Australian Off Road Large Scale Championships 2012 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    R/C Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman77 View Post
    Cover looks great mate, but should it have a year on it maybe?
    Thanks guys,

If you mean to put 2012 on the front ? i can see where you are coming from, but labeled 2012, would make the DVD 12 months old "before" its even released.

Its kind of like buying a car i guess, once its 2013, you dont want something labelled last years model, even if its only a month old.

The Title as it stands (no date), it will remain true and accurate for ever, as it will always be the "first" aarcmcc aussie 1/5th off rd RC champs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Looks the goods to me Steve.
    HPI 5b Harm BX-3
    Thunder Tiger ST-1
    Erevo VXL Savage Flux

R/C Guru
    How about Downloadable Content?
    Or released on Blue Ray

DVD resolution is 720x540 or around that, the video you put on you tube is at 720P res which is 1280×720.
    I'd love to get a copy in the higher res and not the downscaled resolution of DVD format...

BTW, the sample you uploaded looks and sounds great, well done!

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Striffy View Post
    How about Downloadable Content?
    Or released on Blue Ray

DVD resolution is 720x540 or around that, the video you put on you tube is at 720P res which is 1280×720.
    I'd love to get a copy in the higher res and not the downscaled resolution of DVD format...

BTW, the sample you uploaded looks and sounds great, well done!
    Thanks mate !

I am very glad you are aware of the resolution, but i can't promise you anything right now, and yes DVD quality is much less than what the footage is recorded in, unfortunatly (as you obviously know) that is just the way a "DVD" is recorded, a DVD is what we promised, and so this is what we will stick with for now.

Also, we need to compress the 2 hrs of finals on to "one" disc, so this requires further compression, but i am told it is still within normal limits of DVD burning.

Now, all that said, it did cross my mind to offer people the option of even better quality footage, but to be honest thats as far as i got ,i don't know how many people would want to spend extra for a blue ray type version, and im not 100% sure of all the logistics involved.

I really need to get the "DVD"s all done and "available", before even thinking of looking at any other format, and im exhausted from this project, ive continued to add to my work load, by adding more and more to try and make sure people will be happy (eg, now 2 discs = 3hrs), this of course puts the project more and more behind schedule.

In the end, Ill see just how many sell, and what feedback i get from the DVD, if the result is good i might look into what you suggest, if the result is bad, well, no point making higher quality copies of something that people don't want.

So while im not saying never, im going to finish what i said i would do, then im having a rest and spend some time with the family.

R/C Guru
    No worries. Hope it works out!
    Cheers

Banned

If anyone doesnt know you can download youtube videos using realplayer ....the best for clips you never want to lose that are awesome !

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

R/C Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Leopard View Post
    If anyone doesnt know you can download youtube videos using realplayer ....the best for clips you never want to lose that are awesome !

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
    Or use PWN Youtube http://deturl.com/

Either type pwn in front of the url and you'll get prompted at what quality video to download, or even easier under Download Tools, click to add the book marklet. Then any YouTube video you can click on the bookmark / favourite and will give you download option.

Remember though, you tube applies it's own compression, so the Resolution may be the same, the bitrate will be lower, but still very good.

R/C Newbie
    Ok, its done !

I am finally all finished, Ill try and get the works to the Production company this week for mass production (well, small run production anyway, lol)

I want to get a one off copy made first, to make sure im happy with the print quality, if its all good, then i will order the rest.

Below is what we came up with for disc design, (i want to try and get the text on the discs in clear, that way they will be mirror/disc colour instead of the white as pictured)

R/C God

Central Coast [email protected]#ken AYE!!
    Well done mate...Top work..

I cant wait to get my hands on this..
    " Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe. "
    Albert Einstein
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Yep as Kev has said top work Steve. Cant wait mate.
    HPI 5b Harm BX-3
    Thunder Tiger ST-1
    Erevo VXL Savage Flux

I was in contact with Steve (DDM) and we should be seeing this video in the next couple of weeks.
    HPI 5b Harm BX-3
    Thunder Tiger ST-1
    Erevo VXL Savage Flux

R/C Novice
    How to order????

Quote Originally Posted by fatgal65 View Post
    How to order????
    Once there ready Steve will come on and make the announcement I would say....stay tuned this is going to be a great video.
    HPI 5b Harm BX-3
    Thunder Tiger ST-1
    Erevo VXL Savage Flux

Quote Originally Posted by Seano View Post
    Once there ready Steve will come on and make the announcement I would say....stay tuned this is going to be a great video.
    Seano has any one spoken to him about 2013 Nats
    HPI Baja 5b Rok Rc Symsteer
    HPI Baja 5sc Rooster Tail 26 Qualifier, Rok Rc Symsteer

Not that I know of.
    HPI 5b Harm BX-3
    Thunder Tiger ST-1
    Erevo VXL Savage Flux

R/C Newbie

Its finally for sale !

ITS OUT NOW!

Yes thats right, after waaaay too much time, and endless hurdles, the 1st ever Australian 1/5th Scale Off Road RC Championships DVD, is available for sale through Daniels Pit Stop right NOW !

For those that don't know, or can't remember, this is a Twin DVD set, filmed over 2 days out at the QORLS RC car track at Belmont, the first disc (approx 1 hour) is the feature, and is a incite into the world of owning and racing large scale RC cars.

The second disc (approx 2 hours) has the footage we collected from our 2 cameras during the finals, it has footage from all four finals on the one disc.

With help and advice from Peter at Daniels Pit Stop (DPS), we have managed to keep the price as affordable and a fair as we can for everyone, with this in mind, DPS will be selling the 2 DVD set for $24.95 with FREE Postage in Australia.

A small percentage of money from each DVD sold through DPS, will be donated to QORLS.

Here is a shortcut to the buy page......
    BUY DVDhttp://www.danielspitstop.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=169&Itemid=131

If the link does not work for you, please head to... DanielsPitstop.com.au,
    On the left had side of the home page you will see ...Product Categories,
    At the bottom of the product categories list , you will see ...National Championship DVD

Cheers
    Steve
    ps. sorry it took so long

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234