Tamiya Nitrage 5.2

Tamiya Nitrage 5.2

I have been playing with a Tamiya Nitrage 5.2 all day and I love it. It's going to be hard to let it go tommorrow, my mate is buying it from another mate and I'm holding it till it's paid for.

Can anyone tell me if it's a truck or a truggy? Also what 1/8 tyres will fit it, other than the originals?

I hope to have one myself one day!
    Last edited by PC WIZ; 08-10-2012 at 12:27 AM.
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C God
    Cool, they look awesome.

They are a truggy and i believe they use 17mm rims, Maxx (3.2"), LPR (3.7"... I think) or the other monster truck sizes (although generally too heavy for a truggy).
    I think they are also half offset rims aswell but I'm not 100% sure.

From what I've seen the 5.2 motor doesnt have much power though.
    Losi Desert Truck x2 | Mugen MBX5T-E | 3Racing Sakura Zero S | Losi XXX CR | Durango DEX210
    For Sale: Losi Desert Truck |Futaba T2PHKA | Sanwa MX3X |Losi XXX CR

After checking a few earlier posts on the forum I think they use 14mm hex's, these can be changed to 17mm I think.

Not sure about the engine being a poor performer, this thing really get's up and goes considering it only has a single speed box.

My mate doesn't seem very interested in buying it now but I won't know for sure untill tonight. Fingers crossed, he might change his mind and I can buy it.
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

The motor isnt that great at all IMO. I have tuned a few of them and my friend used to have one. They always seem to fail too early. Usually piston skirt lests go but have seen them throw a rod through the block couple of times. I just dont think they are that durable. My mate fitted a GO .28 engine after his FR-32FX bit the dust. The power difference was huge even though the GO engine had smaller capacity. His also had the ywo speed but the hexes were derinitely 14mm. I remember that well because we shared wheels with my Revo 3.3. Pretty sure you are right Brett, I think I have seen 17mm hexe upgrade for them but pretty sure they dont come with them.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2
    BASH-BREAK-FIX-REPEAT. ALWAYS REPEAT.

Damn, I don't want my friends intro into RC to end in a rod through the block. He has a lot of influence in town, if that happened my name would be MUD!!! That would be the end of any hopes of opening an RC store in town. I think I should buy it and look for a better one for him, he doesn't seem all that keen now anyway.

The truck it self Brett is a very decent unit for its age. I doubt much would go wrong with it. With my mates one I think he only busted couple of suspension arms and a few shock ends but he drove it like a mad man. Jumps and more jumps. I was a little jelous as my Revo would always break before his Nitrage. After changing his engine to the GO unit I actually preffered the Nitrage over my Revo. Thats when I went mental on the Revo with every upgrade available and the big block engine. Only then the Revo edged out in front.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2
    BASH-BREAK-FIX-REPEAT. ALWAYS REPEAT.

It feels soft and loose to drive, but in a paddock (3acres) mowed, it's fun. We took it in and out of a paddock with 30cm weeds in it and it made its way out very easily. This Truggy is 2007 I think. It has had three owners and approx 2litres through it, with a few mods such as the GO engine I'm sure it would be better.
    The suspension needs a look in, the front wheel balloons into a 45rpm record with power on out of a corner, steering travel is minimal.
    The front hub bearings are loose (stuffed)! I will put a new set of bearings in, that's what mates are for! Ha Ha.

I'm pretty sure it needs either better shocks, or just stiffer springs?

There are sway bars available as on option part, better start looking.....

What tyres do you suggest? It will be run on a hard cracker dust track, 16m X 40m X 3.5m track width.
    Last edited by PC WIZ; 08-10-2012 at 11:43 PM.