Australian RC Forums banner

King rc shakedown series pointscore

21K views 140 replies 20 participants last post by  mrmoo83 
#1 ·
As you all are aware the King RC Shakedown series has commenced, I have started the point score for all three classes and they will be posted here after each round.

The competitors who place on the day all receive a trophy kindly made and donated by King RC and at the end of the series there of course will be overall winners for the three classes and they will receive a series winner mounted plaque.

Once again thanks to Callan for his effort and support !

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~francos/SSME/LAPS-Results/KingRC-2012/2wd_Stock_Pointscore.pdf

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~francos/SSME/LAPS-Results/KingRC-2012/2wd_Outlaw_Pointscore.pdf

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~francos/SSME/LAPS-Results/KingRC-2012/4wd_Outlaw_Pointscore.pdf

A special thank you must go to Franco for his efforts each race day with the computer and timing system, he is also hosting the race results from the timing system and the point score.

Cheers
Dean

See less See more
#48 ·
It was cursed from the beginning lol. That's why I lost interest in it. Don't get me wrong, when it was running, noting caught it, I mean nothing!

Ever since I've driven the losi of homers, I wanted one! When I had the MCD, I didn't want to look at it because I knew that it was a better car.
I started my new job now and I want to see what it can do with a bzm on it that's why I asked if there was a motor limit on the November event.

#49 ·
Yes there is a motor limit, you need to read the rules I have sanctioned.
Look in the off road large scale section for the AARCMCC rules, I have a new revised set ready to release soon.
Now that there seems to be more interest I'll try and finish them
This week and get them up, you can go to the AARCMCC website and you'll find them there as well.
There are capacity and porting limitations

#50 ·
Reed engines are allowed !! I read through the rules last night

#52 ·
we have a heap of losi trucks up here and they get around our track pretty dam fast
i think one of these with a reed in it would be killer as out track needs a good spread of power as it has both tight and technical stuf and a really long main straight

#53 ·
back on topic winter race series, sponsored by king rc.

deano.

is it still the same rule that after your race you have to marshal.. at times i was marshaling for two class'es .

i even drop out of the 4wd race due to broken hub and still went out there in the final of the 4wd to marshall ..
there seemed to be more than enough people in each class to fill all the marshal position's.. and at times they were calling for the marshal's to get on the track..
i think we probably need to remind people of this rule.

#54 ·
I think the Marshalls need to start attending to cars on the track like they would want their car attended to, not a lazy waddle over or wait for a car that's 4 corners away to pass so they can cross the road,

#57 ·
Ambro I may be flying around the track but I'm always looking out of the corner of my eye and o can see when there's a car flipped over or if someone is on the track and I slow down or even stop

#58 · (Edited)
The lack of marshells during the 4wd classes was shiiting me. And i think that a lot people didn't even bother to do any marshelling at all... myself i was busy with the computer system and repairing my car during the heats, but i still managed to marshell a few races. I just can't see that there can be any excuses.

#59 ·
Correct, 4wd Marshalls were half asleep ! Marshalling is like hunting, your constantly scanning your surroundings, your prey is a car in distress when you have target in your sights you run!

#60 ·
I missed your first heat due to repairing my car but did the final... The middle section missed out.
There is an issue as there are normally 4 guys that run stock and 4wd and that leaves a hole

I find the slower moving guys tend to do the very bottom of the track or behind the first berm.
The 2 areas that see the least action

#61 ·
So, you don't just marshal the heat straight after your own race like everywhere else does? And people cop out of marshalling because their car is broke? Gees, you guys should come run some onroad then and man up, broken car or not, you marshal the race right after yours no questions asked, then go back the the pit tables and fix your cars.

#63 ·
So, you don't just marshal the heat straight after your own race like everywhere else does? And people cop out of marshalling because their car is broke? Gees, you guys should come run some onroad then and man up, broken car or not, you marshal the race right after yours no questions asked, then go back the the pit tables and fix your cars.
Very good points in both these posts.

Perhaps we need to be very strict with regards to the marshelling.

And we do have a quite few people that do run in two classes, so yes that could be leaving us a bit short on marshalls.

#64 ·
I run outlaw 2wd and 4wd which the races are back to back, if both cars have a problem then I'm screwd as I've only got time to repair 1 car and if it gets repaired in time, if I finish both previous races and dont run into any problems and my car is good for the next race then I'm good to Marshal

#66 ·
imo this is where the problem is, not having a dig at just you Jonny, but if we all adopt that view then no one will be available to marshall.... because everyone will say that fixing their car comes first then i'm good to marshall ??

#68 ·
I think all our cars have had a problem or another on the weekend, in the 4wd class only two cars made it to the 25 minute mark.... an MCD and a Losi.

#72 ·
Anyone Wana be my mechanic? I'm pretty sure there's no more than 5 marshalling positions on the track, there's 10+ 4wd boys and I believe not more than 5 or 6 race 2wd so theoretically not 1 person marshalls back to back or misses out on marshalling because they need to fix their car, if you where racing 2 classes and you needed to fix your car to be able to race the next race and had to go and marshal instead, woyldnt you be ****ed that you can't race the next race?

It's about having fun, if people are gona start crying that someone else hasn't marshalled then I'm gona take up skiing instead

We are racing remote control cars for fun, boo fuking hoo

#75 · (Edited)
Anyone Wana be my mechanic? I'm pretty sure there's no more than 5 marshalling positions on the track, there's 10+ 4wd boys and I believe not more than 5 or 6 race 2wd so theoretically not 1 person marshalls back to back or misses out on marshalling because they need to fix their car, if you where racing 2 classes and you needed to fix your car to be able to race the next race and had to go and marshal instead, woyldnt you be ****ed that you can't race the next race?

It's about having fun, if people are gona start crying that someone else hasn't marshalled then I'm gona take up skiing instead

We are racing remote control cars for fun, boo fuking hoo

let me know if you do take up skiing , i have a awesome set , i can sell you. and a snowboard as well.

the rules have been ther for quite some time you finish your race you marshal
if you enter two class'es then its up to you to organise a marshal or don't enter two race's... simple as that.. unless the bloke "mechanic" or whoever is a ssme member. non member's are not allowed to enter the pit area whatsoever.

#73 ·
Johnny thats not the point its written in THE RULES problem with it being theoretically its all THEORY.Like common sense its not that common.What happens if 8 of the 4wd boys need to fix there cars and there's no one to marshall the next race do you just say sorry boys everyone is fixing cars tough luck?

#74 ·
Then stop people from racing 2 classes, problem solved LOL

#77 ·
The way I see it, we all put our names down to race and the machine selects the marshals for each race.
Fact is because I don't run 2 classes it picks me twice, I also marshal in place of my son who is 12 and not allowed to marshal.

Example, Stock class - Dan and Marty run it, they also run 4wd so 2 out of 3 they are driving that only leaves 2wd outlaw that they can help with.
The computer knows this when the day is planned and they don't get allocated twice, the single class guys have to cover the short fall.
When there are only low numbers there's no time for breaks so as a result the time between the races gets extended and the day runs longer like it did on Sunday when it was after 5 that we all left.

#80 ·
This would be my advice (and take it for what is it... :D).

Pick a class and race in it - make it your primary focus. If you want to run a second class then great but if your marshalling duties clash then the marshalling should take priority.

I know its all about the fun, and more fun can be had racing your cars than marshalling them but as seen in previous comments about the speed and supposed lack of attention of marshalls I would suggest this - what is better, a slow marshall or no marshall at all? If everyone had the attitude of "I fix both cars first and mashalling comes second" then there will be nobody to marshall at all. Ask yourself how would you like it if nobody was available to marshall your race?

If for some reason you are due to marshall and cannot then it should be YOUR responsibility to find a replacement regardless of how many people run in your class. When there are too many marshalls for marshalling spots then the marshalls can work out who sits out.

Running multiple classes is achievable provided everyone has an open attitude and remembers its not all about them (of course this doesn't apply to Kev :D).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.