Australian RC Forums banner

Xtremespeed Team X01 Conversion X02 200mph

25K views 47 replies 14 participants last post by  RiCeYWA 
#1 ·
One of my little projects the Xtremespeed teams xo-1 RTR I have had it for a few months now, but no time to work on it so basically the instructions for one of the team members was to do what you need to do……………soooo…….. after he gave it some thought he stripped it down and sold most it, to make way for the XO-2 Xtreme custom build. The goal is to extend the Chassis by an extra traxxas shaft, carbon fibre chassis and top plate 2.5mm, the neu motor has come in (Neu 1527), lots more cells (14), MGM Comp pro esc TMM 25063-3 X-Series. The custom body will be a lola style body made from 0.5mm (or1mm) carbon fibre sheets and also using some RJ speed lexan sheet. Custom carbon fibre rims and foam tyres. The diff area has been closely looked at……more on that later. There will be two engine mounts utilized in the centre and short shaft to connect two Traxxas shafts.
The car will have the option to place the motor in the centre or at the rear or even the front.

The aim is to get as close to 200mph as possible.

I will continue posting more as it comes together.

See less See more
#4 ·
I be adding some pics of our Custom Xray T2 & Schumacher Mi 3.5 These Cars are ready to go, our expectations on these will be to get over 150mph, we are currently seeking a 800m stretch of road needs to be smooth & straight once we locate it they will be fired up...

Esc ( MGM Comp pro esc TMM 25063-3 X-Series ) go on ther web page.

Keep watching

#5 · (Edited)
This is Arthur Xray T2 Utilizing part of the original xray top carbon fibre plate and also the original xray engine mount was relocated towards the front of the car.
The rear original xray pulley mount was also relocated and utilized. The Rx8 is no longer Castle Creation Hv 160amp.

#7 ·
Come on a 1527 even in comp wind is between 2 to 3k 1d of course....

You think its gonna hold together over 65000rpm???? loaded

Time for lehners bud.... And talk to schultze about esc and fab a heatsink and fan....
then maybe if u can get traction..

#9 · (Edited)
Come on a 1527 even in comp wind is between 2 to 3k 1d of course....

You think its gonna hold together over 65000rpm???? loaded

Time for lehners bud.... And talk to schultze about esc and fab a heatsink and fan....
then maybe if u can get traction..
Matey'

I don't know who schultze is so I won't comment on him, I think you will have to wait and see as the project moves forward the current world record is a custom Tc4 by Nic case at 173mph, so I think that what I'm building is more than capable to get there.

In the coming weeks leading up to willowbank in September for the Australian speed championships you will see allot on this thread.

I will have more specs on the build soon be patiant and sit back, I'm sure once we get on track you might change your mind.

Part of this project always comes with learning that's what makes it challenging.

It's like the Baja who ever thought 189 kph would of being possible and soon even faster once I get my engine back. I also do have the fastest 1/10 scale X-ray T2 at 202kph in the country so I think we have some idea and it wasnt customised like these are.

There will be allot of customised parts from wheels to drive train to body.

Arthur' will have complete spec's of the other two cars up here soon just look at those and u will get an idea.

Stay tuned.....

Cheers

#12 · (Edited)
Just imagine how fast those little wheels are going for the car to get to 150MPH+. Wow.

Good luck. I wish you'd kept the X01 chassis standard though. Not as cool if you extend it. :(
Yeah'

I was but when looking at it we thought why not take it to it's limits 160 kph straight out of the box is quick... But thats not quick enough any more we need explore the boundaries and work otside the box.

The it's a nice looking car tho.

Cheers

#14 ·
Fantastic projects, cant wait to see more as they all come together.

These cars do not need to be "drivable" just put out the power for a straight line run. CC offer the most affordable esc's for the task and i can not see any benefit in spending $800+ for a Euro esc when its not essential but the Euro escs are nice to have.

#16 ·
Fantastic projects, cant wait to see more as they all come together.

These cars do not need to be "drivable" just put out the power for a straight line run. CC offer the most affordable esc's for the task and i can not see any benefit in spending $800+ for a Euro esc when its not essential but the Euro escs are nice to have.

You are correct buy far but I need assurance's, we have looked at some other foums on the MGM's and they have performed well for others.

But there always something out there, that could be just as good if not better...

Lets see how we go as we start the build, then we will try some different combo's if required.

The feed back is always good as it helps us in our goal.

Cheers

#17 ·
Have you purchased the electronics yet ?
I would email mgm and check the esc is capable of controlling the motor at the rpms you need ,not all esc's can run super high speeds that you will be hitting.

Also i would email Neu to see if he will build you a "tough" motor for the task. In the past i have had success getting the "right" parts when i asked.

Good luck and make sure to show us plenty.

#27 · (Edited)
thats damn hot!!!! Go for it what is your motors shaft rpm loaded going to be... i know the gearing will be hush hush
Matey'
Under load on 11 cell the expected rpm should be approximately 52,000 rpm, as u said at this moment gearing is hush hush but imagine where I’m heading.......

Cheers

Ps the gears on the previous photos aren't the intended use, we have sauced better & lighter gears with a variety of combinations.

#31 ·
Ok

There is a difference between the quickest & fastest, we are going for fastest which distance isn't required, I need this 800 metre as I will require braking area.

If I recall Nic case did his land speed record in 1900 ft.

Cheers
O

#34 ·
Also have two matched pairs of hyperion 6s 45-90 5000 packs that would work great in series.. If high speed is the option Massive esc and dump massive C..

pm me if interested.. always happy to help a good cause..

#40 · (Edited)
Have three 2250 6wind...

Will do deal on FPV plane gear if wanted to purchase...

Get you 37540rpm running cold on 12 s, 1521/7 isnt even a starter motor.........go higher cell will take 65000

Short runs go 24s 2500mah packs, series to keep weight even on chassis.... Need a good 200 to 300 esc and big cap bank if you want to punch the throttle, if not let it wind out on easy trigger finger and save big bucks.
... Have fun steering...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.