Australian RC Forums banner

My new Losi 5-ve-T

28K views 57 replies 13 participants last post by  Matt Revilo 
#1 ·
Well talk about excited! I just picked up my RC i have been dreaming about for ages! My fleet is now complete! I can ease up on the spending a wee bit for a couple weeks then its a OBR full mod and a few other bits and pieces for it like decent Transmitter to make the most of the telemtry, TR clutch housing, decent clutch and shroud, Ali chassis braces and a few "consumables" like diffs, axles, bearings, couplers and boots.
A huge thank you goes out to "Ellenbrook" for putting me onto it. Its a second hand truck with Losi pipe on it that was still in the box and has never even had fuel in the tank. It was an awesome score. $1900 worth of receipts and i paid $1300 for it.
I just fitted the Receiver out of my Trophy Truggy and got it all going with that receiver till I can buy a Spektrum for it. I put some gas in it and pulled it about four times and she fired into life with a hell of a racket i suppose thats what happens when you start it in the lounge though!
I cant wait to take it for a bash tomorrow!
Any guys out there got some good tips about first mods? Other than steering servo which again thanks very much to Ellenbrook i am picking up tomorrow a good solid Savox. One tip i have had which i think maybe you could try Ellenbrook is to adjust the end points on the braking servo so that it only just locks them up and it puts alot less load on the servo.
No pics yet sorry as im having alot of issues with my dam image shack account!

See less See more
#57 ·
[quote author=simonj link=topic=1333.msg1#msg1 date=1361351829]
Well I got some goodies in the mail finally, so I set about prepping and painting the body. I have never done an RC body before and I don't have the patience for fancy masking etc so it is all black with a couple stickers here and there. It took me two hours all up start to finish and I used 4 cans of tamiya black. I have only got the bow ties on at the moment as I haven't bought some contact adhesive to mount up the knobblies and zero growth foams, the bow ties will not even get run as is cos the tires are not glued to the foams and they are quite flexy so they would baloon ridiculously. I like the black on black, what do you reckon not too dark?
I wasn't too sure about the shorter 5B tires but I reckon it pulls them off.

And this showed up today too

Battery is charged and shift servo end points set all ready for a play when I get home from night shift in the morning! I can't wait it's a seriously cool little truck. It's the first 1/10 model (except the summit but that's not really 1/10 it's bigger than most 1/8) I have ever owned and jeez it's small and fiddly to work on.
Simon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.