Possible Closure of BLSO - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I can guarantee that won't happen Steve, but it would be better if QORLS helped other clubs in need, increase inter club activity and let everyone be happy. Past is the past, look forward to the future.

I don't speak on behalf of qorls anymore, nor am I a member at this stage.

To BLSO, +1 to relocate to Brisbane. You will do better once you advertise a new location.
    Last edited by 5Tom; 01-05-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    HPI Baja 5T - bog stock lol
    *Retired* Losi LST - strongest mother fu..er I've ever bashed. Look up Brisbane bashers on youtube :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by steve s View Post
    just an idea .... maybe qorls could hold a race day at blso and have some the funds go to them as a good will gesture it would also be a good sportsman thing to do and show no hard feelings etc etc it would also be a good change to drive on a different track / surface for the qorls members etc

like i said this is merely a suggestion and i am not a financial member of either club anymore so please do not think i am stirring up the pot and to be honest i probably wont even participate as i have another hobby now but never say never
    steve s
    Steve
    Thanks for your input
    As per my previous post - I had tried to organise a couple of times a interclub race day between the 2 clubs that would have benifitted both clubs - without sucess.
    Although the membership & committee at BLSO is totally different now - It appears that the attitude of anomosity remains the same.
    Personnaly - I couldn't give a fat rats right testicle - I don't judge people or hold grudges - I just want to race my car & have fun & help others to do the same - To have the oportunity to race on different tracks & to associate with a variety of people that have a common interest of 1/5th off road cars . Sure there always will be a differance of opinion between a group of people - everyone is entitled to that - otherwise we become just a bunch of sheep - I just find it hard to accept that the previous issues continue to fester. I would think that being grown men - we could get past all of this.
    I live with fear every day - but sometimes she lets me race

R/C Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Tom View Post
    I can guarantee that won't happen Steve, but it would be better if QORLS helped other clubs in need, increase inter club activity and let everyone be happy. Past is the past, look forward to the future.

I don't speak on behalf of qorls anymore, nor am I a member at this stage.

To BLSO, +1 to relocate to Brisbane. You will do better once you advertise a new location.
    Thanks Tom
    I am going to see Trackside today & find out the background as to why the track never got off the ground

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

I can't believe one club won't interact with the other, it's just so petty and against the very nature of the RC community.
    I'de love to know the reason, but I doubt anyone one would even remember now. It's childish behavior.
    Last edited by PC WIZ; 01-05-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by PC WIZ View Post
    I can't believe one club won't interact with the other, it's just so petty and against the very nature of the RC community.
    I'de love to know the reason, but I doubt anyone one would remember now. It's childish behavior.
    There are a lot of reasons why that might happen, but, when you consider the numbers involved in 1/5th racing in Brisbane, its just plain stupid to not do it. There are at best maybe 40-50 drivers split between these 2 clubs, it makes pure business sense and for the health of the sport, to not have such fragmentation. Which leaves amalgamation or an interclub series as the only viable options to keep two tracks up and running.

So, when i win the 50mil lotto tonight, I will build an RC Super Center in Brisbane, With 1/12, 1/10 and 1/8 off road and on road all weather tracks, rock crawling course and drag strip and hobby shop all under one roof.
    Spec-R S1 - Hobao GPX4 - TT EB4 S3 - Kyosho Inferno EP - LRP S10 BX - Serpent LX - 3Racing FGX F1

Hey Roger, you forgot about the 1/5 content.
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

R/C Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
    There are a lot of reasons why that might happen, but, when you consider the numbers involved in 1/5th racing in Brisbane, its just plain stupid to not do it. There are at best maybe 40-50 drivers split between these 2 clubs, it makes pure business sense and for the health of the sport, to not have such fragmentation. Which leaves amalgamation or an interclub series as the only viable options to keep two tracks up and running.

So, when i win the 50mil lotto tonight, I will build an RC Super Center in Brisbane, With 1/12, 1/10 and 1/8 off road and on road all weather tracks, rock crawling course and drag strip and hobby shop all under one roof.
    Mate
    When you do win the $50M you will have so many friends crawl out the woodwork - you wont have time to build the Brisbane RC Super Centre - but if by some act of God you do - I am there with you
    On a personal note - I wish to remind people that I was not a member of BLSO when the rift happened - I have just inherited the baggage - I just wish we could get over the hurrdles - life is too short for the BS

Quote Originally Posted by PC WIZ View Post
    Hey Roger, you forgot about the 1/5 content.
    I would prolly toss the money at the Brendale guys, it makes sense to have a northside track and a southside track for 1/5th off road. But on that note, i would be interested to see where they would put it, its not like there is much vacant land there. Unless it where where the car park is currently.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=ut...ed=0CCIQ8gEwAA
    Spec-R S1 - Hobao GPX4 - TT EB4 S3 - Kyosho Inferno EP - LRP S10 BX - Serpent LX - 3Racing FGX F1

R/C Apprentice
    I would prolly toss the money at the Brendale guys, it makes sense to have a northside track and a southside track for 1/5th off road. But on that note, i would be interested to see where they would put it, its not like there is much vacant land there. Unless it where where the car park is currently.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=ut...ed=0CCIQ8gEwAA
    Not sure either but I am going to have a look today & see if Trackside can shed some light

If the brendale club got moving, they will already have enough facilities to accommodate championship events almost straight off the bat!

I've often thought to just swap to onroad and get amongst the action, I just can't bare to split with my baja lol

Let me know if you guys want to have a run for some fun
    *Retired* Losi LST - strongest mother fu..er I've ever bashed. Look up Brisbane bashers on youtube :P

Senior Moderator

I had a similar idea, and I have 2 venues I have picked out for it as well, one is in the Geebung industrial area, meaning no parking or noise problems, and the other at Everton Park, also in a not heavily populated area, so again, noise and parking are no issues, and both venues have easy access to major arterial roads, for ease of getting there.
    I had already approached a few businesses to fund this idea as a business venture but the GFC had put some strain on their finances and they turned me down at the time.
    I was thinking of having 1/5, 1/8, 1/10 off road all indoors, a drift track and a 1/10 scale touring car track, and bringing a couple of catering businesses to keep the tummy's happy as well.
    I had even planned a day care/child minding playground, so that even the single parents had no excuses not to get involved.

Roger, you win the lotto and I will help you get it all set up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

Towie, if you did that. I can assure you I would come once a month for racing/fun. I'm sure Rob would as well. Do it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Hobao Hyper 8SC
    Axial SCX10
    LRP S10 Drifter
    Spektrum DX3C

If you built that complex, I bet RC families that lived out of the state would go there once a year for holidays, locals would be there for every race meeting and the other more dedicated out of state RC users would be there at least a few times a year.

There would need to be a camping caravan area somewhere near by as well.
    Last edited by PC WIZ; 01-05-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Yeah, I'll be waiting on a PM telling me it's a go ahead Towie. Don't let me down mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Hobao Hyper 8SC
    Axial SCX10
    LRP S10 Drifter
    Spektrum DX3C

Are there any venues at the moment that could be a possibility for a 1/5th track? Something to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    Reason for that: it is called “testosterone”,bunch of young guys standing there beating their chests like apes and almost as smart.

Sent from my computer using my fingers.

Who said they have to be young, from my experience, its old guy wanna be syndrome.

Problem you will have with setting up in an industrial estate will be the dust that the 1/5ths create.
    I would be confident a 1/5 track at or close to England park/trackside will not last long due to complaints from neighboring businesses.
    I would bet money that a 1/5 offroad track will never get built in that location with a smash repairs within 200meters plus countless other businesses.
    Imagine trying to prep a car for paint with a constant flow of dust coming in through the workshop doors. The complaints to the council will have it shut down in no time.

Also for what it's worth my opinion.
    The fact that the two clubs are on the south side of Brisbane within 40km of each other, there isn't enough numbers to support the two tracks.
    I think a north side track would be be your be best chance of keeping the BLSO club running. Keeping in mind there is an offroad track just outside of caboolture.
    I'm pretty sure Towie alone could get 10 or more 1/5 scale north side locals down to support your club.
    I have also spoken to guys that raced at wacol that refused to go back due to there pipes getting smashed in from being hacked by bashers that think they are offroad Craig Lowndes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In door track would be good. Drive in any weather and probably not much water usage on the track.
    Hpi baja 5b ss
    Elcon mmx

Quote Originally Posted by snap off racing View Post
    Problem you will have with setting up in an industrial estate will be the dust that the 1/5ths create.
    I would be confident a 1/5 track at or close to England park/trackside will not last long due to complaints from neighboring businesses.
    I would bet money that a 1/5 offroad track will never get built in that location with a smash repairs within 200meters plus countless other businesses.
    Imagine trying to prep a car for paint with a constant flow of dust coming in through the workshop doors. The complaints to the council will have it shut down in no time.

Also for what it's worth my opinion.
    The fact that the two clubs are on the south side of Brisbane within 40km of each other, there isn't enough numbers to support the two tracks.
    I think a north side track would be be your be best chance of keeping the BLSO club running. Keeping in mind there is an offroad track just outside of caboolture.
    I'm pretty sure Towie alone could get 10 or more 1/5 scale north side locals down to support your club.
    I have also spoken to guys that raced at wacol that refused to go back due to there pipes getting smashed in from being hacked by bashers that think they are

That easy fixed... You build a 100% clay track and a good watering system....(not that you will need to water it much.. More of a light spray.

I think relocating blso to the northside is the best idea yet.... Maybe a new venue will......
    I spent $3500 on a baja before I realized it wouldn't end!!!!!

Now the FEROX FX 4WD GOD!!!!!!