Australian RC Forums banner

King rc shakedown series

23K views 130 replies 19 participants last post by  xr8ute 
#1 ·

Welcome to the King Rc shakedown series, you can see from the above banner that Callan has created we are about to start the 2nd half of the year with a bang.

Callan has very kindly offered to sponsor the series for us and he will be providing some fantastic trophies for each class at each round, there will then be the overall winners of entire series for all three classes.

Our goal will is the same as it was for the preceding Rok RC series and that's as a fundraiser for our timing system.
We made some very strong inroads in to our debt and we will be continuing to do the same again.

You might wonder about the name for the series, well it comes from the fact that the Australian Championships are in November and you can bet your wheel nuts we will all be getting fully sorted for that!

A big thank you to Callan Gunn for his ongoing support.

Note: SSME AARCMCC Rules will apply.

See less See more
#34 ·
You got your 1st place trophy kev, my turn now, ill give you the little one as it suits your size abit better now...little kev

#35 ·
After yesterday's run I can say that I think I'm gona have a hard time catching these losi trucks....ill do my best though

#37 ·
Johnny the Losi's are a hard truck to keep up with, they soak up all the bumps and stay really stable, and being so wide, they are harder to pass than a pub : )

#36 ·
Those Awards look very sweet...and the good thing...No Names on them...Deano, flick one up my way...lol would look good in my Wall Unit, better make it a second place though, dont want to arowse to much susspicion, not many would believe I actually won anything, unless all the other cars DNF'ed

#40 ·
This remands me of a funny story, I think it was back in 2000/1 or 2, i was racing the Australian Classic Dirt Track titles in Coffs Harbour. In the 30-40 y/o 250cc post classic division i came 4th in Australia, out of 5 because one bike broke down. Both my brothers, who are much better racers than me, did not do as good, one came 10th and the other 7th i think. But none the less, i could say i was 4th in the nation and they were ****, even though i could not win a race to save myself.

#42 ·
Had to wreck it didn't ya Franco...I was giving the losi guys some sort of hope that they have some sort of chance of winning... LOL

#46 ·
Well boys round 1 is this coming weekend, I know I'm looking forward to it as well as Zach,

He will have a brand new Symsteer in the 5T so the steering issues of previous months are behind him, he's also got a new set of the Proline SC front tires for some extra grip.

My 5B has been pulled down and had the once over of tender loving care, I few new metal threads, the Dark soul toobz and a new Uber drive cup so I'm ready top go.

No group text message this round as I'm unsure of the full membership line up after renewals.
I will have the list soon and will continue on my harassing ways ..... lol

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there on Sunday!

Cheers
Dean

#49 ·
I'm spewing no enduro....I'm hanging to run an enduro...2 Leos dominating hehehe

#51 ·
Learn to drive the Baja first Scott orelse you'll be rebuilding every week

#53 ·
Racing not bout crashing bro, its about driving, and having fun

#58 ·
Okay folks round 1 has been run and won!
The day was very good, the track was generally good be very slippery when it dried off.

The company was great we had a good solid turnout for all classes as well as a visitor from the "New" Hunter Valley Club, great to see Owen come and have a run.

We signed 6 new members which is great, not all of last years crew have renewed which is a shame but they will be back.

The results for the 2wd stock final where,1st - Craig, 2nd -Scott and 3rd - Marty.

Insert Zach holding Marty's award as he was MIA when the pics where taken.

2wd - Outlaw 1st - Jake, 2nd - Dean and 3rd - John

4wd - Outlaw 1st - Dan, 2nd - Fanco and 3rd - Jonny

The point scores will be posted around mid week.

#59 ·
Okay folks round 1 has been run and won!
The day was very good, the track was generally good be very slippery when it dried off.

The company was great we had a good solid turnout for all classes as well as a visitor from the "New" Hunter Valley Club, great to see Owen come and have a run.

We signed 6 new members which is great, not all of last years crew have renewed which is a shame but they will be back.

The results for the 2wd stock final where,1st - Craig, 2nd -Scott and 3rd - Marty.

Insert Zach holding Matry's award as he was MIA when the pics where taken.

2wd - Outlaw 1st - Jake, 2nd - Dean and 3rd - John

4wd - Outlaw 1st - Dan, 2nd - Fanco and 3rd - Jonny

The point scores will be posted around mid week.

congrats to all the winner's and everybody on the day as well. top day.
gee that's a good camera nice pic's look how young marty is in that shot..that cam makes you look 35 years younger.. wonder what it will do for me..;):p:p

#60 ·
Would have made you look even more older Ambro :lol: :lol:

Had a great time today, such a great bunch of guys to race with :thumb:

Big thanks to Seano for supplying me with a spare carby would not have made it to the final otherwise.

#63 ·
Awesome guys, Well done to everyone. Lookin good all pimped out in the Sponsor gear Deano lol.

How did i know a Losi would take the 4wd Class lol, Up against the euro big dogs,,,,,,,,,,,,Well done boys.

You guys need to come up to Charmhaven and play with us. Be awesome to see 20+ cars on the track at once.

#64 ·
How did i know a Losi would take the 4wd Class lol, Up against the euro big dogs,,,,,,,
Ha ha ha If only i hadn't run out of fuel at the 26 minute mark as i was leading at the time... go the euro big dogs :lol:

#72 ·
I haven't had so much fun racing in a long time

I think I did ok with 3 podium finishes and fastest lap of the day, was a pity though coz I thinks my motor is blown due to sh1t getting in the exhaust whilst blowing the exhaust tube twice :( oh well, start saving again!

#73 ·
And in the final I burnt a massive hole in my fuel tank! Was headfuked why I had smoke coming out of the tank when I come down to refuel in the final, thought only nitro did that!

#75 ·
Johny you lucky it was only your fuel tank, i really thought if you had keeped on charging like you did you would have broken more.
But good race the most exciting 4wd race i have seen, you and ROKO really stuck it to the LOSSI'S hahaha

#74 ·
Really good day guys, i had a ball. Even had a podium finish in stock class.(2nd in finals)
Just wait till i can control the big mama and i will be coming after you guys in outlaw class lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.