Australian RC Forums banner

Australian Off Road Large Scale Championships 2012

24K views 75 replies 25 participants last post by  DDM 
#1 · (Edited)
Great racing event!

Thank you to all sponsors King RC, Aussie Hobbies, OZRC and DanielsPitstop.

Special thanks to;

All intestate and local competitors – without you this event would not be possible.

Troy - the person behind the scene and microphone.

Les – photos

Steve (Dirty Dog Media) – Video

QORLS Committee and Members

Shawn -Direct Hire

Rok RC -for suppling fuel bottles.

Dean Roworth - for his passion for the hobby and help withthe event

Brad Davis AARCMACC – Race director - Brad’s comments;(QORLS is the worst club he has ever directed at) his comment have been taken as constructive criticism and it will be used to better our club in the future.

Congratulations to Our Australia champions;

Matthew Van Gilst QLD - 2wd EFRA - Elcon MMX

Darren Olson QLD - 4wd AARCMCC - MCD V-4

Tony Nettleton QLD -4wd outlaw - DPS Toxic

Julian Fulton-Boot NSW -2wd outlaw - HPI Baja 5b

This event was the first large scale off road Championshipsin Australia.

It will be used as experience for next events to come.

Please feel free to comment on your experience. Your feedbeck will only improve our future events and make out hobby more enjoyable.

Video will be available very soon. If you would like a video of the Championships please contact (kris@alekconstructions.com.au) formore info.

Photos are available now – please contact QORLS photographer– Les ab550406@bigpond.com

Thank you
QORLS

See less See more
#66 ·
If anyone doesnt know you can download youtube videos using realplayer ....the best for clips you never want to lose that are awesome !

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

#67 ·
Or use PWN Youtube http://deturl.com/

Either type pwn in front of the url and you'll get prompted at what quality video to download, or even easier under Download Tools, click to add the book marklet. Then any YouTube video you can click on the bookmark / favourite and will give you download option.

Remember though, you tube applies it's own compression, so the Resolution may be the same, the bitrate will be lower, but still very good.

#68 ·
Ok, its done ! :high5:

I am finally all finished, Ill try and get the works to the Production company this week for mass production (well, small run production anyway, lol)

I want to get a one off copy made first, to make sure im happy with the print quality, if its all good, then i will order the rest. ;)

Below is what we came up with for disc design, (i want to try and get the text on the discs in clear, that way they will be mirror/disc colour instead of the white as pictured)

#76 ·
Its finally for sale !

ITS OUT NOW!

Yes thats right, after waaaay too much time, and endless hurdles, the 1st ever Australian 1/5th Scale Off Road RC Championships DVD, is available for sale through Daniels Pit Stop right NOW !

For those that don't know, or can't remember, this is a Twin DVD set, filmed over 2 days out at the QORLS RC car track at Belmont, the first disc (approx 1 hour) is the feature, and is a incite into the world of owning and racing large scale RC cars.

The second disc (approx 2 hours) has the footage we collected from our 2 cameras during the finals, it has footage from all four finals on the one disc.

With help and advice from Peter at Daniels Pit Stop (DPS), we have managed to keep the price as affordable and a fair as we can for everyone, with this in mind, DPS will be selling the 2 DVD set for $24.95 with FREE Postage in Australia.

A small percentage of money from each DVD sold through DPS, will be donated to QORLS.

Here is a shortcut to the buy page......
BUY DVDhttp://www.danielspitstop.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=169&Itemid=131

If the link does not work for you, please head to... DanielsPitstop.com.au,
On the left had side of the home page you will see ...Product Categories,
At the bottom of the product categories list , you will see ...National Championship DVD

Cheers
Steve
ps. sorry it took so long

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.