Australian RC Forums banner

bullet proof axial wraith

8K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  BundyRacer 
#1 ·
hey guys had this axial wraith for about 1 week, i am loving it. so far i have made some temporary suspension lowering kit for the rear and limited the front shocks slightly, put my mamba max pro in and got aussie nerds 18.5t novak in it until my viper 13.5t motor comes from amain. originally it was going to be ran on 2s but was too slow for our liking so we just jumped straight up to 4s :cool: now its got some power. the original gears lasted 2 days for us (starting to click) so i have to buy some bullet proof hellicut diffs, the original ones are still useable. also i did a bonnet mod, which takes away the 4 screws and replaces it with 2 body clips and 2 twistie ties that act as hinges (for scale look) also mounted johny in the drivers seat ;) still waiting for revo ends so i can make 4mm stainless links all round. replaces the flimsy plastic ones.
still to come in the mail
-4s 3000mah
-viper 13.5t
-suspension lowering kit
ill keep you guys updated on my wraith as i get parts rolling in, i hope you guys like it
cheers

#6 ·
Got the new 3000mah 4s today fits nicely, no battery straps needed! also figured i would plug the mmp into the computer and see what we had the punch control on. it was on 30% so we changed it to 10% because I like instant power, she now wheelies on carpet :) i love it ha
still waiting on
-bullet proof gears
-suspension kit mount
-viper motor ----- In australia already, thanks to express, hopefully ill have it this weekend
-revo ends, which are in the same order as above so maybe some custom stainless links this weekend too
will definitely be buying some vanquish chubs and steering knuckles down the road.
cheers guys ill keep you updated :)

#7 ·
hey guys got my viper motor. looks great! also bought some eritex rims off aussie nerd. i think they will look awesome! then ordered some 2.2 swampers off amain. some alloy chubs, lockouts and steering knuckles are on the way. Got around to making some stainless links today that look great and are way stronger than the stock. milled up some alloy to fit inside the centre shafts for added strength, still need to do the steering links when i get my knuckles. I stripped my 42pitch spur, i think 4s was a bit much for only 42pitch so i ordered a 32 pitch spur and pinion.
still to come in the mail
-alloy chubs, knuckles, lockouts
-2.2 swampers. these are the ones im talking about if no one has heard of them before. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...er-Swamper-22-G8-Crawler-Tire-w-Memory-Foam-2
-High speed bullet proof diffs
all this will come next week so hopefully it will be up and running again.
thanks
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Bicycle tire
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Circuit component Coil Passive circuit component Amber Electrical wiring

Camera accessory Wood Gas Gun accessory Audio equipment
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Bicycle part

#8 ·
hey guys got my 32 pitch gears today and installed them. also by my surprise the knuckles, chubs and lockouts turned up. i ended up waiting 3 days for them. i did pay express but this is Hong Kong we are talking about. very happy with the site i bought them from. and they are very nice quality. i got silver all round because i knew it wouldn't show the scratches as much. i was going to get blue but they didnt have the rear lockouts in blue so i got silver. so glad i didn't pay three times as much for vp gear. not saying VP is crap or anything! here's a couple of pics. just waiting on my tires, suspension mount kit and gears.
thanks
Bicycle part Automotive tire Wood Auto part Rim
Automotive tire Wood Rim Bicycle part Bicycle handlebar
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame
Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Wood Automotive tire Bumper

#10 ·
hey guys. im having a bit of trouble with my chubs. the bolts that hold them on keep coming loose! they go up very tight (ones stripped) but still end up coming loose after 10min of crawling! anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?
please help I've tried lock tight and little spring washers but nothing works? anyone got any ideas?
thanks

#13 · (Edited)
#17 ·
yeah that's what i'm talking about. it screws into plastic. so we might try making some tubes that go on the inside of the axle, out of stainless, then all the bolts just screw into that instead of the plastic.
cheers

#19 ·
yeah i ended up putting the stock chubs on. the reason it keeps coming loose (even with superglue) is because the slot in the chubs is drilled bigger than the bolts so there is slop. where as with the stock ones, you have to actually screw the screw into the chub slot first.
cheers

#20 ·
Did you have collars in the C Hubs?

Super Glue is usually pretty solid once set...I noticed that when fixing a customers Wraith, they had a similar issue, with a stripped C Hub retaining screw.

I used Loctite 480 (Black Retarded CA), also used a longer self tapping screw to get a bit more bite....end result...the loctite has formed a new thread entirely, and the screw can be removed and refitted with ease, but remains locked up once tightened down.

Retarded CA takes longer to set, giving you ample time to re-assemble, and get things in position properly...but once set is as strong as instant set CA.
It is also great for mounting tyres, because it is black in color, it is much harder to see if you stuff up when glueing a tyre, and being retarded, you have a small time window for positioning the tyre before it dries.

#22 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread Bicycle part Vehicle brake
Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Rim Wood

Stock chubs and suspension lowering kit.
the whole rear end of the car is off ATM and getting installed is the High speed bullet proof gears. the front will be done soon. cant wait to take her for a spin.
cheers

#23 ·
the bullet proof gears are installed. here's a couple of pics. just bashing around my place.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.