Vital's Vehicles - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My first Tamiya vehicle and my first onroad car....

It was actually an XB or Expert Built RTR from RC Hobbies (only $200 and it's got a TT-02 under that sweet body)

It came with a 2.4GHz radio, which is pretty basic, but should be enough for now.

• TLR 22T 2.0 • MST FXX-D • Tamiya CW-01 • Tamiya DT-02 • Slash LCG 4x4 VXL •
    •
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    •
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    •
    •

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Very nice VB
    is that a capri body
    you cant get enough RC

Yep, it's the 1981 Zakspeed Ford Capri (Gr. 5) as driven by Klaus Ludwig......ja.

I'll probably end up taking it to Hobby Habit to use their track, but while Google mapping around my area I found this in the middle of a park just a few blocks away

•
    •
    •
    •

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Some new rubber and a freshly painted body for the Yokomo. Thanks to Phil, our track manager who painted quite a few over the xmas break.

The blue at the back is actually that special colour-shift paint. So, it looks purple from a different angle.
    •
    •
    •
    •

Senior Moderator little_drifter's Avatar
    Looks great Trav. Been a lot time since i posted here! thought id pop in for a look see

AIR:
    DJI Phantom - Spektrum DX9 Mode 2, Hobbyking Bixler v1.1

Heya LD

As you can see, Skidd is our most prolific poster these days
    •
    •
    •
    •

Race day tomorrow (still on the old track) and I'm finally gonna give this 22 a crack.

•
    •
    •
    •

Well, the 22 did alright for my first foray into a mod buggy class with a 2nd place. Happy with that

But I just finished my first kit, the Tamiya CW-01 Unimog 406!

I'm still going to paint up a driver figure for inside.

Just the standard electronics that came with it, a TEU-105BK and a 540 motor. Along with a HobbyKing servo.

•
    •
    •
    •

Very nice VB
    kits are always fun to build and sort out
    you cant get enough RC

Looks good vb well done just needs some mud on it now
    If you dont know what your doing just look like you do

Yeah it was quite an enjoyable build. Nicely detailed instructions and wasn't difficult finding the parts I needed from the bags. I wanna build another one now

These Tamiya kits have a certain charm to them even if they're not the most advanced designs. Maybe a Blitzer Beetle on the DT-02 chassis or the LandCruiser on the CC-01.
    •
    •
    •
    •

Finally got around to painting up a driver figure for the Mog. Added a couple of LED's while I was at it.

•
    •
    •
    •

The Mog is still going strong. Although I did have a slight run-in with a door frame while driving it indoors and broke the servo saver. It wasn't much of a knock, really, but I guess it did what it was designed to do. I've replaced it with the metal high-torque version and it seems to be able to take those small knocks now.

Several months ago I picked up an absolute bargain on ebay with a TLR 22T. Some bloke in QLD built and painted it with the intention of beginning his racing career, but he didn't go ahead with it for some reason. It was brand spanking new and you could see that it'd never had electrics installed in it. It had an starting bid of $200 and I was the only person who bid

So I put some Tekin bits in it from a Losi SCT that I had lying around and now it's ready to race.
    Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 07-09-2017 at 03:14 PM. Reason: broken images
    •
    •
    •
    •

Senior Moderator
    there's a later model Unimog theseadays, to keep it company... squarer model 425 I think

Yeah, the 425 looks a bit more modern and suits the CC-01 chassis nicely.

Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 27-01-2017 at 03:14 PM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

R/C Apprentice
    Love unimogs. Mine is a bit beat up though. SCX10 chassis with custom cage. I want to see if the 425 unimog cab will fit on this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, your Mog is a bit more capable than mine Mine is still a bit of a shelf queen. Although I do take it for a bit of a burn around the local marina sometimes.

To make it look approximately 20% tougher, I've put on some black rims and Firestone tyre decals...

And I recently put the finishing touches on this MST FXX-D to go drifting with the Warehouse Sliders. Winter has put a complete halt to offroad racing at the moment so I needed something indoors.

The 22T 2.0 is still going well. Got a 2nd place (after a massive tie-breaker) in series 1 for 2017.

•
    •
    •
    •

R/C Apprentice
    Nice. That mog looks great.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers. It's surprising what a set of black wheels can do.

With Offroaderfest came the need for a fancy racing paintjob, so the 22T got a JConcepts Finnisher body just for the occasion. Which was then painted by Phillip Neville and I'm pretty damn happy with the results.

Painted headlights and grill.

While he was at it, I thought I might as well get a matching one for my 4x4 Slash seeing as I had an standard body lying around for it. It might not ever be raced because we don't have a 4x4 SCT class any more, so I got some nice looking tyres and wheels and put it on a shelf.

Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 18-10-2017 at 01:51 AM.
    •
    •
    •
    •

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910