Australian RC Forums banner

Traxxis xo1,... worth it?

19K views 68 replies 16 participants last post by  kiwi51 
#1 ·
Hey lads, have a mate that bought one and ran it for 5 mins... not a scratch..

He needs some coin (as we all do) and offered it to me for $700.00..

Worth it??? Goes fast just dont know traxxis quality..

help appreciated..

#2 ·
very strong as stock mate, I 've crashed mine pretty bad and the weak spot seems to be the a-arms breaking at the pin, make sure you've got plenty of space to drive it and have fun, you'll love it but the downside is, it'll make all your other toy's that little less exciting to drive.

#4 ·
Already tought about mods, got a lehner 2025 gathering dust and plenty of caps for the esc...

Ill let you know ld.... Couldn't believe they made the 1717 again but painted it black...

Back paint costs alot more bud....lol

#14 ·
Its a disclaimer, and if you hit a wall at 160 whats going to be under warrenty.. you'd have to feed on the throttle so you dont snap **** i'd imagine..

#15 ·
there's a lot of feather trigger work around the streets and not a lot of WOT. With a Neu 1527 1.5d 1500kv brushless motor running 46t/25t and the first set of knobbies I had on the xo-1 I wandered over to the footy oval and even there, starting at one end goal line, squeeze throttle firmly approx.3/4 pull and by the time you do this your hard on the brakes as not go through the fence at the other end. Oval work is fun as you can build speed each lap as you stand in the middle or up in the grand stand and build up to around the 3/4 throttle mark but gets a tad hairy as the sun goes down and the grass gets slippery, then it becomes almost full throttle for a second up the wings and then drift/(hold and hope it doesn't side bite) through the foward line, accross to the other wing to keep the action happening, it's cool in my book.

#19 ·
I've found the best part of footy oval running is that when it get's dark, you can add a few lights to the model so you know what's front and back and you can be sure nothings going to "jump out in front" of your car, just short, soft, flat grass!!

#20 ·
hmmm,damn.. maybe i should have kept mine.. i just used it up and down my street... not in any wide open spaces and i was like, well this is nothing special..

i would just like to buy the motor combo and put it in a slash or something and have a mental as anything SCT!!

#22 ·
yeah i am thinking ill get a 4wd one now aswell.. i love the slash, its just so durable and from what ive put my 2wd through so far and its still fine amazes me!

#23 ·
Only if u don't know how to drive lmao. I got a 2wd and find it needs much more skill to drive properly. I find it get fun. I also got a 4wd car so I know what the difference is like.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

#27 ·
Sounds like there are enough of these around to get some Head to Head racing going....anyone have a spare airport runway not being used?

#31 ·
What other 8 scale e cars are there? Inferno? Would be fun, to watch the thunder tiger er4 g3 as a pace car lol

#32 ·
Or use the Mini (ER4 G3) that would be cool, seeing a mini pacing the field....I know where one lives...

#34 ·
I'm guessing your house?

How's it going so far?

#36 · (Edited)
Got one and its the best rc car I got, the others are just gathering dust lol.
IMO the X-01 doesn't handle very well out of the box but after I got some stiffer springs (5942) and some swaybars it handles like a champ, getting some even firmer springs (5441) and some better GTR shocks (5460A)
Only warning on it thou is before you plan on going fast, get those tyres up to temperature and go easy on the throttle

#37 ·
Got one and its the best rc car I got, the others are just gathering dust lol.
IMO the X-01 doesn't handle very well but after I got some stiffer springs (5942) and some swaybars it handles like a champ, getting some even firmer springs (5441) and some better GTR shocks (5460A)
Only warning on it thou is before you plan on going fast, get those tyres up to temperature and go easy on the throttle
Kiwi51
Totally agree with you on the tyres. No heat - it just goes sideways - must be very gentle on the trigger finger for the 1st 30-40 mts & build up the speed gradually. Done quite a few mods to mine.
Upgraded the Shocks & changed the oil in the diffs , Stiffers springs all 4 corners, swaybars, Balanced the wheels (that helps a lot), checked all the tolerances on the arms & shimmed were necessary. Added a Castle Creation fan to the motor, Flipped the rear arms also went for a bit of bling & fitted some lights.

#38 ·
Lol I add some bling too with some very bright leds, the headlights and taillights are 300lm each, if i drive my X-01 when the sun is setting you can actually see the beam the lights project.
I'm getting a motor fan soon just waiting for it to show up, did it make a difference in helping the motor to cool when it is stationary?
Have you had any word when your hobby store will stock clear bodies? I'm in need of a new body after mine flipped at high speed

#39 ·
Mate
Clear Bodies are not availible until late Sept - there is a world wide shortage. I have had one backorder for the US for almost a month now. Logged on to the site yesterday to check - the site states - "LATE SEPT". I have 2 bodies - 1 x red - 1 x Blue and alternate depending on the mood. I would prefer my own paint - but have to wait. You cld try fleabay - but I couldn't find one. Nobody has them here in Aus - in fact as far as I can tell no-one carries anything for the car in Aus - your LHS would have to order from the US anyway
I have got all of my stuff for the X0 -1 from the US - there are 2 really good sites ( not sure if I can post here - but PM me & I will pass on the details).
Fan Unit definately makes a differnace to standing temps.
If you haven't already done so - get on to the Traxxas Community forum - there is a lot of good info there for the XO-1 or any Traxxas car
Cheers
Marty

#41 ·
Thanks for the info, lately my LHS has been good with the X-01 only parts and as a result I brought quite a few spares the only part i'm after is the clear body so ill just wait till they get one

Does the esc have a port for the usb? Or do i need to get that special cable?

#45 ·
Had a quick look and couldn't see a mini-usb port, so i got this off e-bay:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CASTLE-C...Radio_Controlled_Vehicles&hash=item564b709550

Is it the right one? I hope so...

Looks like my tablet finally has a use.
Kiwi51
Yep - That the one you need - as I said sign upto the Traxxas Community forum - good info posted on there about how to use the Castle Link - it is pretty easy to use - the main programming use is to control the "punch" so that you dont get the car sideways when you pull the trigger - but there is also a lot of other programming options.
Good luck - let me know how you go.
Marty

#46 ·
I would like to see the XO1 run head to head with the new Traxxas Drag Car, I am sure the XO1 will win but it would look good with them running beside each other...maybe even have Courtney Force waving the chequered flag....oh lala

#50 ·
There are several videos on The Traxxas forum that show a "drag" race with the Funny Car v XO-1 - $10 to the 1st person who can guess the winner without going on to the Forum.
I also have the FC - but haven't had chance to run it anger yet.
Might be a bit hard trying to "drag" race myself with both cars - I only have 2 hands & I need both when operating the XO-1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.