Australian RC Forums banner

My brushless 5ive-T - anyone else?

16K views 63 replies 17 participants last post by  Godles 
#1 ·
I know brushless isn't popular in this scale, but surely there are others around who like me prefer brushless. Anyway, here is my brushless Losi, which I don't use too often. I am also wondering if there are organised bashing sessions in Melbourne for large scales, if so I would love to join!

#5 · (Edited)
Cool! I will check it out.

For those wanting to see under the body shell, here is another video which I did shortly after the car was done. I have had the car for awhile, did a few things on it, then it just sat there. Luckily I know someone who helps me with my RCs when I just don't have time or helps me with stuff I am no good at (ie. soldering, gluing tyres lol). I think he is on this forum as BIG-block as he is on others. Anyway, he put the rest of the setup together for me and as always he does a very clean job.

#6 ·
I think the brushless set ups for the large scale will get popular with time. There is another member who's going to be doing a pretty awesome set up soon and would then be good to see how it compares to the other big motors. Only thing that puts a lot of people off would be the run times and battery cost to run such a big set up would cost a fair bit for decent power.

#7 ·
I like it alot! one day when money isn't a factor........

#16 ·
Are you talking to me? I was there again yesterday and today - actually I am there everyday as I live there lol. Here is a short clip from yesterday as I didn't have anyone to film for me but manage to get a passer by to help for 30 seconds during the jumps lol.

#27 ·
On video it doesn't even look like a 1/5th. Looks like a little 1/10th scale SC. So chuckable and nimble for a 20kg beheamoth. Pleasure to work on too. Very well built and quality all the way. After working on it I really want one now.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2

#30 ·
wow!!

not only do i really really want one but full respect for letting your son have a go....... If i did have one I doubt that I would let the missus have a go and she is 22 lmao

#32 ·
Man even I was nervous watching your son drive the 5ive T especially when he was playing around those tree's haha, good thing he broke the vorza and not the 5ive t :)
Either way It was great to meet you guys :) Hopefully when I get a proper RC going I will come back and join you guys, my little 1/16th was just boring compared to what you guys had running :)

#34 ·
Junior broke his Vorza? I just finished his MT4. LOL. At least the little guy is having fun and the father-son bonding can not have a price put on it. Also for such a young little bugger he has excellent control of RCs. Couple of more years and he will be runing circles around us two.

#35 ·
Junior broke his Vorza? I just finished his MT4. LOL. At least the little guy is having fun and the father-son bonding can not have a price put on it. Also for such a young little bugger he has excellent control of RCs. Couple of more years and he will be runing circles around us two.

i agree there father son bond is priceless.

i know the couple of young kids at our track in the 5b outlaw class there with there dads are smashing us old farts in the racing..

#38 ·
That is the only downside of electric. At full throttle I would say 10-12 mins. I am running 5000mah batteries, and am going to try 8000mah Zippy battery and see. I wonder how hard it is to rewire 2 5000mah batteries and make it 2S2P 10000mah, or if it is even advisable. Any idea BIG-block?

#44 ·
Just put together a few video's that my house mate filmed while we were down there watching you guys and thought I would share it with you :) This also shows some of the really good jumps :)

gee that losi jumps well ...

can't wait till i get my new losi shell and start the bashing, racing and jumping
going to do a vk hdt themed shell..the losi is a great for money value truck..

#48 ·
I think there are a whole bunch of Losi upgrades and part pages on one of the other Aussie forums.

LSD

Sent from my SG1 using Asguard tech

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.