Australian RC Forums banner

Towie's New Truck

11K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  towie964 
#1 ·
Picked up a slightly used 1/14 scale Tamiya Knight Hauler yesterday.

Guy was looking to offload it to fund other projects.

Fully Built and painted, fitted with the Multi-Finction Unit, and a battery

I think my passion for 1/14 scale has been re-ignited, plus my other truck was getting lonely and wanted a playmate.

So I guess I should start with the first Truck I built, an R470 Scania Special Metallic Edition, what a PITA to keep clean, completely un-photogenic, it is really hard to get a descent pic of this one...

And the new one, a Knight Hauler, still 1/14 scale but with Bogie Drive and a conventional look with it's long nose and Chrome everywhere

A fairly imposing truck to look, it is so much longer then the Scania

the length difference is huge

See less See more
#31 ·
since your garage is soo full, when your done send it down my way and I'll make some space :)

#33 ·
Hmmm.....sorry about that.....your gonna love it......and the best bit....the truck has right of way no matter where it travels in the house, lift ya feet up boys and girls, the truck needs the room to turn...he he he

#34 ·
Luke, save yourself! Lol!

Towie, they could get as expensive as a fully blinged up baja! Problem is, where do you stop? Lol. Ive put mine in the display cabinet but that "person" your talking about made me look at my truck in a...dirty, but good way. Now ive got all sorts of ideas what to do with mine but, damn its going to take a long, long, long, long time to make it!

Truck is looking good! Bastard, now there are three "people" on here that make me want to molest my truck again! Lol! First one is rcroad train!

#35 ·
Sorry Steph, looks like you and I are gonna be stuck in that Naughty Corner for a while yet my friend.

By the way...did you see the 9 speed box available for these trucks, apparently they can change gears on the fly in 3 different ranges...how sweet is that, you could actually have it going through all 9 gears from a standing stop to full speed, just like the real deal, at least thats how I understand it.

And Bloody RC Roadtrain....where do I start.....2 words....B+Double....what are you doing to me, I need a bigger shelf : ) I can hear my wallet trying to find somewhere to hide before it gets brutalized yet again

#38 ·
Congrats mate....you will love the build, it will take a long time but worth it, and a load of fun too

Never did get around to grabbing the livestock...should try and get it soon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.