Australian RC Forums banner

My new monster truck!

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Matt Revilo 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new to forums and relatively new to nitro cars.

I bought a 2nd hand HSP Tornado today, price was right, condition was good, couldn't say no.

The price was cheap, because the previous owner could not get the tune right.

After maybe 10 minutes of tuning, she was starting in milliseconds, and running like a dream.

Much to my amazement, it had a team infinity .28 motor, and all metal gearing, electric start, and came with a few good spares.

I've had a challenger wildfire for a short while now, and i have to say that the Tornado is by far the better car!

Anyways, mostly wanted to say g'day.

Cheers.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome Tonic...The HSP 1/8 scale trucks & buggies are pretty good but the 1/10 ones are cheap and break easy...I used to have 1/8 sea rover which is based on the Tornado chassis...Nice pick up....BTW soon you'll get the HSP haters commenting but dont worry about them ITS ONLY A HOBBY lol...BTW where are you from ?

#3 ·
Hehe, i assumed it would only be a matter of time before the hsp haters came from looking at other threads. I dont plan to race, jump, mostly just bust around my backyard which is pretty rough, the house is fairly new, and only half of it was turfed, after having a massive excavator in to pull up our waste treatment plant the ride on struggles to get through most of it :)

At the moment i'm living at Thulimbah, which is a little bit above stanthorpe.

#4 ·
Its not really haters. I always said "A HSP is better than no RC". I only warn new comers to the hobby to stay away from lower end brands because they have no idea on how to maintain, fix or even tune their RC. Name brands can be a little easier with that. At least there is a lot more info on them and parts are easier to get. If you are clued up on the hobby and know how to do a few of those little fixes HSP cars need (like shimming, adjusting, modding) they can certainly be a fun RC. Big plus for your Tornado is the aftermarket engine. Stock HSP engines leave a lot to be desired but team infinity are pretty decent engines.

Anyway dont worry too much what other people say. They are your toys and it only matters what you think. Welcome on board and hope your truck and buggy give you lots of hassle free fun.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.