Australian RC Forums banner

Get together/bash

[Vic] 
52K views 319 replies 27 participants last post by  Jakethesnake 
#1 · (Edited)
So the plan is Sunbury BMX Track (cornish st, next to the tennis courts) from 10 onwards on sunday 21st
Everyones welcome.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=u...a=X&ei=XRtkULXPC9GviQfc_YGQBQ&ved=0CCYQ8gEwAA

Well I think its time to have another bash again, the last one we had was in December I think. So any interest?

I was thinking of sometime in the next 3 weekends or so, just as bathurst in the weekend after;) My preference is for a Sunday 23rd or 30 possibly.

Location wise, well anywhere we won't get kicked off basically. BMX track wise I think we have Sunbury and Tullarmarine, but any other suggestions would be good.

Also all scales are welcome here so you can bring what you've got nitro, electric or 2 stroke.

And now I'm going to try to palm off this thread to someone else so we don't get rained on again. So Mick, Matt, Darko, anyone go for it
:thumb:

#34 ·
Yeah Wilson if you could do that it would be great! :)

30th sounds fine? I don't think we will run into problems with the rain.. should be clearing up the next few weeks..

Sounds good :)

Cheers.

#35 ·
Hey count me in! 23rd or 30th is okay for me, don't mind either.

Sandman, the only way to ensure it doesn't rain is to run the meet in Queensland. :p

#39 ·
Yup that's the one millzee !!! Also some good spots are off mosquito rd towards Craigie where there is lots of mullock heaps....

#40 ·
I've also heard about a couple of blokes that have built a sick 1/8 track just outside of Maryborough and the other day I was told they will be holding a few race meets, I'll have to check both spots out one day, thanks.
How long since you where in Maryborough last?

#41 ·
On Wednesday for work..... I think its the Weirs that have a track out near Majorca some where.... BTW do you know the Luggs ?

#47 ·
I got 2 of what u want lol

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

#52 ·
Yeah 30th, sorry was on camp last week. Location wise its between Oakleigh and Sunbury, checked out the dirt area near Oakleigh today and unfortunately its locked and has quicksand. I'll upload some pics of the oakleigh BMX track in a sec.

#53 ·
Heres Oakleigh, nice track with nice RC sized jumps although it isn't a huge track and there's not much parking. What do you guys think?
As much as I can't be bothered going all the way to Sunbury I think its probably the better location.
Also Martin are you in on this haven't heard from ya in a while?
Cloud Sky Ecoregion Tree Road surface
Cloud Sky Land lot Asphalt Slope
Sky Cloud Plant Tree Slope
Sky Cloud Plant Natural environment Natural landscape
Sky Cloud Tree Road surface Slope

#54 ·
Well Oakleigh looks good to me too Sandy but photos can be deciveing. You are probably a better judge since you know the Sunbury track and Oakleigh.

Well lets set something in concrete in the next couple of days. I just think if we leave it till too late the turn out will be ****. Only problem now is the weather. It just doesnt look like it wants to play nice. Fri and Sat rain then showers forecast for Sunday. Damn it.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2

#55 ·
Well I'm going to go out on a limb and say Sunbury, just as I think oakleigh could get crowded with a few people and big cars. Sunbury would be much better suited especially if we get a few people. Time wise probably from about 10 onwards.

I think we should also have a weather cutoff, either saturday night or sunday morning so that we don't have people trekking across the countryside like last time only to get wet.

#58 ·
Amo, could you please remind me about this later in the week? Not sure if my XS will be going as am still waiting on diff cups. Had a good bash with SC10 / SCTE yesterday during a 4WD trip so they should be all good, & bike is going well, hope you can make it...

#59 · (Edited)
Thanks Sand Man for the pics.. Sunbry look's good to me :) I'm free this Sunday, hopefully the weather holds off.. also btw if anyone wants to go from the Mornington area and needs a lift let me know.

Cheers,
Luis

Oh yeah.. what cars are most of you taking?

EDIT- FAARROUTT Just checked the location...

112 km, 1 hour 34 mins In current traffic: 1 hour 39 mins
M1

I'm in for a big arse drive that's for sure, ohwell, lucky I have my 1.3L Jazz :p

#63 ·
mmmm so I might have to come visit now haha since I am only 20mins away hahaha.

Can't remember what I need to do to get something going. Got a feelign the savage has something missing. I know the baja is outta action atm slightly broken lol.

I'll dig something up haha

Oh Lalo it takes me about 50mins on a weekend from ferntree gully rd - east link to get there and google lies a lot about that time hahaha

#65 ·
its not lol. Still soo wet. Got the work car bogged 3 times over the weekend lol. Just so wet and slipppery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.