Hi hi

Thread: Hi hi

R/C Newbie

Hi hi

Gday Guys and gals,

New member, cleaning out my dad's shed and i found a 1/10th scale Nitro car gathering dust with instructions: 'Gas Pwodered remote car' ......Hmmm this lead me to believe this car isnt a mainstream brand.

Either way, it didnt take much to clean it up and get it going again, running rough as guts but running. Rallied it around the back yard till i ran out of fuel.

Next round with it was on tarmac, to which i shredded the 5 year old slicks and figured i need some moulded plastic rims for sideways action.

Purchased some from a online retailer, 20 mins later:

Hmmmmmmmm....

Anyway i thought id join a forum and inquire about the right brand of rims and tyres for this sorta fun. And also where i can get old school Japanese 1/10th shells, Z car, Ke10, Haka, Datto 1600 anything really.

Thank you and sorry for the long winded welcome speech

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C Novice
    Hello and welcome, pretty new myself but have found this place is great . Anybody know what brand that is . I like the look of that belt and cogs. You may have to go an alloy wheel ? Is the surface pretty rough? Needs to be car park smooth by the look of those wheels. Gary

Senior Moderator little_drifter's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum.

ABC makes some old school bodies, like the datto, etc

http://www.abchobbyusa.com/110scalebodyshells.aspx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AIR:
    DJI Phantom - Spektrum DX9 Mode 2, Hobbyking Bixler v1.1

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmoko View Post
    Hello and welcome, pretty new myself but have found this place is great . Anybody know what brand that is . I like the look of that belt and cogs. You may have to go an alloy wheel ? Is the surface pretty rough? Needs to be car park smooth by the look of those wheels. Gary
    You may be right about the alloy's. I can take more detailed photo's if you like mate

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by little_drifter View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

ABC makes some old school bodies, like the datto, etc

http://www.abchobbyusa.com/110scalebodyshells.aspx
    Thank you mate, appreciate the link.

R/C God
    hello and welcome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"God now has my four favorite drivers in his team, Gilles Villeneuve, Senna, Brock and Jason Richards. RIP buddy."
    Jason Bright 16/12/11

R/C Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja Dan View Post
    hello and welcome
    Thank you.

Banned

Get some sweep pre mounted wheels, or grp foamies, best tyres I've ever used, never cracked a rim or blown a tyre off

Engine looks like a force engine, either force 12 or 15 but it does tend to overheat quite abit if tune ain't perfect other than that should be.fine

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

Banned

And I think the car might be a bv1 going from the rear bumper...

R/C Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Baja View Post
    Get some sweep pre mounted wheels, or grp foamies, best tyres I've ever used, never cracked a rim or blown a tyre off

Engine looks like a force engine, either force 12 or 15 but it does tend to overheat quite abit if tune ain't perfect other than that should be.fine

That was going to be my next line of inquire, tuning this beast, runs very rough and blows little smoke, nitro doesnt last long at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Baja View Post
    And I think the car might be a bv1 going from the rear bumper...

Thank you.

Senior Moderator
    Car looks like a GV (Great Vigor) BV-1, should have no touble getting most parts through yoour local Mr Toys/Toyworld, they are an agent for Model Engines (the original supplier of GV in Aust).

Welcome to the forum

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.