Australian RC Forums banner

The SC8e Thread

6K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  LeethalLee 
#1 ·
Thought I might start a thread specifically for the SC8e.

They are one of the toughest Short Course Trucks around!!!

In our group of friends we have, as it stands right now, 5 SC8e's and 3 SC8.2e's (with a 4th due at Christmas)

Post up anything SC8e related, the more the better!!!

#2 ·
Good stuff Lee. Have only had the chance to maiden my SC8e last Sunday...the weather is looking good this weekend so I'm hoping to give it another run. I picked up a Mamba Monster during the Castle Black Friday sale to swap for the Mamba Max Pro :)

#4 ·
Still waiting for the Mamba Monster to arrive but in the meantime I gave this another good outing today. I didn't hold back (unlike its maiden drive where I wanted to check everything) and had the SC8e screaming along - bashing in sand and on grass. I managed to get it cartwheeling several - thankfully the roll cage did its thing and prevented any damage to the body shell.

Lee what settings are you running/suggest on the ESC i.e. punch, drag brake etc etc

#6 ·
My understanding is that while the Mamba Max Pro can handle up to 6S, its more comfortable at 2S-4S. The Monster can handle up to 6S without any trouble at all.

If anyone has more specific info on the pros/cons of the MMP vs MMM, then feel free to chime in.

#14 ·
Almost certain the motor is a Leopard 4074 2000kv. Looks identical to the motor Thunder Tiger use and that is a Leopard kv for sure. Not much wrong with it but I would still rather the Castle one. No idea on the ESC thought.
Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2

#17 ·
stock electrics arent usually great, i actually broke my sc8e to, i broke a steering rod end in half after i touched a slash 4x4 lol, the abuse it cops it was bound to happen soon

#20 · (Edited)
I'm using one lee...I got the front and rear one but I get rid of the rear coz I recon the stock ones hold the rear body entirely compare to the t bone it only protects in the middle but the front one is pretty useful and more durable and the skid doesn't wear out quickly...I ordered mine on their website and it has a lifetime warranty as well...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.