King rc shakedown series pointscore - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Leopard View Post
    Ambro, I'm not gona sound like a whinger but reality is that even if I did re fuel and got back on track there was no way I could have won unless Franco and Dan both broke down and there was no 4th car that had chance of coming third

If it'll make you stop crying ill give you the damn peice of foam and ill even frame it for you

I came 1st 2nd n 3rd and I'm 3rd on the ladder with Franco ontop of me when he came 5th 7th and 2nd? How the fudge does that work? Is it only based on finals ? If so I'm not racing heats, no bloody point

relax its got nothing to do with you ,i don't want it , its about the rules that's all , i have no chance in getting a podium after the series , or even during the series, so its not about me .. just being fair for those who might have a chance and do the right thing.... that's all.. i only go for a bit of fun and mainly the social side. not for as we say sheep station's . if it happen to you jonny and you missed out at the end of the race series , i,m sure you would be the first to spew. so just being fair... after all, the rules are there for a reason.
    and i,m sure even if you never refulled you would have still got thrid ....
    Last edited by in rod we trust; 31-07-2012 at 05:09 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C God
    So if I start both heats and do even 1 lap I'm elegible for the finals?
    Technically Yes ..... But that's not a very sportsmanlike attitude to adopt and it would be frowned upon by the section leader!

I'll take the time to give you an example!

Say you go to Queensland in November and there's 5 heats per class; you go out in the first two and have a shocker !
    The next one you blow a motor, the next one a clutch..etc
    And in your last heat with your new motor and clutch you smash the track record and do 3 Laps more than anyone else, you then take out pole position as opposed to the 4 bad heats dragging you down to last place on the grid.
    Sydney Society of Model Engineers - Large Scale Off Road Section Leader - AARCMCC Affiliated

not possible deano
    i will be setting the unbreakable lap record well before you guys get up here LOL...
    :-)
    FG Modellsport Australia - Leopard 4
    G4z engines that's "G force" not "G four Zed"

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C God
    Of course you will Brad !!! Forgive my ignorance .... Lmao
    How you been mate !!
    Sydney Society of Model Engineers - Large Scale Off Road Section Leader - AARCMCC Affiliated

been good bro
    hanging for you boys to come and visit thats for sure
    should be some good racing to be had
    FG Modellsport Australia - Leopard 4
    G4z engines that's "G force" not "G four Zed"

R/C God
    Us too mate, Kev and I might do a flyin run before November to have a test run.
    We want it to be November next week !!!

So if I start both heats and do even 1 lap I'm elegible for the finals?
    All you need to do is set a time, it only really matters what the time is if there are A, B, etc mains. Seeing that there are only 8 or so drivers at the meet, your 1 lap time will see you to the A main as there are no other mains to be in.

You can do this, but, is it worth it. You get to the final, you have no idea how the track has changed throughout the day, so your setup might be out by a long way compared to the conditions, your choice of tire might be wrong for the conditions and you have had next to no practice and track time.

And being that setup and tire choice can make or break you, I would be setting a good time in the first heat, then chasing setup in the second, looking for those 10ths improvement that will see you to the podium in the finals.
    Spec-R S1 - Hobao GPX4 - TT EB4 S3 - Kyosho Inferno EP - LRP S10 BX - Serpent LX - 3Racing FGX F1

R/C God
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
    All you need to do is set a time, it only really matters what the time is if there are A, B, etc mains. Seeing that there are only 8 or so drivers at the meet, your 1 lap time will see you to the A main as there are no other mains to be in.

You can do this, but, is it worth it. You get to the final, you have no idea how the track has changed throughout the day, so your setup might be out by a long way compared to the conditions, your choice of tire might be wrong for the conditions and you have had next to no practice and track time.

And being that setup and tire choice can make or break you, I would be setting a good time in the first heat, then chasing setup in the second, looking for those 10ths improvement that will see you to the podium in the finals.
    I agree !!

I think it's worth going for the extra 2 points if you look at how close last series was, tied positions in a couple of the classes. The TQ 2 points could make all the difference.
    Sydney Offroad Large Scale

Banned
    i got no chance of getting TQ in the heats, but i will still run in both heats.

R/C God

Also this is where a grid start makes more sense for a final. If you choose to just do a lap in a heat to "qualify" for the final then it leaves you sitting dead last on the grid and the guy who TQ'ed gets pole position. Staggered start doesn't allow for this and is really only good for heats
    "As inconspicuous as I am...I am a hard face to forget"
    BigKev aka The Frog
    27/9/2010

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R/C God
    I really think that we need to stop and think about the reason that Dean called this the "Shakedown Series", for those that don't know or understand, it was called this for the reason to get us ready for the November Championships... and some of us really need to pickup on their game or you'll just find yourself disqualified before even getting to the championship finals.
    Proud member of SSME - Large Scale Off Road Section.
    Proud driver of anything from MCD Racing, purchased from PowerSlide Racing.

www.mcdracingforum.com

R/C God
    Quote Originally Posted by MONAROMAN View Post
    Also this is where a grid start makes more sense for a final. If you choose to just do a lap in a heat to "qualify" for the final then it leaves you sitting dead last on the grid and the guy who TQ'ed gets pole position. Staggered start doesn't allow for this and is really only good for heats
    Chris, I think we were a little not too bothered with the proper Start Order on the weekend, from the look of things i think we should stick to what the computer start order shows... that way there might be less problems.

www.mcdracingforum.com

Banned

So tq means an extra 2 points....ok I'm learning I'm learning

R/C God

Quote Originally Posted by BeatsMe View Post
    Chris, I think we were a little not too bothered with the proper Start Order on the weekend, from the look of things i think we should stick to what the computer start order shows... that way there might be less problems.
    If its a staggered start it doesn't matter anyway, staggered does allow less first turn carnage! but doesn't reward qualifying better than anyone else.
    BigKev aka The Frog
    27/9/2010

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R/C God
    The heats are started at 2 second single file intervals and the final is a formula 1 style grid in qualifying order.
    We have been running a lemans style grid for the finals which also has been working well.
    I agree Franco you did did setup the 2wd outlaw grid correctly and I attempted the 4wd as well but the list needs to be followed as you said, the computer does it all for you.

R/C God
    Quote Originally Posted by MONAROMAN View Post
    If its a staggered start it doesn't matter anyway, staggered does allow less first turn carnage! but doesn't reward qualifying better than anyone else.
    On the Laps software even the staggered start for the heats has a start order print out, not the first heat of course but any heat after that you have the option to print out a start order page and then the same for the final. I just didn't bother with it during last weekend.

www.mcdracingforum.com

R/C God

Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying that either should be done - I'm just pointing out the differences in light of Johnny's question regarding qualifying.
    BigKev aka The Frog
    27/9/2010

Banned
    what ever you boy's did on the weekend , worked quite well imo .. well done to you boy's who ran the system.

When I get the losi, I'm coming to Queensland!

With a baggage!

Named Homer! And also have a losi!

Is there a limit on motor size?
    Self sponsored RC enthusiast!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast