Australian RC Forums banner

King rc shakedown series pointscore

21K views 140 replies 20 participants last post by  mrmoo83 
#1 ·
As you all are aware the King RC Shakedown series has commenced, I have started the point score for all three classes and they will be posted here after each round.

The competitors who place on the day all receive a trophy kindly made and donated by King RC and at the end of the series there of course will be overall winners for the three classes and they will receive a series winner mounted plaque.

Once again thanks to Callan for his effort and support !

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~francos/SSME/LAPS-Results/KingRC-2012/2wd_Stock_Pointscore.pdf

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~francos/SSME/LAPS-Results/KingRC-2012/2wd_Outlaw_Pointscore.pdf

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~francos/SSME/LAPS-Results/KingRC-2012/4wd_Outlaw_Pointscore.pdf

A special thank you must go to Franco for his efforts each race day with the computer and timing system, he is also hosting the race results from the timing system and the point score.

Cheers
Dean

See less See more
#3 ·
Deano what's the tq mean next to my name??

#7 ·
So what's top qualifyier mean? Does it mean like first 3 positions met in every race or?

#9 ·
Oh k cool so how does the point scoring system work?

#14 ·
don't want also be souding like a whinge but since the rest did the right thing by not refuelling during the final,
i think its fair to remove the points from the jonny's fg..tally ..let him keep the third place award, no probs
but in the end of the series them points could mean the difference .. and if the rest did the right thing. and i guess rules are rules.. not that i care but i think its only fair to other's .

#15 ·
Ok after much deliberation and from a common sense point of view we will be awarding the TQ points to the competitor with the single best heat of the round.
It can be done both ways but when the nationals are being run on November and they will be run using the single heat best heat system.
It also means that if you have a bad heat or a mechanical issue your good heat and effort us not wasted.

I will look at the point score tonite and make any required changes.

#16 ·
Ambro, I'm not gona sound like a whinger but reality is that even if I did re fuel and got back on track there was no way I could have won unless Franco and Dan both broke down and there was no 4th car that had chance of coming third

If it'll make you stop crying ill give you the damn peice of foam and ill even frame it for you

I came 1st 2nd n 3rd and I'm 3rd on the ladder with Franco ontop of me when he came 5th 7th and 2nd? How the fudge does that work? Is it only based on finals ? If so I'm not racing heats, no bloody point

#17 ·
I thought you had to at the very least start each heat to be included in the final

#19 ·
So if I start both heats and do even 1 lap I'm elegible for the finals?

#22 ·
Technically Yes ..... But that's not a very sportsmanlike attitude to adopt and it would be frowned upon by the section leader!

I'll take the time to give you an example!

Say you go to Queensland in November and there's 5 heats per class; you go out in the first two and have a shocker !
The next one you blow a motor, the next one a clutch..etc
And in your last heat with your new motor and clutch you smash the track record and do 3 Laps more than anyone else, you then take out pole position as opposed to the 4 bad heats dragging you down to last place on the grid.

#31 ·
Also this is where a grid start makes more sense for a final. If you choose to just do a lap in a heat to "qualify" for the final then it leaves you sitting dead last on the grid and the guy who TQ'ed gets pole position. Staggered start doesn't allow for this and is really only good for heats

#33 ·
Chris, I think we were a little not too bothered with the proper Start Order on the weekend, from the look of things i think we should stick to what the computer start order shows... that way there might be less problems.

#32 ·
I really think that we need to stop and think about the reason that Dean called this the "Shakedown Series", for those that don't know or understand, it was called this for the reason to get us ready for the November Championships... and some of us really need to pickup on their game or you'll just find yourself disqualified before even getting to the championship finals.

#34 ·
So tq means an extra 2 points....ok I'm learning I'm learning

#36 ·
The heats are started at 2 second single file intervals and the final is a formula 1 style grid in qualifying order.
We have been running a lemans style grid for the finals which also has been working well.
I agree Franco you did did setup the 2wd outlaw grid correctly and I attempted the 4wd as well but the list needs to be followed as you said, the computer does it all for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.