IS different.
    The last 10-20 pouches of drum L-blue were all solidly filled, I had to pull apart the huge wad of tobacco before I could roll it; it was moist too. this new pouch is ...fluffy.., and dry to the touch, thicker, coarser slash.
    I still have some of the old bakky, and did back-to-back taste tests.. it burns different.. .
    Mate of mine smokes rollys like yerself & is saying the exact same thing re taste. Couple of weeks ago he also pulled out the old stuff & compared it to the new for us to see ourselves. I def can say what you said, it was much more dryer than the older stuff to touch.

  21. #59
    R/C Novice Ropey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    7
    i honestly cant tell, but if they do tatse worse, and tbh i cant see the tobacco companies doing that unless forced lol, is it such a bad thing, help with giving up

  22. #60
    Senior Moderator
    zoomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia - VIC
    Posts
    6,575
    Rep Power
    10
    isn't moisture content dependant on how its been stored?

    eg cigars in a humidor vs kept out of their tubes, the dry stuff burns a heap faster


    highly likely all the 'green' stock has been mfg'd a while back & warehoused
    so all outlets would have enough stock on Day 1; then they've been
    clearing fresher non-green stocks up until the last sale day.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. First taste of country life
    By PC WIZ in forum General Talk - Non R/C
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-04-2012, 07:46 PM
  2. Did anyone buy a green ss 5b of ebay?
    By lump_a_charcoal in forum HPI Baja
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 10:59 PM
  3. Simple Green
    By Daniel.308 in forum General Talk - R/C
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 09:47 AM
  4. SIMPLE GREEN ! :O
    By lst2freak in forum General Talk - R/C
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 06:57 PM
  5. Simple green
    By Rumage in forum Monster Truck - Nitro 1/8 Scale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 11:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •