AARCMCC Large Scale Off road Australian Championships 2012
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Moderator

AARCMCC Large Scale Off road Australian Championships 2012

November 22nd has arrived, and the boys are back in town....4 days of racing and fun...

Day 1...Practice, was a good day, no rain, bloody hot though, there are some really quick cars here already, and the times are only going to improve.

A huge shout out to all that have travelled from Interstate to compete in this event, and to all the Sponsors.

Day 2, the heats are on today, if you are looking for something to do why not drop out and catch up with the Large Scale Guys at the Belmont Track, bring a hat and sunscreen, and support your favorites.

Good Luck to all the competitors both for today and for the rest of the event.

Camera has a big memory card fail last night, hopefully I will be able to get some half descent shots of the cars today...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Banned
    can you post up some stats of today's heats..

like TQ ... and so on so we can know what's going on up there who's got what and how the nsw or interstate boys are going up there..

that would be nice

R/C God
    1 x HPI Baja - 3 x HPI Blitz - 2 x HPI E10
    2 x AE SC18 -1 x Traxxas Ken Block Rally
    1 x Losi 1/24 SCT - 1 x Tamiya VDF Gold
    1 x build in progress Losi 5ive - MGM, Lehner 3080
    1 x HPI EBaja - Castle Cremations

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Day 2 is done and dusted...results are available on Slyfox and can be found by following the link posted by Luke.

Another Great day of 1/5 scale racing, and so far only one injury/incident....this may be a good time to remind everyone....1/5 scale cars/trucks are not toys...these are high powered mechanical units that have the potential to cause serious injury....It is easy to forget that this is the case and become complacent....I am the first to admit I have failed too remain vigilant when working around them at times.

Today a Clutch Bell flew into dozens of tiny razor sharp pieces of high velocity shrapnel and stuck a driver in the face, only millimeters from his eye...he was not doing anything that I and many of us do many times when tuning, inspecting and working on our models, I can thankfully say, apart from a cut to the face and a black eye, the unlucky or lucky owner depending on how you view what happened, should make a full recovery and have a pretty impressive story to tell for many years while sitting around the BBQ with family and friends.

Guys please remember these Models, are machines and as such, prone to failures every now and again, stay safe while having fun.

2 more great racing still to come, so if you are able to get to the track, come on down and support the 1/5 scale guys.

Unfortunately, other commitments have me unavailable to attend the track for tomorrows events, but I will be back at the track Sunday for the Finals of all classes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

safety glasses are a good option. Thanks for the updates Pete.
    Typed slowly on my old keyboard using only 2 fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by towie964 View Post
    Day 2 is done and dusted...results are available on Slyfox and can be found by following the link posted by Luke.

Another Great day of 1/5 scale racing, and so far only one injury/incident....this may be a good time to remind everyone....1/5 scale cars/trucks are not toys...these are high powered mechanical units that have the potential to cause serious injury....It is easy to forget that this is the case and become complacent....I am the first to admit I have failed too remain vigilant when working around them at times.

Today a Clutch Bell flew into dozens of tiny razor sharp pieces of high velocity shrapnel and stuck a driver in the face, only millimeters from his eye...he was not doing anything that I and many of us do many times when tuning, inspecting and working on our models, I can thankfully say, apart from a cut to the face and a black eye, the unlucky or lucky owner depending on how you view what happened, should make a full recovery and have a pretty impressive story to tell for many years while sitting around the BBQ with family and friends.

Guys please remember these Models, are machines and as such, prone to failures every now and again, stay safe while having fun.

2 more great racing still to come, so if you are able to get to the track, come on down and support the 1/5 scale guys.

Unfortunately, other commitments have me unavailable to attend the track for tomorrows events, but I will be back at the track Sunday for the Finals of all classes.
    Definitely not toys ey! If you think they are, better get another hobby!

What's going on? QLD are at the top of the leader boards at the moment. Need to get your act together boys!
    Self sponsored RC enthusiast!

Banned

Jeebers not good....what kind of car was it ?? Guessing it'd be a European car as the bajas are pretty enclosed

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by towie964 View Post

that's not good to hear but lucky he's ok..

i don't like when people rev there cars in the pit area , $hit from the wheels fly's up everywhere all it takes is to hit someone in the eye.... never heard of a exploding clutch bell before tho....might be wise to have a seperate section for tuning the cars at the tracks..food for thought
    good to see he's ok

Senior Moderator
    The car was a Euro style and yes it is quite open, but in saying that, A baja with a normal 3 leg clutch holder is just as open, and could easily let pieces of shrapnel fly out in the same manner.

I dont want to be an alarmist or start a panic...merely wanting to remind all, that accidents can happen, and we all need to stay vigilant, especially with the larger scale trucks/buggies, because there is the potential for someone to get hurt.

Day 3 is upon us, weather is looking good, temps are a bit cooler today than this time yesterday, and looking like another brilliant day to go racing.....if you have the time to get out there and check the fun out....Today and Tomorrow are where all the action is going to happen.

Last day of heats and then into the Finals tomorrow

For those that cant make it, the results page on Slyfox is updating all the time.

Funny, European stuff are made of high quality materials now a days and probably tested to the breaking point from the manufacturer before it hits the shelves. They know that their products wont be going into toys, might have just been a bad one? Pretty sure the part manufacturer can get contacted and wont let it happen again.

Good to see the blokes OK and can race again another day. Should just be common sense not to do anything stupid when your in the pits.

Banned

Well you really don't expect a clutch bell to explode now do you ?? Unless your like some that rev their cars on a stand to see their peak rpm n **** which is dumb

Banned
    should be another great day racing and i have been keeping a eye on the times, heats, and placing's...

queenslander's are doing good and i see david and julian are going pretty good, and no supprise to see callan leading the efra 2wd pack,..good to see the nsw boys going good as well..

on another note the toys can be dangerous, when people are reving crap out of them in the pit area, seen it done 1000 times, so to speak.. and probably best to keep the tuning away from the pit area, ... all good now but if a rock or a freak accident like that happen's, i'd hate to be the one who was revving the car , poor bloke would be devistated .... not to mention the bloke who cops it in the eye...

probably a good idea to ban any revving tunning of engines in the pit area and have a seperate allocated spot for it.. make all marshals wear some sort of eye protection like sunnys or something along those lines..

i can see it being only a matter of time someone will get hit in the eye.. if people still rev there cars in the pit area.. idle ok but some rev the crap out of it and crap goes flying of the wheels...

its good to bring that up pete as we can do something about it now then wait till it does damage..i was meaning to say something about it a while back.. so you have just made me remember about it..
    better be safe then sorry i say.
    Last edited by in rod we trust; 24-11-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Leopard View Post
    Well you really don't expect a clutch bell to explode now do you ?? Unless your like some that rev their cars on a stand to see their peak rpm n **** which is dumb

Be a good idea to pass it on to Deanno when he gets back so he can then pass it on to get some rules changed in the pits. For the better protection of the members and public specially when their watching in the pits.

I cant believe that people tend to STILL think these are toys! Not something to take to that park and go vroom, vroom until they hit or hurt someone. All i can say, fool to be thinking they are.
    Last edited by stephoon; 24-11-2012 at 07:57 PM.

R/C God
    Boys I was there when it happened, it was a freak situation that was a extremely scenario !

Far from a toy situation and respectfully probably best not to comment unless you where there..!
    Sydney Society of Model Engineers - Large Scale Off Road Section Leader - AARCMCC Affiliated

R/C God

Eyes on the prize Deano, get out there and drive the wheels off the car... Well not literally!
    "As inconspicuous as I am...I am a hard face to forget"
    BigKev aka The Frog
    27/9/2010

Ill try not to miss next years meet. Coming Chris? Well, wont be in the same room as you though. LOL!

Give us some updates on whats happening up there Deanno.

R/C God
    Go to Slyfox live and you'll see the results and semis for tomorrow!
    Sydney Society of Model Engineers - Large Scale Off Road Section Leader - AARCMCC Affiliated

Slyfox dont cover whats happening there at night time when the fun begins lol!

R/C God
    Quote Originally Posted by MONAROMAN View Post
    Eyes on the prize Deano, get out there and drive the wheels off the car... Well not literally!
    I did that yesterday Chris .... Lol

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MONAROMAN View Post
    One of the boys up here already did that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast